NBC Sports Edge Forums

Frankie Montas 2020 Outlook

was gold last year before suspension. im a believer that once you take peds ur forever changed in some degree.

pretty cheap. outside top 40 sp on fantasypros (mock) think he should be ranked closer to sp 25-30

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hes legit. now has 3 pitches compared to the fb slider combo. split plus mid upper 90s gas and slider. have zero concern about peds being the reason for his success. now fading for lack of innings pit

The PED he got hit for (Ostarine) is more used for recovery and has been shown to have a positive effect on ligament health. As someone who has dabbled in SARMs, which Ostarine is considered, I h

He was a bit wild and threw too many pitches, but his stuff is electric. 

29 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

was gold last year before suspension. im a believer that once you take peds ur forever changed in some degree.

pretty cheap. outside top 40 sp on fantasypros (mock) think he should be ranked closer to sp 25-30

He was a blessing for my team, until he got suspended, I'm hoping and praying he returns and pitches well.

hes legit. now has 3 pitches compared to the fb slider combo. split plus mid upper 90s gas and slider. have zero concern about peds being the reason for his success. now fading for lack of innings pitched is something to look at.

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

He’s obviously a lock for rotation correct?

luzardo and puk also nice

Yeah.  A's will be starting Fiers, Manaea, Montas, Luzardo, and Bassitt.  Montas could have the best season of the bunch, especially given that Luzardo will be on an IP limit.

EDIT: Just saw that Puk will head into the season as a starter too, though he'll also be on an IP limit.  6-man rotation?

Edited by En Votto Veritas
  • 1 month later...
On 1/16/2020 at 2:34 PM, Big League Choo said:

I am very curious go see people's take on him. Have some tough decisions to make and the PEDs make it hard to tell if he broke through or not

The PED he got hit for (Ostarine) is more used for recovery and has been shown to have a positive effect on ligament health.

As someone who has dabbled in SARMs, which Ostarine is considered, I have mostly only seen strength gains and recovery time improvement. His underlying skill shouldn't have been affected. Maybe he's at a greater risk for injury, but I wouldn't rate it any higher than any other SP. Love him at the price.

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...

Stuff was electric tonight, just lost a little command. Umpire was also refusing to call a low strike. ESPN had the strike box and the umpire missed several pitches.

Probably wasn't going deep so this isn't the worst start for Opening Day.

• Like 1

Absolutely electric stuff. All three of his pitches are nasty. 

He was battling his command a bit on the arm side but really the umpire didn't do him any favors either.

Excited to see how this season plays out for him. Few pitchers in the league have his upside.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, 80version said:

On the wild side tonight but highly effective. I wish I’d put this guy higher on my draft board (no shares). Frankie is legit. 

Started him last night, pleased with his performance, the walks were a small concern, but he's a strike out pitcher,

9 last night, with a ton more to come. Must start going forward, just in case there was any doubt about that, even

with his next outing against the ASSTROS. 

4 hours ago, Topgun said:

Started him last night, pleased with his performance, the walks were a small concern, but he's a strike out pitcher,

9 last night, with a ton more to come. Must start going forward, just in case there was any doubt about that, even

with his next outing against the ASSTROS. 

Really settled down after his offense gave him the lead. Nasty stuff. That split/change he added last year is crazy.

• 2 weeks later...