NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 NBA Trade Deadline News and Rumors

Just now, mcflywalker said:

Apparently IT will be moved, so Napier might be in for some big minutes with ish

Don't forget they might be trying to clear space to develop Brown, Jr and Bonga also.

Washington is a weird one to project because they should be playing all youngsters and Napier is late 20's.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here's Tucker in the playoffs vs EVERY BIG MAN

Quick roundup:   Atlanta Hawks: Interested in Capela, Steven Adams. Pivoted away from Drummond due to extension demands. Hawks Expressed Interest In Trading For Jakob Poeltl. Some of

Kindda agree with this... I don't see the point of posting your entire team in your sig and making the sig so big that it's 90% of your message real estate.    

Posted Images

1 minute ago, brickcitymamba said:

The way some players' value is fluctuating rn reminds me of the Borges story where people's role and faith was decided in a daily lottery system. You could go from being on death row to royal treasurer right in time to escape the chopping block. Kinda feels like the latter for Nance, Clarke etc

Completely unrelated, but what was the name of the book lol. Sounds fascinating, let me load up on my existential literature hah

• Like 2
Just now, Nishinga said:

Is Juancho even a pickup in 12-T?

No. Not at all.

He's not even a pickup in 14-teamers.

He's unfortunately a "wait and see" guy, and those who added him will have to wait about 2-3 days to see how it all shakes out.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Juancho w/ minutes last season was a great add. Check it out.

Yea with 30-35 min any NBA player will put up stats, but to say he's gonna replicate that yall in for a big letdown, we'll see though. Also yall are forgetting they have DLo and Towns who's gonna take up more than half their shots a game.

Edited by DezedandConfused
3 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Again what has Juancho done lately that has him better than Spellman? If anything it's gonna be a time split.

14 games last year when he actually got 30+ minutes, he was 13 points & 7 boards, 40%+ on three pointers.

Juancho has been the 11th man on a top 5 NBA roster. Spellman has been the 9th or 10th man on the leagues worst roster. Before that he was on the Hawks, who also were one of the worst in the league for years. Spellman has done jack. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bballshinobi said:

He should be getting minutes and opportunities in TWolves' 3-ball heavy attack. It will be up to him to perform though. I think it's worth an add to find out

Looking at his splits from last year when he started he averaged 11.8/6.3/1.2/0.5/0.4 with 1.8 Treys, 0.9 TO and decent % in around 30 minutes. Not sure if I would pick up in 12-T a guy with those numbers.

5 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

The way some players' value is fluctuating rn reminds me of the Borges story where people's role and faith was decided in a daily lottery system. You could go from being on death row to royal treasurer right in time to escape the chopping block. Kinda feels like the latter for Nance, Clarke etc

The Lottery in Babylon. Fun analogy! And to think, we're not done yet.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Apparently IT will be moved, so Napier might be in for some big minutes with ish

But with Beal healthy, wasn't that what made it difficult for IT and Ish to put up any decent lines i.e. low usage? Ish was great when Beal was out, IT was OK.

3 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

No. Not at all.

He's unfortunately a "wait and see" guy, and those who added him will have to wait about 2-3 days to see how it all shakes out.

I dropped Thad for him in a 14t.

No regrets, was gonna use this as a streaming spot once Lauri comes back.

Am pretty much locked into playoffs anyway so I’ll see what we have for ROS adds before making a move to free up a streaming spot.

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Yea with 30-35 min any NBA player will put up stats, but to say he's gonna replicate that yall in for a big letdown, we'll see though. Also yall are forgetting they have DLo and Towns who's gonna take up more than half their shots a game.

Your boy Spellman got 1 rebound in 28 minutes......you were saying about minutes?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

No. Not at all.

The problem with the wait and see approach is that there's someone else willing to add preemptively. So if he does indeed pan out, no chance to grab him. Just hope whoever adds him early isn't dropping anyone of value (Like myself) lol.