NBC Sports Edge Forums

Odell Beckham 2020 Outlook

27 minutes ago, YK35 said:

This man just told the media he's come to terms with the fact he's not going to produce big numbers in this offense. Just threw any name value he had left out the window. Disastrous if you went RB heavy in the first rounds and this dude was sitting there in round 4 waiting to be grabbed. Extra disastrous if the first RB you drafted was Joe Mixon.

Meh. I equate this to me saying “Damn I haven’t golfed in forever” to my playing partners on the first tee box. I’ll say it no matter how confident I’m feeling in my game. A nice little built in excuse for if I shank my first shot. This is OBJ’s excuse for any subpar future performances. This way he’s done the criticism for the critics, subtly pointed out that his talent isn’t the issue, and sets expectations low so that moving forward he’s either exceeding them or excused. 

OBJ is going to be great this year. 

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Son, just point to where on the doll that OBJ touched you.

Yes, there's a very decent chance you're right that Odell was a good player to fade, and I think a decent number of people do/would agree with you, but your issue is you come across as an arrogant pri

@PisEdiRin Hey man we cooked up something for ya have a seat.

Posted Images

Those comments he made was just a very mature intelligent opinion. He recognizes that they have two stud RBs and a line that seems to do a good job opening holes for them. 

What I think he realizes is that he now needs to be opportunistic. He's not going to get a ton of volume to make plays. He needs to be laser focused to seize each opportunity. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Those comments he made was just a very mature intelligent opinion. He recognizes that they have two stud RBs and a line that seems to do a good job opening holes for them. 

What I think he realizes is that he now needs to be opportunistic. He's not going to get a ton of volume to make plays. He needs to be laser focused to seize each opportunity. 

I think he needs to be traded and I would not be shocked if he were lobbying to be traded. They're not beating the Chiefs with Mayfield at the helm and we think OBJ is just gonna stand helpless in the shadows? Doubt this lasts. On the other hand the Browns will likely trade him no matter what he thinks because it makes sense for them if they can get good picks.

7 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I think he needs to be traded and I would not be shocked if he were lobbying to be traded. They're not beating the Chiefs with Mayfield at the helm and we think OBJ is just gonna stand helpless in the shadows? Doubt this lasts. On the other hand the Browns will likely trade him no matter what he thinks because it makes sense for them if they can get good picks.

Maybe just for one time he's taking a different approach - not being a D-bag. He "talked" his way out of NY and where did that get him. Maybe for just one time he's deciding to be a team player and take what game situations give him. These are things that Larry Fitzgerald and Julio Jones and AJ Green have done their entire careers. It would be really nice to add to that list, rather than hear more entitled yapping from diva WRs.

• Like 1

Besides the 💩 thing he's been very quiet this whole year, and seemingly matured quite a bit.   Can't really knock the guy.  I feel like he is going to have bigger games ahead once this offense jives more,

2020 OBJ = 2019 OBJ

You drafted the same guy from last year, at ADP 30. A classic WR3. He is what he is; we have a 19 game sample size now. 

I have no idea why anyone would think that 2020 OBJ would be any different than 2019 OBJ. It never made one lick of sense. 

18 minutes ago, fantasyscholar said:

Browns are first and foremost a rush centric offense. Chubb and Hunt are the guys to own. Sad the once great OBJ has been reduced to the likes of a low end WR2

I drafted him as a wr2! He is more like a wr4🤷🏻‍♂️

30 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

2020 OBJ = 2019 OBJ

You drafted the same guy from last year, at ADP 30. A classic WR3. He is what he is; we have a 19 game sample size now. 

I have no idea why anyone would think that 2020 OBJ would be any different than 2019 OBJ. It never made one lick of sense. 

Why are you missing in the JuJu thread? Allen Robinson?

Keep the same energy dude. Can't talk big and then only show up where you hit a shot in the dark. Nice to see you still around though. I lost count of how much people come in here talking like they are sent by the fantasy gods only to dissapear when their "100% sure fire never wrong" predictions backfire.

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Walter330i said:

This dude has a trash QB so he can't produce. Im looking to shop him around my league, but not sure what I could get in return that would be worth it. I think his name alone will help me swing a deal. RIP to OBJ top 5 in the league glory days. 

He can't even produce a breakout game to grease the wheels.

13 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

He can't even produce a breakout game to grease the wheels.

Yeah unfortunately for us he is what he is at this point, and baker is doing us no favors. I think what I'll do is trade for a reciever once he has a blow up game. He is a WR3 consistently, but can get you the WR2 numbers here and there. He wont win you any weeks though! I am just trying to identify a good buy low target so I can throw some offers out there. 

50 minutes ago, Walter330i said:

Yeah unfortunately for us he is what he is at this point, and baker is doing us no favors. I think what I'll do is trade for a reciever once he has a blow up game. He is a WR3 consistently, but can get you the WR2 numbers here and there. He wont win you any weeks though! I am just trying to identify a good buy low target so I can throw some offers out there. 

Not a WR, but Gurley possibly?

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Why are you missing in the JuJu thread? Allen Robinson?

Keep the same energy dude. Can't talk big and then only show up where you hit a shot in the dark. Nice to see you still around though. I lost count of how much people come in here talking like they are sent by the fantasy gods only to dissapear when their "100% sure fire never wrong" predictions backfire.

69 yards

48 yards

43 yards

Juju has yet to break 70 yards receiving in a game.

He is saved by 3 TDs in 3 games.