NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Odell Beckham 2020 Outlook

Sorry if this has been brought up but I would like to share.

OBJ was like 80th in catchable balls %, Baker was hit early and often and they upgraded the oline a great deal and the coaching staff too.

Does anyone remember when Hopkins fell to the 3rd or 4th round following the year when Brock Osweiller threw 25% of his targets as uncatchable.

Draft OBJ in round 3 or 4 and profit barring injury, at worse you get a break even ish return on your investment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turner46 said:

OBJ was like 80th in catchable balls %, Baker was hit early and often and they upgraded the oline a great deal and the coaching staff too.

Does anyone remember when Hopkins fell to the 3rd or 4th round following the year when Brock Osweiller threw 25% of his targets as uncatchable.

Draft OBJ in round 3 or 4 and profit barring injury, at worse you get a break even ish return on your investment.

At worst he finishes as WR26 aka a classic Fantasy WR3.

36 minutes ago, turner46 said:

Wow...I thought Evan Silva and the “smart pundits” said for months this time a year ago that Baker was a dramatic upgrade over Eli. Who’d have guessed they have no idea what they’re talking about.

Buddy's got a personal vendetta against OBJ🤣, WE GET IT!

It's clear you have a burning 🔥 hate for him that extends beyond football or him having a down year last year lol. 

But your hot take has no traction, and your rationale makes you seem a bit out of touch. Not only did he play injured, but on a new team, with a new qb who happened to struggle a lot in his second season, a new scheme etc etc and he still hit 1000 yards.

His upside alone justifies his ADP, not to mention his track record as being one of the best, add on his huge target share (133 targets 2019) he's a great draft day target.

Your personal dislike of him doesn't change that.🙄

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

It's clear you have a burning 🔥 hate for him that extends beyond football or him having a down year last year lol. 

But your hot take has no traction, and your rationale makes you seem a bit out of touch. Not only did he play injured, but on a new team, with a new qb who happened to struggle a lot in his second season, a new scheme etc etc and he still hit 1000 yards.

His upside alone justifies his ADP, not to mention his track record as being one of the best, add on his huge target share (133 targets 2019) he's a great draft day target.

diddo. 

Giants fans are a weird bunch they think Eli is good and Odell is bad. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

You're the one drafting OBJ; The joke is on you.

You still haven't figured this out yet: Whoever drafts OBJ, loses. You're losing this one.

6 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

You still haven't figured this out yet: Whoever drafts OBJ, loses. You're losing this one.

These are the predictions that come back to make you look like a fool. If it works out? I'm sure you'll be bragging to no end. If it doesn't work out, and OBJ has a great season? You'll never show your face in this thread again, you'll lose any and all credibility you have on this forum, and you have to live with how wrong you are. 

Try to be more subtle about your hate, and make sure you have facts to back it up. If you're just going on heart/instinct on why you think this guy is gonna suck this year, it just ends up looking bad. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

9 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Eli is a Hall of Famer.

OBJ is not. OBJ has never won 1 meaningful game in his life.

8 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Meaningful football games won in OBJ's entire life:

6 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

"Outlandish takes" such as

"Do Not Draft Fournette because the Jags are clearly phasing him out" 

Totally outlandish, dude. You got me.

MULTI QUOTE is your friend

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The difference between winners and losers can be many but one for sure is not paying close attention to the context when review the recent history. Its easy to pile on the hate but that doesn't win leagues. My emotions don't matter, I want to win.

Last year he was overvalued given the clear identifiable risks. I'm glad people are sour on him. This year his ADP presents an opportunity. 

• Like 2

I get a little bit of a Todd Gurley vibe. Gurley finished as RB26 in Jeff Fishers last season. Then new head coach and then boom. 

Both have great talent and Beckham has already done it before. You could grab him in the middle of the 3rd and bare minimum you have a low high WR2 or high end WR3 and his upside is top 5-10. 

7 hours ago, Tenner said:

I get a little bit of a Todd Gurley vibe. Gurley finished as RB26 in Jeff Fishers last season. Then new head coach and then boom. 

Both have great talent and Beckham has already done it before. You could grab him in the middle of the 3rd and bare minimum you have a low high WR2 or high end WR3 and his upside is top 5-10. 

Also getting slight regret whenever I see Baker struggling, and at the Ravens week 1 is a difficult draw. That being said, they wiped the floor with the Ravens in Baltimore last year with Kitchens at the helm, so anything goes when it comes to divisional games.

I paid $25 out of $200 for him, which is cheaper than DJ Moore and Robert Woods FWIW. If Beckham's healthy, and Baker is competent, yea, 1300 yards and 10 TD's is within the range of outcomes...but the probability just seems low? Hence his price I guess lol 

On 9/3/2020 at 7:14 AM, Tenner said:

That's false. OBJ does not have Top 5-10 upside. It's a complete misconception that he still does. 

Edited by PisEdiRin

If you drafted OBJ, why is he still on your roster? Trade him asap when there are suckers still out there.

You have the Browns WR2. Landry is the Browns WR1 in Fantasy. You drafted the Browns WR2 instead of waiting 3 rounds later to draft the Browns WR1.

When OBJ gets off to another poor start in 2020....his value will completely evaporate.

Trade him NOW if you have him...before it's too late. You still have the chance to undo your draft day mistake. Don't waste this chance.

OBJ has a 1% chance of outproducing his ADP. 

One of the worst draft picks of Fantasy Football 2020 - very very little upside with him as his team's WR2 in a Run-First Offense with a terrible Bust QB, there is a 99% chance he finishes below his Draft Position.

Edited by PisEdiRin

7 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

If you drafted OBJ, why is he still on your roster? Trade him asap when there are suckers still out there.

You have the Browns WR2. Landry is the Browns WR1 in Fantasy. You drafted the Browns WR2 instead of waiting 3 rounds later to draft the Browns WR1.

When OBJ gets off to another poor start in 2020....his value will completely evaporate.

Trade him NOW if you have him...before it's too late. You still have the chance to undo your draft day mistake. Don't waste this chance.

OBJ has a 1% chance of outproducing his ADP. 

One of the worst draft picks of Fantasy Football 2020 - very very little upside with him as his team's WR2 in a Run-First Offense with a terrible Bust QB, there is a 99% chance he finishes below his Draft Position.

Dave Gettleman's Rotoworld account 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Dave Gettleman's Rotoworld account 

You can still trade him now while suckers still exist.

After a few bad games in 2020...those suckers will no longer exist. Everyone will finally see the light.

Why not just offer OBJ straight up for a Ridley? a Woods? a Sutton? a Lockett? a Chark?  Because those 5 guys are near locks to outscore OBJ in 2020. 

Hell, why not offer OBJ for Landry+X and rip off the Landry owner that way? (Landry will outscore OBJ in 2020 just like he did in 2019)

24 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

You can still trade him now while suckers still exist.

After a few bad games in 2020...those suckers will no longer exist. Everyone will finally see the light.

Why not just offer OBJ straight up for a Ridley? a Woods? a Sutton? a Lockett? a Chark?  Because those 5 guys are near locks to outscore OBJ in 2020. 

Hell, why not offer OBJ for Landry+X and rip off the Landry owner that way? (Landry will outscore OBJ in 2020 just like he did in 2019)

I like how your argument is that OBJ has strong competition for WR1 spot on his team and his good seasons were a mirage, then you rattle off Ridley (Julio), Woods (Kupp), Lockett (Metcalf) who all have the same problem on the competition side, and Chark/Sutton who each have been fantasy relevant for 1 year.

Not saying you're going to end up wrong on OBJ, but your logic is suspect.

Edited by vercrazy