NBC Sports Edge Forums

Odell Beckham 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

He did not have a game like this lol

Yeah he did, because I remember losing that week because of it. It wasn't quite as many points because of the TDs, but it was pretty close depending on the scoring structure of the league.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Son, just point to where on the doll that OBJ touched you.

Yes, there's a very decent chance you're right that Odell was a good player to fade, and I think a decent number of people do/would agree with you, but your issue is you come across as an arrogant pri

@PisEdiRin Hey man we cooked up something for ya have a seat.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah he did, because I remember losing that week because of it. It wasn't quite as many points because of the TDs, but it was pretty close depending on the scoring structure of the league.

Yup, It was like 35 points in PPR very similar, even with some gadget plays and all

16 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

13 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

Yup, It was like 35 points in PPR very similar, even with some gadget plays and all

He was 6 for 161 and 1 against the Jets. He housed a 70ish yard slant. 28 points in PPR. He had 38 in normal PPR scoring no bonuses yesterday.  So I guess yes he did have a big game last year, but this one was pushing 40. 

Edited by Ryansm11
Edit forgot a word
12 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

He was 6 for 161 and 1 against the Jets. He housed a 70ish yard slant. 28 points in PPR. He had 38 in normal PPR scoring no bonuses yesterday.  So I guess yes he did have a big game last year, but this one was pushing 40. 

Ya you’re right my league has scoring bonus for 100 yards and 40+ yard receptions so that game felt bigger than it was. But still a big game is a big game, I still say sell 

Edited by cheezor42
3 hours ago, Vendetta said:

I won't argue that his value may be at its highest right now, but I also like his outlook more now that Chubb is out for 3-6 weeks...

^This. Debating on selling high now or just rolling with him. The real question is, if you do sell, exactly which range are you looking at? Like would you get a WR1 for him straight up or package him or what. Odell isn't trash, he's the WR1 on his team and Odell managed his performance even with the Browns running for 200 something yards. They'll have to throw the ball more now and he's most likely to be on the receiving end.

Sell High.

Look, OBJ is THIS good.  The issue is, was, and always has been, Baked Mayfield, never OBJ.  The ONLY reason OBJ was able to excel this weekend, was because they removed the hurdle, of Baker Mayfield.  Landry threw the TD, Baker handed it off to OBJ... they got him the ball by any means necessarily WITHOUT involving Baker.

You can not count on that every week.  I would sell high.

You saw what OBJ can do with the ball in his hands.  The doubt, the fear, the concerns, were never about what OBJ can do... it was always about whether or not Baker can reliably get the ball to him.  Yesterday did not change my opinion in the least, about the fact that Baker is the problem, it actually reinforced it.  Yesterday is what OBJ could do, if Baker wasn't in his way every week.

I own zero shares, because I am a well documented Baker hater.  I would sell if at all possible, without taking a loss.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Sell High.

Look, OBJ is THIS good.  The issue is, was, and always has been, Baked Mayfield, never OBJ.  The ONLY reason OBJ was able to excel this weekend, was because they removed the hurdle, of Baker Mayfield.  Landry threw the TD, Baker handed it off to OBJ... they got him the ball by any means necessarily WITHOUT involving Baker.

You saw what OBJ can do with the ball in his hands.  The doubt, the fear, the concerns, were never about what OBJ can do... it was always about whether or not Baker can reliably get the ball to him.  Yesterday did not change my opinion in the least, about the fact that Baker is the problem, it actually reinforced it.  Yesterday is what OBJ could do, if Baker wasn't in his way every week.

I own zero shares, because I am a well documented Baker hater.  I would sell if at all possible, without taking a loss.

Smart owners don’t want him. Baker is no HOF QB like Eli.

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Sell High.

You're 100% correct, Odell is still by pure talent one of the top WRs in the league, the problem is Mayfield can't typically take advantage of it.

1 hour ago, Nappyroots said:

^This. Debating on selling high now or just rolling with him. The real question is, if you do sell, exactly which range are you looking at? Like would you get a WR1 for him straight up or package him or what. Odell isn't trash, he's the WR1 on his team and Odell managed his performance even with the Browns running for 200 something yards. They'll have to throw the ball more now and he's most likely to be on the receiving end.

And here's the rub of it, what do you sell him high for? His upside is just as high as any WR in the league, but you're not going to get a Michael Thomas or Devante Adams for him 1:1, so it's hard to figure out what you "sell high" for.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, vercrazy said:

You're 100% correct, Odell is still by pure talent one of the top WRs in the league, the problem is Mayfield can't typically take advantage of it.

And here's the rub of it, what do you sell him high for? His upside is just as high as any WR in the league, but you're not going to get a Michael Thomas or Devante Adams for him 1:1, so it's hard to figure out what you "sell high" for.

Obviously a straight up trade for players of same position is irrational.  But if you need an rb and other team needs a wr then its achievable.  

2 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

Obviously a straight up trade for players of same position is irrational.  But if you need an rb and other team needs a wr then its achievable.  

This, or you bundle him with an RB2/WR2 type for a reliable starter upgrade.

13 hours ago, joshua18 said:

That statement is laughable...appropriate emoji.

If the board is still here in 4 years, why don't we make a forum bet then?  Eli won't be a first ballot HoF'er.  Loser leaves forum for a year.  

18 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I wanna believe the browns are going to use him properly moving forward, but he scored on a 50 yard end around and a WR pass for a touchdown. Definitely not sustainable in that sense. 

Nailed it. It should be a stark reminder to the coaching staff that this is what he's capable of if you just give him opportunity.  There's no reason they shouldn't be giving him plenty every game.  And unlike others, I don't think is going to be his only big game of the year.  As long as Chubb is out, I think his value soars.

"Hello, yes....one 'Sell-high', please?"

Just go up to your league members and ask for one...I'm sure they'll give you Nuk or Davante Adams.

You ride this crazy train, because you got him in the 3rd round, and he has all the talent on the planet to produce top 5 numbers. He already won you a week(most likely) let that WR2 you drafted him as produce WR1 every few weeks.

I swear I see SELL HIGH in nearly every thread in this forum. If I followed the advice of every SELL HIGH Truther, I would be left with only a kicker and a team defense. Is any player worth keeping? Trade OBJ for a hobbled Julio Jones and his 3 touchdowns per year? In case you haven't noticed, the Browns are actually 3-1. They are winning games. Now that the preseason is over, Baker and OBJ are better poised to connect with improved chemistry and trust. I think the arrow is pointing up and I will not be listening to the same people who told me Justin Jefferson would be the top drop after week 4 and that James Robinson should be looking over his shoulder once the other two JAGs are healthy again. I was also told to hold Brandin Cooks, so I could sell high. [...]

6 hours ago, kdko said:

If the board is still here in 4 years, why don't we make a forum bet then?  Eli won't be a first ballot HoF'er.  Loser leaves forum for a year.  

I said HOF, not first ballot. 50/50 chance he gets in first ballot. 100% chance Eli makes the HOF.