NBC Sports Edge Forums

Odell Beckham 2020 Outlook

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Son, just point to where on the doll that OBJ touched you.

Yes, there's a very decent chance you're right that Odell was a good player to fade, and I think a decent number of people do/would agree with you, but your issue is you come across as an arrogant pri

@PisEdiRin Hey man we cooked up something for ya have a seat.

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Fantasy ranks for points per game for OBJ

2014: 1st

2015: 3rd

2016: 6th

2017: 3rd

2018: 8th

2019: 33rd

Which season is unlike the others? 

His risk is already baked into his ADP. His is going around the mid 3rd round. Not the 1/2 turn like last year. 

Mid 3rd round is way too high for OBJ. Like I said, he has a 1% chance of outproducing his ADP. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

I like how your argument is that OBJ has strong competition for WR1 spot on his team and his good seasons were a mirage, then you rattle off Ridley (Julio), Woods (Kupp), Lockett (Metcalf) who all have the same problem on the competition side, and Chark/Sutton who each have been fantasy relevant for 1 year.

Not saying you're going to end up wrong on OBJ, but your logic is suspect.

That's not the primary argument here. I was just making a side note that Landry is the real Fantasy WR1 on the Browns, and that will be the case in 2020.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Fantasy ranks for points per game for OBJ

2014: 1st

2015: 3rd

2016: 6th

2017: 3rd

2018: 8th

2019: 33rd

Which season is unlike the others? 

His risk is already baked into his ADP. His is going around the mid 3rd round. Not the 1/2 turn like last year. 

Golden Rule of Fantasy Football: Never chase past production.

OBJ Drafters in 2020 are chasing points.

11 minutes ago, Cody_ODea said:

Why is 2019 the only year you will acknowledge as OBJ's potential? 

Because he's on the same team in 2020 as he was in 2019.

From 2014-2018, he was playing on a different team.

2019 OBJ is the closest thing to 2020 OBJ.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Because he's on the same team in 2020 as he was in 2019.

From 2014-2018, he was playing on a different team.

2019 OBJ is the closest thing to 2020 OBJ.

That's a fair point, maybe your best one. He is capable of better years than 2019. He's shown it. Last year was his injured floor. We most likely won't agree but respect your opinion!

35 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

He’s a good target if you go RB/RB. 

I can’t see him getting less than 1000 yards barring injury and his potential is sky high. 

I did that. Henry - Drake - OBJ. 

I owned OBJ last year and experienced every bit of the pain. Everything has been great this camp. 

And the best thing that we heard this offseason has been the beautiful sounds of silence. He’s been QUIET. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Tenner said:

I did that. Henry - Drake - OBJ. 

I owned OBJ last year and experienced every bit of the pain. Everything has been great this camp. 

And the best thing that we heard this offseason has been the beautiful sounds of silence. He’s been QUIET. 

agreed...a quiet camp is a good thing for OBJ!  No negative news is good news.   Here's to hoping he's healthy and has added chemistry with Baker that he didn't have last year!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, affliction said:

Anyone who had him last year confidently picked him this year? 

I am if I get the chance tomorrow. He was hurt and in a new offense. He hurt me a bit was my WR3 last year after a trade . Plus helped win my chip week 17. We don't do playoffs. Best record wins

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Al.Davis said:

A pricey WR3 in this jilted ex-owners humble opinion.  Plus...since when did folks go to Cleveland and get BETTER?

No one is saying he’ll be better in Cleveland than he was in New York. And I sincerely doubt he’ll be a WR3 this year. 

13 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

He’s a good target if you go RB/RB. 

I can’t see him getting less than 1000 yards barring injury and his potential is sky high. 

I would be nervous as hell if he was my WR1.

• Like 1

I’ll let all the doubt drive one of the most talented WR in the entire NFL down the boards.

The Browns had some of the worst offensive coaching I’ve ever seen last season. The reason Odell finished so low among WRs is because he only got 4 TDs. That’s not happening again.

Dude should be taken in the early 30s without hesitation. People will look back and wonder how the hell did a player of Odells talent make it out the first two rounds. Top 12 finish incoming. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Drama, team chemistry and all his BS aside, we can agree he passes the eye test when on the field.  He has skills.  I think people are stuck on the motion that this is Browns and he is OBJ.

Last I checked, this is a pro organization who wants to win.  If they moved to a different city wearing a different uniform we would all be singing a different tune.

With this said, the team and OBJ have enough talent.  His ego wont let him settle for anything worse than a top 10, even a top 5 wr.

10 hours ago, Evincar said:

I would be nervous as hell if he was my WR1.

Id be a little nervous too but thats the risk you run when you pick a stud coming off a down year. I feel the same way taking CEH in the first as a rookie. Risk/Reward