NBC Sports Edge Forums

Odell Beckham 2020 Outlook

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Son, just point to where on the doll that OBJ touched you.

Yes, there's a very decent chance you're right that Odell was a good player to fade, and I think a decent number of people do/would agree with you, but your issue is you come across as an arrogant pri

@PisEdiRin Hey man we cooked up something for ya have a seat.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

You OBJ drafters violated not 1 but 2 Fantasy Football rules

1) Don't fall for Name value.

2) Don't chase points from previous years

This is some nonsense. If you don’t chase points from last year and don’t look at name value, then mcCaffrey would go like 12th in a draft. What are you drafting on then, practice reports lol?

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
Just now, Jrt80 said:

This is some nonsense. If you don’t chase points from last year and don’t look at name value, then mcCaffrey would go like 12th in a draft. What are you drafting on then, practice reports lol?

You still don't get it.

Do we need the rest of the 2020 season to play out?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jrt80 said:

You're absolutely right.

I believe the real rule is, don't chase points from 4 years ago.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PisEdiRin said:

You still don't get it.

How bout more than one week into a season? And against a tough secondary? Yo you the type of guy who buy Super Bowl tickets after your team is 1-0

35 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Exactly.

Now, he has 0 trade value.

You could have traded OBJ straight up for Calvin Ridley just a few days ago.

Now? You're stuck with him.

Should have listened.

I wouldn't go that far. People are still willing to trade for him

54 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

You still don't get it.

Yes.

Thats kind of how it works. Most normal people don’t come in banging their chest after 6% of the season. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Yes.

Thats kind of how it works. Most normal people don’t come in banging their chest after 6% of the season. 

33rd in Average Points Per Game last year across 16 games

Another stinker, now across 17 games, with his new team and QB

How much longer are you going to be suckered? 

My Goodness.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PisEdiRin said:

You OBJ drafters violated not 1 but 2 Fantasy Football rules

1) Don't fall for Name value.

2) Don't chase points from previous years

I do regret taking him over Thielen now. However, I would add that you forgot about another Fantasy Football rule:

1) Don't overreact to one game. 

• Like 1

If not for his name, this guy is probably a fringe hold in a 10 team league. Maybe I’m wrong but he looks like the number two passing option on a run first team, not to mention they have struggled for quite some time. Landry was the way better get.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

If not for his name, this guy is probably a fringe hold in a 10 team league. Maybe I’m wrong but he looks like the number two passing option on a run first team, not to mention they have struggled for quite some time. Landry was the way better get.

Might want to check the targets before deciding that he is the #2 option.  Bad game, but it is just 1 week

5 minutes ago, Sudz said:

Without seeing any of the game, how much was he opposite Humphrey? Wont be the first or last name receiver to taste a similar fate.

He drew some big PI penalties and Baker did him no favors. Humphrey is obviously legit and a terrible matchup for any WR going forward this season.

7 minutes ago, Sudz said:

Without seeing any of the game, how much was he opposite Humphrey? Wont be the first or last name receiver to taste a similar fate.

I'd be more willing to apply the "good CB excuse" to Odell, if he didn't have multiple games like this last year.  

The reality is OBJ should now be considered a boom/bust WR2/WR3.  His floor is very low.  

This is a middling offense, with bad QB and O-line play, and bad play-calling.  Despite this, there are a lot of competing play-makers (Chubb, Hunt, OBJ, Landry, Njoku). 

A bad to average offense can't feed this many mouths consistently.  It was an issue last year and will remain an issue this year.  

Separately, if the situation wasn't bad enough, OBJ is still being (over)-valued on name recognition/historical play.  The guy has a lost a step, likely due to his nagging hip injury that has lingered for years.  

Edited by Rainyy
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, vercrazy said:

Yes, there's a very decent chance you're right that Odell was a good player to fade, and I think a decent number of people do/would agree with you, but your issue is you come across as an arrogant prick by telling everyone that they're an idiot and need to apologize to you for having a differing opinion.

I'm not saying you can't defend your position, but you're also the same guy who said Le'Veon Bell was one of the best RB ADP steals of 2020, and also said Aaron Rodgers was garbage and incapable of putting up good numbers with McCarthy gone, so I'm simply suggesting you do it with a tad more humility.

Bell got injured against a great D. Too soon to judge. Rodgers performance did surprise me.

• Haha 1

You lose 38-6 when you lead in time of possession. When you got multiple RBs average 5+ ypc on 10 or more carries each. When your #2 receiver catches 5 out of 6 balls. 

Something is absolutely wrong with either OBJ or Baker. Or both.