NBC Sports Edge Forums

Odell Beckham 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, mjb said:

I think if you own him, it’s a good time to deal. Browns want to pound the rock. But if you own him, you play him. WR2 ROS id say. 

I agree! This will typically be a ground and pound with play action passes. OBJ should benefit from excellent deep targets when the run game is effective (should be often). The volume won’t be there and I am in a ppr league. 

Honestly, I thought OBJ looked good but not great. He does appear to have lost a step to me. He was one on one a lot and he wasn’t exactly blowing his defender away. I believe he is a wr2/wr3 on this team. I will look to try and trade for value but if I can’t, I will hold, continue to play him and hope for the best🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Son, just point to where on the doll that OBJ touched you.

Yes, there's a very decent chance you're right that Odell was a good player to fade, and I think a decent number of people do/would agree with you, but your issue is you come across as an arrogant pri

@PisEdiRin Hey man we cooked up something for ya have a seat.

Posted Images

He only received 6 targets, but they were the money targets. Obviously the 40+ yard TD. Then barely missed out on the 36 yard TD due to the holding. His other target which he did not catch was a RZ target from like the 5 yard line. So 50% of his targets had TD potential. Mix in a few crossing routes each week that we know he can take to the house at any point, and his role looks promising. This is Stefanski’s scheme. Pound the run game and then take shots downfield to the playmakers.

2 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

You drafted him as your WR1 and you're breathing a sigh of relief because he scored 17 points against the Bengals on a day where the Bengals offered 0 resistance to the Browns entire offense.

He scored 17 points in a game where they took their foot off the pedal before halftime. 

See...anyone can paint a narrative. He routinely smoked his assignment, and should've had another TD. 

Odell is still the same talent-- and when Baker isn't a dumpster fire-- he will produce. 

Your negativity is strange and probably deeply seeded in self-hatred. See someone about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, MKO3090 said:

That's the problem. He was never a WR1. Expectations should have been WR2. About what Diggs produced last season. WR21 in 1/2 PPR (Diggs). So far their stats are identical. 

His ADP was too high for what transpired the last couple seasons with him. 

That said, I have him in dynasty and so my heart will go on... 

titanic-explosions-michael-bay-boom-sink

5 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Man, have the expectations fallen for this dude. You drafted him as your WR1 and you're breathing a sigh of relief because he scored 17 points against the Bengals on a day where the Bengals offered 0 resistance to the Browns entire offense.

You're calling this out yet proclaimed he's a WR3/certified bum after a bad opening game against a great defense in the Ravens?

• Like 2

Odell should've really had 3 TDs in the first half.

1) He had his man beat going for the corner. For some reason Baker didn't throw it because of the safety who was very late rotating.

2) The one he got

3) The one he beat his man forcing him to commit blatant PI that was missed

In the second half they threw the ball 9 times. It's dishonest to say "why didn't he do more against a bad team" when the reason he didn't do more against the bad team was because it was over early in the 3rd. They were up 28-13 early in the 3rd and after that they went to an extremely conservative offense. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

He scored 17 points in a game where they took their foot off the pedal before halftime. 

See...anyone can paint a narrative. He routinely smoked his assignment, and should've had another TD. 

Odell is still the same talent-- and when Baker isn't a dumpster fire-- he will produce. 

Your negativity is strange and probably deeply seeded in self-hatred. See someone about it.

No negativity and no hate - just a dose of reality for the delusional OBJ Cult Members. 

The Bengals weren't even shading a Safety to OBJ because they do not respect him at all. They were leaving him 1on1 all day long.

Your Low-End WR3 will not outscore John Brown in 2020. John Brown was drafted 7 rounds later than OBJ. OBJ remains a horrible Value Pick.

It would appear many algorithms are set to full on "negative I hate OBJ narrative". Close your personalized feeds and dial it back to "objective analysis". This way, you don't miss real opportunities for truth and ultimately fantasy points. Allow the facts to settle. Not just the facts you choose to accept. This coming from an owner with tempered expectations. 

• Like 1
On 9/18/2020 at 3:10 PM, PisEdiRin said:

No negativity and no hate - just a dose of reality for the delusional OBJ Cult Members. 

The Bengals weren't even shading a Safety to OBJ because they do not respect him at all. They were leaving him 1on1 all day long.

Your Low-End WR3 will not outscore John Brown in 2020. John Brown was drafted 7 rounds later than OBJ. OBJ remains a horrible Value Pick.

id be supremely shocked if John brown outperforms Odell. Diggs? Maybe but still unlikely. I’m assuming you’ll think John brown will have a better year than diggs as well cuss odds are there just isn’t enough passing game work in buffalo for both diggs and brown to finish better than Odell.

josh Allen just had his first ever 300 yard passing game and it only took 2 whole years and the worst defense in the league to happen. He just barely eclipsed 3000 passing yards last year and even if he takes a healthy leap to 3500 or 3600 yards There isn’t enough to go around with diggs, brown, and Beasley for both diggs and John brown to do better than Odell who will, if heathy, have 1000 yards. 

On 8/31/2020 at 3:49 PM, furbz420 said:

Instead of just making claims, how about actually substantiating one, backing one up. Please explain how Odell's production was "fake", "manufactured", and a "ponzi scheme".

Edit: tell me how these were "fake" ? 

Oh look, he did it again last year on a new team, still fake though?

All those defenses he outran must have been in on the ponzi scheme too. 

There are 77 reasons why OBJ was manufactured video game numbers in NY.

Edited by PisEdiRin
On 8/31/2020 at 5:06 PM, Illusion_J said:

Calling Baker garbage seems like a bit too much recency bias.  Yes he had a terrible year last year, but let's not forget he set the rookie TD pass record in less than a full season, he's not garbage.  Looks like he's kept his mouth shut and focused on getting himself in better shape and mastering the playbook this offseason; I like him to bounce back.  Not to mention he had a coach that was in way over his head.

I don't think he's going to hurt Odell's numbers any more than a nearing retirement Eli Manning.  Baker can do for Odell what Kurt Cousins did for Diggs last year.  With Beckham's talent (not like Diggs is a slouch anyways), that should be WR1 numbers; Beckham is fine around where his ADP is.

Or, you know, don't draft him like that Pis guy, because.

What Kirk Cousins did for Diggs last year?

As in, completely singlehandedly hold Diggs back by refusing to take any chances with the ball?

Do u see what Diggs is doing now that he doesn't have Cousins?

On 9/19/2020 at 7:23 PM, Stonej14 said:

id be supremely shocked if John brown outperforms Odell. Diggs? Maybe but still unlikely. I’m assuming you’ll think John brown will have a better year than diggs as well cuss odds are there just isn’t enough passing game work in buffalo for both diggs and brown to finish better than Odell.

josh Allen just had his first ever 300 yard passing game and it only took 2 whole years and the worst defense in the league to happen. He just barely eclipsed 3000 passing yards last year and even if he takes a healthy leap to 3500 or 3600 yards There isn’t enough to go around with diggs, brown, and Beasley for both diggs and John brown to do better than Odell who will, if heathy, have 1000 yards. 

The Bills are a Pass-First Offense in 2020. The Bills signed Diggs so Allen can now sling the football all over the yard. You are living in the past.

3 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

What Kirk Cousins did for Diggs last year?

As in, completely singlehandedly hold Diggs back by refusing to take any chances with the ball?

Do u see what Diggs is doing now that he doesn't have Cousins?

Digging up posts from a month ago just looking for an argument eh?  

Okay I'll bite.  Diggs had 46 more targets than any other receiver on the Vikings last year, the point is he was the only relevant receiver in that offense.  Beckham is going to play the same role as Diggs in this offense.  Nobody here is predicting Beckham is going to go out and match the numbers from his best season.  But even with limited volume within the offense, he's in a spot where he's going to absorb a lot of it still, and therefore has a chance to match or outperform his ADP.

Not sure what Diggs this year has to do with Beckham.  But maybe let's wait until the Bills play a team that's going to win more than 5 games this year before anointing them.  Remember when Rex Grossman was an MVP candidate 4 weeks into the year?  

As far as I'm concerned, Diggs is just getting ponzi scheme points against these crappy teams 🤫

Edited by Illusion_J

I really hope he gets traded. Its a waste of money to have him on the Browns because whether it be he's unable to produce in their system or they're unable to fully utilize him in their system, it still leads to the same outcome. Best case scenario he gets moved to a team like Green Bay or Houston.

This man just told the media he's come to terms with the fact he's not going to produce big numbers in this offense. Just threw any name value he had left out the window. Disastrous if you went RB heavy in the first rounds and this dude was sitting there in round 4 waiting to be grabbed. Extra disastrous if the first RB you drafted was Joe Mixon.

• Like 1