Aaron Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I stopped reading here 

Suddenly lots of love in here. You mean we shouldn't be shying away because his team used a mid round pick (last pick of the second round) on a depth/insurance RB. I thought that was supposed to be th

Some people believe that their "RB1" has to be a "workhorse RB". But the trend of the workhorse RB as it used to be thought of, is getting close to extinct. I've looked up RB trends for Top 12 RB's (i

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Why would LaFleur speak about the 3rd string Rookie over Williams though? They know what Williams offers, Dillon could be the 1st and 2nd down back with Williams being in his usual role

He gets asked questions and answers 🤷‍♂️ 

it’s not like lafleur comes off the practice field and demands a microphone to talk about AJD.    

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Again-  there’s a way to speak to the media that challenges and builds your players up.    
Jones has consistently proven to be far superior to Williams in almost every facet.  not debatable 

Williams has a 93% catch rate (13/14) this year vs. Jones' 64% (18/28).  87% vs. 72% last year.  Would you say Williams is a far superior pass catcher?  If so, that's a pretty big facet.

As you know, RB receptions lead to more fantasy points than RB carries. 

13 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

I can see Dillon with his powerful running style giving him a GLB role this week

I don’t think gb has ever broken it down to goalline or not... they do usually ever other series with their backs and will sub Williams in for hurry up offense.  I think Dillon would be used just to give him a breather in between series, doubt he gets 12 touches unless theyre running out the clock at the end.  Pass blocking for Rodgers is important to them

Oh, well if the coaches said Williams is as good as Jones, well then... Lol.

Jones is the far superior talent. That is not debatable. Doesn't mean JWill can't or won't be very productive if Jones misses time, but Jones is an elite talent.

• Like 1

We already know GB loves Williams; I don't even think that's a question. We've had the conversation over many seasons and he's usually pretty involved even with Jones at full health.

I would be shocked if Williams doesn't eat most of the volume here if Jones sits; they absolutely trust him to protect Rodgers. We've all seen enough of NFL coaches to know that pass protection will likely be the major factor.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

Williams has a 93% catch rate (13/14) this year vs. Jones' 64% (18/28).  87% vs. 72% last year.  Would you say Williams is a far superior pass catcher?  If so, that's a pretty big facet.

And have they led to more points for Williams than Jones?   

it’s a nice stat for JW- but he mostly catches designed dumpoffs-  and has received half as many targets.  

I’m not trying to knock jamaal- He’s a trusted pass protector and can spell their stud rb1 when needed.    

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Oh, well if the coaches said Williams is as good as Jones, well then... Lol.

Jones is the far superior talent. That is not debatable. Doesn't mean JWill can't or won't be very productive if Jones misses time, but Jones is an elite talent.

I agree with this but Williams is really good. He can be a top 10ish back if Jones misses time. If he was in the right situation I could definitely see him being a top 10 back. One of the many reasons I like Jones so much is because is because Williams was both a cheap and productive handcuff.

15 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

And have they led to more points for Williams than Jones?   

it’s a nice stat for JW- but he mostly catches designed dumpoffs-  and has received half as many targets.  

I’m not trying to knock jamaal- He’s a trusted pass protector and can spell their stud rb1 when needed.    

Exactly, those stats that were quoted are nothing more than a function of Williams get looks in the flats or screens, he ain't out there running WR routes like Jones does--30 yards plus downfield. Williams also sucks at pass pro compared to Jones...still he is the back to start IF Jones can't play.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Exactly, those stats that were quoted are nothing more than a function of Williams get looks in the flats or screens, he ain't out there running WR routes like Jones does--30 yards plus downfield. Williams also sucks at pass pro compared to Jones...still he is the back to start IF Jones can't play.

Wait, what?  We're talking about Jamaal "Jonathan Ogden" Williams right?

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

👀

Edited by MBarbarian
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, MBarbarian said:

All catches aren't equal. 

Air yards:

Jones - 76

Williams - 13

Adot: average air yards per target

Jones - 2.71

Williams - 0.93

Jones is targeted down field. Williams is strictly check down making it easier for him to catch, thus, higher catch rate.

Jones is a better pass catcher as they are willing to target him down field in coverage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Packers should sign John Kuhn for goal line work. 

4 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

They just drafted a 250 pound RB in the 2nd round. If they aren't going to use Jamal Williams there i'd hope they would give him a shot.

tenor.gif

• Haha 2
18 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

This entire post was a really awful take

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

This entire post was a really awful take

got a bit carried away saying JW sucks at pass pro.  Not true.  But Jones is just as good,  and his receiving stats bear out the fact that he’s used more often and on deeper routes.    

• Like 1