Aaron Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I stopped reading here 

Suddenly lots of love in here. You mean we shouldn't be shying away because his team used a mid round pick (last pick of the second round) on a depth/insurance RB. I thought that was supposed to be th

Some people believe that their "RB1" has to be a "workhorse RB". But the trend of the workhorse RB as it used to be thought of, is getting close to extinct. I've looked up RB trends for Top 12 RB's (i

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, brosephd said:

just odd he was close to playing last week and now seems further than last week. 

I don't think he was close to playing last week. I think they wanted it to seem that way. But if the reported injury was correct and MRI confirmed it, a calf strain, even a mild one -- that's minimum 1 week and upwards of 3 weeks with high chance of re-injury. They were likely hoping it was a cramp Thurs/Fri when it happened, and then going into Sunday GTD was just some last minute gamesmanship. 

Edited by harck
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, harck said:

I don't think he was close to playing last week. I think they wanted it to seem that way. But if the reported injury was correct and MRI confirmed it, a calf strain, even a mild one -- that's minimum 1 week and upwards of 3 weeks with high chance of re-injury. They were likely hoping it was a cramp Thurs/Fri when it happened, and then going into Sunday GTD was just some last minute gamesmanship. 

The Packers play on Thursday night next week vs the 49ers. I'm very curious to see if he might play then.

Here are my thoughts on it. If he does play next week on Thursday, with what we know about how the Packers handle injuries, it must mean Jones is good to go. If he doesnt play next week, that'll be 3+ full weeks he'd have to rest this injury and I'd expect him to be full bore ahead from that point on. 

On 10/23/2020 at 1:48 PM, MBarbarian said:

For reference, here's how they treated Davante:

• 9/20  WEEK 2: Tweaks hamstring in Week 2 game, pushes coach to go back in, they hold him out.
  • 9/27  WEEK 3: Held out of Week 3 game
  • 10/1  Finally allowed to return to practice in limited capacity.
  • 10/4  WEEK 4: Held out of Week 4 game after being listed as GTD
  • 10/11  WEEK 5: Bye week
  • 10/14  First full practice
  • 10/18  WEEK 6: Finally allowed to play in a game

So he missed Week 3 and Week 4, returned in Week 6.  The bye week may have had something to do with it, but they didn't even let him practice in full until after the BYE. I bet they hold out Jones for at LEAST this week, maybe more.

Posted this earlier when the Bears were 5-1 and Packers were 4-1.  Division seemed competitive at the time, but with the Bears losing in terrible fashion last week and the Packers dominating WITHOUT Aaron Jones, the Packers look like they're running away with the division. 

The Bears (5-2) face the Saints (4-2) this week, then the Titans (5-1), then Vikings, BYE week, then GB. 

Meanwhile, the Packers face the Vikings (1-5), then 49ers (4-3), Jaguars (1-6), Colts (4-2), then the Bears.  

Heading into their matchup, the Bears could be sitting at 5-5 and GB could be 9-1.

All said, the Packers have no reason to rush Jones back now.  He could be looking at the Davante Adams timeframe.  Could see him coming back against the 49ers next week if he logs a full week of practice, but could also see the Packers holding him out until they face the Colts (Week 11).

2 hours ago, brosephd said:

just odd he was close to playing last week and now seems further than last week. 

Makes you almost want to knock the Packers down a peg or two when drafting if they are going to handle every last injury with kid gloves. Don't think I could fade Jones and Adams though lol. Just gotta get through it I guess.

1 hour ago, Jubanton said:

I would consider him highly questionable for next week Thursday.

Yeah I would think it's at best 30% (prob more like 5-10% imo) and that is all simply conjecture on my part, just seems prudent given the shorter week and NO practice time this week--coupled with the notoriously conservative GB medical staff. Then he will get a long week off to hopefully be 100% recovered for WK10 v JAC.

Packers dropped 2 of the last 3 games. It's clear they lack his talent in the run game. Jamaal is good but he isn't a pure runner like AJ. They need him back sooner than later. I don't see why they hold him out of the TNF game especially given the fact that Jones was ready to be back in the lineup the same week he got injured. Sometimes over-caution can bite you in the a**.

• Like 1

If he's healthy, he definitely plays after that loss. But calf strains are scary, he needs to be 100%. Just look at KD and Wilson last week. Both had calf strains, both ended up with ankle injuries the second they came back. Can't help but feel their calf strains played a role and led to some lower leg compensation.

Edited by harck
35 minutes ago, arielk31 said:

Packers dropped 2 of the last 3 games. It's clear they lack his talent in the run game. Jamaal is good but he isn't a pure runner like AJ. They need him back sooner than later. I don't see why they hold him out of the TNF game especially given the fact that Jones was ready to be back in the lineup the same week he got injured. Sometimes over-caution can bite you in the a**.

Does he play defense?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1