NBC Sports Edge Forums

Odell Beckham 2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

You have to ride with him tonight.

Agreed. If you have him and you're not in a six team league then you need to throw him in there. If he bombs again then he can be dead to you. 

💩✌️🚬

• Like 1
  • Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Son, just point to where on the doll that OBJ touched you.

Yes, there's a very decent chance you're right that Odell was a good player to fade, and I think a decent number of people do/would agree with you, but your issue is you come across as an arrogant pri

@PisEdiRin Hey man we cooked up something for ya have a seat.

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

All I’m saying is that this team was broken last year, and many of us expected (or at least hoped) this team would make a jump this year considering the Oline and coaching improvements. Now, after one week against possibly the best defense in the league, everyone is saying this is a disaster and this is just an extension of last season. I don’t think that’s the case. I think Mayfield and the Browns are going to surprise people this year. I would be buying low on OBJ if I didn’t own him. 

You are what you repeatedly do. As of this moment, Baker is inconsistent and inaccurate. 180 turnarounds are rare, but sure, it could happen. I just don't think this guy turns into Brett Favre 2.0. I don't know what Baker's path to success even looks like. He could possibly be a play action reliant game manager? That doesn't bode well for OBJ. 

We were sold on Baker being a gunslinging touchdown chaser....I don't see that happening. I would say the ceiling this year is another 1000/6. 

14 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

OBJ is primed to go off tonight. Because it makes absolutely no sense for it to happen.

Mayfield's game is like a cow patti on a hot summer day. This causes me to doubt your "God hates me" fantasy strategy, which I'll admit I've prescribed to myself some years.

Bengals DTs Geno Atkins (shoulder) and Mike Daniels (groin) are out for Week 2 against the Browns.

Chargers RBs put up 33/148 last week against this defense.  Chubb and Hunt will have a field day.   Hopefully Beckham will get some red zone TD opportunities.

44 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Are you guys starting him tonight? 

Not trying to go AC. Are you willing to pocket 4-5 points tonight? 

I'm starting him.  The game starts in about 3 mins so I doubt this will help you.  We'll see what happens!

On 9/15/2020 at 4:58 PM, PisEdiRin said:

A healthy Will Fuller is a better WR than a healthy OBJ.

If Fuller played with OBJ, Fuller would be the clear #1 , OBJ the #2.

Right now, Jarvis Landry is the #1 WR of the Browns.

OBJ is the clear cut #2 receiver to Jarvis Landry right now. What the hell are u talking about?

What do you have to say for yourself??

Something tells me I shouldnt have listened to all the week 1 "he's-lost-a-steppers". Now we get to play the "we will stay quiet until he has another down game" game. Games provide context. Three to four games is the bare minimum to make a decision on a guy like OBJ. Especially considering the many factors that contributed to his season in 2019. This generation is so impatient. If a player hasn't produced in the first minute of the first quarter of the first game, he's a bust. (This despite having no preseason, little contact, and playing against a tough defense). Before the haters pounce on me, I'M NOT SAYING HE'S BACK. I'm saying give it a few weeks before you begin poisoning the minds of the blind followers in here. For many, looking stupid is just the cost of business to be the first person to say "I told you so!"

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Like 1

That was a nice rebound, even if it could have been an even bigger day if not for the hold on what could have been another long TD, plus the game script calling for running the clock.

It was also good to see him get a couple of shorter throws as well, and the body language seemed to be pretty good overall (was probably in high spirits from the early TD).

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

The first of many good games for OBJ and this offense. A tiny hold away from a big 2 TD day. 

Yup.  If he hadn't been held, he would have gotten that TD.  To make it worse, it was a freaking non-call 🤯

Also, 4 catches on 6 targets may sound a bit so-so, but the 6 targets equates to a 26% target share on a night in which Mayfield only had to attempt 23 passes.

I bet the attempts may be higher in all but ~3 games remaining on the schedule: next week vs. WAS, week 7 @CIN, and week 16 @NYJ. Next week is a bit of an unknown though, as CLE may find it difficult to move the chains on the ground against WAS's front seven, and attacking their softer secondary seems like the smarter game plan (though there may be little time for Baker to throw against a pretty nasty pass rush).

Edited by Vendetta
7 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Something tells me I shouldnt have listened to all the week 1 "he's-lost-a-steppers". Now we get to play the "we will stay quiet until he has another down game" game. Games provide context. Three to four games is the bare minimum to make a decision on a guy like OBJ. Especially considering the many factors that contributed to his season in 2019. This generation is so impatient. If a player hasn't produced in the first minute of the first quarter of the first game, he's a bust. (This despite having no preseason, little contact, and playing against a tough defense). Before the haters pounce on me, I'M NOT SAYING HE'S BACK. I'm saying give it a few weeks before you begin poisoning the minds of the blind followers in here. For many, looking stupid is just the cost of business to be the first person to say "I told you so!"

I’ve been doing my best to combat the mind poisoners in here. OBJ hasn’t lost a step. Baker isn’t THAT bad. Top 10 Oline. Targets should be there. Schedule is relatively nice. A lot to like about his ROS outlook. 

28 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

I’ve been doing my best to combat the mind poisoners in here. OBJ hasn’t lost a step. Baker isn’t THAT bad. Top 10 Oline. Targets should be there. Schedule is relatively nice. A lot to like about his ROS outlook. 

going to be boom bust all year. As a dynasty owner unfortunately I’ve accepted this for years. Run first, lots of weapons. For some reason these browns show up big time on tnf- not sure if it’s the short week for a defense or they like to play when the spotlight is on them. They shocked Pittsburgh last year too

9 hours ago, dms80790 said:

What do you have to say for yourself??

Home game on a short week on TNF against the pathetic woeful Bengals. 

This was OBJ's #1 softest matchup of the entire season. (much like Juju's Week 1 matchup vs woeful NYG was his #1 softest matchup of the season). The right move is to Sell High on both guys before their value completely evaporates.

He had 4 catches for 74 yards and 1 TD. 17.4 PPR points. Decent game, not great. About what you'd expect from a Low-End WR3 on his very best day.

Look at the blow-up games that both Chubb and Hunt had against this awful defense. 

Man, have the expectations fallen for this dude. You drafted him as your WR1 and you're breathing a sigh of relief because he scored 17 points against the Bengals on a day where the Bengals offered 0 resistance to the Browns entire offense.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Home game on a short week on TNF against the pathetic woeful Bengals. 

This was OBJ's #1 softest matchup of the entire season. (much like Juju's Week 1 matchup vs woeful NYG was his #1 softest matchup of the season). The right move is to Sell High on both guys before their value completely evaporates.

He should have had 5 catches, 100 yards and 2 TDs. The only reason he didn't was because a blatantly obvious hold that the officials didn't call. After seeing that game this is not the sell high moment. Next week is another great opportunity for him. He's a hold for me personally.

• Like 1