Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Jones 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I stopped reading here 

Suddenly lots of love in here. You mean we shouldn't be shying away because his team used a mid round pick (last pick of the second round) on a depth/insurance RB. I thought that was supposed to be th

Some people believe that their "RB1" has to be a "workhorse RB". But the trend of the workhorse RB as it used to be thought of, is getting close to extinct. I've looked up RB trends for Top 12 RB's (i

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

There are points to be had here... I just wish we had a clear idea who is the alpha between these two.

I really think it’s neither IMO. But of course waivers clear tomorrow and it’s just a gamble. I mean Jones could play. It went from a “he could have played “ against Houston to a 3 week injury. And they need a win. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

I really think it’s neither IMO. But of course waivers clear tomorrow and it’s just a gamble. I mean Jones could play. It went from a “he could have played “ against Houston to a 3 week injury. And they need a win. 

He is still at high risk of reinjury. If he isnt 100% he isnt playing

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jubanton said:

No way they risk Aaron Jones against a team that just lost Jimmy G, Kittles and several RBs not to mention their defensive stars  missing. 

I believe SF is still best in fantasy vs rbs though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

No way they risk Aaron Jones against a team that just lost Jimmy G, Kittles and several RBs not to mention their defensive stars  missing. 

 

look, i don't think he's gonna suit up, fwiw - but to say the 'Niners at home are not a problem is selling one of the best coached teams in the leeg very short. 

... oh, and there was a TON of chatter here last week about "NOT NEEDING JONES TO BEAT MINNESOTA" - that didn't quite work out how most expected. 

remember ... on any given Sunday (or Thursday) ...

SFO isn't putting the cue in the rack just yet, and they have had success against Rodgers. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, yanksman said:

This turned from a minor calf injury to not even able to play 2 weeks later when 2 of their other RBs are on the covid list. Yikes.

pretty much every 2020 injury in a nutshell. 

19 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

No way they risk Aaron Jones against a team that just lost Jimmy G, Kittles and several RBs not to mention their defensive stars  missing. 

on the other hand--the 49ers beat them by like a million points in the playoffs last season and completely manhandled them and the Packers just finished losing to the at-the-time 1-win Minnesota Vikings. Not sure whether he plays or not (please for the love of god be healthy and play Aaron Jones) but I don't think there's gonna be too much "this game is a gimme" thought going in to this on the side of the Packers. 
 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking he would for sure be playing if this wasn't a short week...the GB training staff is going to make sure he is 100% before letting him play and he might just not quite be there in time for Thursday. If he misses, I'd expect Dexter Williams to get most of the carries, with Ervin being the COP/pass catching option between the two.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I'm thinking he would for sure be playing if this wasn't a short week...the GB training staff is going to make sure he is 100% before letting him play and he might just not quite be there in time for Thursday. If he misses, I'd expect Dexter Williams to get most of the carries, with Ervin being the COP/pass catching option between the two.

A short week and a guaranteed win...lets do the math

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...