NBC Sports Edge Forums

Odell Beckham 2020 Outlook

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Son, just point to where on the doll that OBJ touched you.

Yes, there's a very decent chance you're right that Odell was a good player to fade, and I think a decent number of people do/would agree with you, but your issue is you come across as an arrogant pri

@PisEdiRin Hey man we cooked up something for ya have a seat.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, sSektor said:

How concerned are we about Baker getting sacked a million times and not having enough time in the pocket to hit Odell on deep routes?

Iggles have an horrendous o-line. 

Fulgham lit them Stillers up. 

Wentz is better than Baker. 

... seems like 2 outta 3 in OBJ's favor here. 

3 hours ago, sSektor said:

How concerned are we about Baker getting sacked a million times and not having enough time in the pocket to hit Odell on deep routes?

2 hours ago, Tenner said:

OBJ will get doubled all game. They will not let the Browns beat them with OBJ. 

Im staying away this week. 

See, I think both things are true, and yet there's still the chance that they fall behind and start forcing it to OBJ. If I wasn't a Browns fan I wouldn't care too much about whether Baker gets 5 interceptions as long as OBJ gets the two big receptions that I expect.

I'm actually more worried that Baker and/or OBJ get taken out by somebody.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Let’s go, my Steelers been getting cooked. Hopefully he lines up on Steve Nelson’s side. He’s been letting WR’s eat. 

According to this, Beckham lines up 50% on the offense's right and 40% on the left.  Nelson lines up 100% on the offense's left.

https://g.espncdn.com/s/ffldraftkit/20/NFLDK2020_CS_WRCBchartWeek3DK.pdf?addata=2020=WRCB_chtsht_week3DK_xxx

Steelers had 277 total yards of offense. They had 6 penalties. 

And they beat the pulp out of Cleveland 38-7. 

OBJ had just 4 targets. On 56 total plays. Only 4 times did they think to involve their best offensive player. 

Next week is Cincinnati. That should be a much better stat line. 

3 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Steelers had 277 total yards of offense. They had 6 penalties. 

And they beat the pulp out of Cleveland 38-7. 

OBJ had just 4 targets. On 56 total plays. Only 4 times did they think to involve their best offensive player. 

Next week is Cincinnati. That should be a much better stat line. 

We basically can't start OBJ against good defenses.  I agree next week should be fine. 

I've seen 0 of the Brown this year and maybe two games last year.  I saw him a lot more in NY.  Is he not getting open, or not getting fed?  Boxscore watching I saw Pitt get up big and figured here comes the garbage time fantasy points and it ......never happened.

14 minutes ago, Sternes said:

I've seen 0 of the Brown this year and maybe two games last year.  I saw him a lot more in NY.  Is he not getting open, or not getting fed?  Boxscore watching I saw Pitt get up big and figured here comes the garbage time fantasy points and it ......never happened.

He’s never been the same without Eli. It’s obvious.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Sternes said:

We demolished there entire team. Baker got benched in the 3rd. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Sternes said:

I haven't really watched him either, but the general consensus is that the problem is Baker.  From what others have said and what I remember from Rotoworld blurbs, OBJ is getting open, and should probably have had at least 3-4 more TDs so far if Baker was willing to throw to him or could throw it accurately.

• Thanks 1

Odell's fault or not, this man is a low end WR2 with zero floor and the occasional blowup game which will be hard to project. In the meantime he might burn you 5 times because getting him out of your lineup feels like the wrong thing to do. Might even be WR3 territory currently.

Edited by YK35

This is the big problem with Odell in this offense and why you should try to trade him for anything you can get. His entire performance hinges on like 1-2 plays a game now. If he misses those 2 plays his floor is low low. Additionally, this guy disappears in the 2nd half. Even when his team is down big, positive game script doesn’t help him. 

I’d rather have a guy like John brown consistently get me 8-12 pts every week than this volatile MF. I’d probably trade him for a good defense if I could.

Edited by Jrt80
4 hours ago, OdellBaconJr said:

give this guy an actual QB lol 

He had one and ungratefully trashed him publicly.  

This is what most NFL WRs deal with when not gifted a 2 time SB MVP targeting them 10 times per game.

• Like 1

Just picked this dude up in a trade thinking that if they switch over to Keenum he actually might be able to get the ball to him. Maybe it’s wishful thinking but I think the squeaky wheel gets the grease this weekend. Great matchup against the Bengals too.