NBC Sports Edge Forums

Odell Beckham 2020 Outlook

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Son, just point to where on the doll that OBJ touched you.

Yes, there's a very decent chance you're right that Odell was a good player to fade, and I think a decent number of people do/would agree with you, but your issue is you come across as an arrogant pri

@PisEdiRin Hey man we cooked up something for ya have a seat.

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Boozted said:

Just picked this dude up in a trade thinking that if they switch over to Keenum he actually might be able to get the ball to him. Maybe it’s wishful thinking but I think the squeaky wheel gets the grease this weekend. Great matchup against the Bengals too. 

Keenum looked exactly the same as Baker last week when he came in. It was frustrating to watch. 

1 minute ago, codyodea said:

Keenum looked exactly the same as Baker last week when he came in. It was frustrating to watch. 

I didn’t watch the game so I don’t know but coming in cold in the middle of the game when you haven’t practiced with the ones usually isn’t ideal. Super talented dudes may be able to make it work but Keenum is not that.

That being said maybe with a week of preparation he can be solid against a bad defense. Plus I think Stephanski was his OC when he was doing well in Minnesota a few years back.(not 100% sure about that one so maybe someone can fact check me)

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm still not super-concerned. I guess it depends what your expectations are. He's the clear #1, has the potential for a really big game most weeks, and their schedule opens up a bit now. Baker is something of a liability, but can still find the big plays from time to time. It's just that when they're up against a tough defense Baker falls to pieces.

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah, I'm still not super-concerned. I guess it depends what your expectations are. He's the clear #1, has the potential for a really big game most weeks, and their schedule opens up a bit now. Baker is something of a liability, but can still find the big plays from time to time. It's just that when they're up against a tough defense Baker falls to pieces.

Yea it’s looking like OBJ is unstartable against top defenses (because of Baker). Should be fine in easier matchups, but then we have the risk that the Browns get an early lead and just run all game. Great talent, terrible situation. 

This dude is the epitome of matchup dependent - just like his QB (imagine that) and Cleveland’s ROS schedule is incredibly juicy. Seriously. Go take a look. Other than the Ravens week 14 they’re all ++ matchups.  If you’re moving on from him now you’re being shortsighted. 

That being said if he can’t produce against CIN today, which I think he will, then I’m genuinely concerned. 

QB is an issue in Cleveland but I think Stefanski is smart enough to get Odell involved in the game plan and Odell can exploit bad secondaries. Baker or Case, whoever, won’t be under constant duress like they were against an incredible Pit defense last week. 

Edited by TeflonDonNewcombe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I don’t understand the point of quoting him, especially without saying anything. OBJ was injured early...otherwise he likely would have been correct. 

The fact that he's even on your roster at all, and we're in Week 7, tells me you've failed to Sell High on him.

39 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

The fact that he's even on your roster at all, and we're in Week 7, tells me you've failed to Sell High on him.

I’m sorry...did I miss the part where I said he’s on my roster??