Aaron Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I stopped reading here 

Suddenly lots of love in here. You mean we shouldn't be shying away because his team used a mid round pick (last pick of the second round) on a depth/insurance RB. I thought that was supposed to be th

Some people believe that their "RB1" has to be a "workhorse RB". But the trend of the workhorse RB as it used to be thought of, is getting close to extinct. I've looked up RB trends for Top 12 RB's (i

Posted Images

Seems like he'll be limited even if he does play.

https://www.nfl.com/news/even-if-packers-rb-aaron-jones-suits-up-tonight-don-t-expect-a-normal-workload

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported on Good Morning Football that he does not hear optimism about Jones' status.

"Even if he suits up, it's going to be nowhere near a normal role for him," Garafolo added.

The Packers are without backup Jamaal Williams and rookie A.J. Dillon due to COVID-19 protocols.

Green Bay has rightfully taken a cautious approach with Jones this season, not wanting to turn an injury that keeps him out a few weeks into one that knocks the stud running back out the entire season.

Jones, in the final year of his contract, has been pushing to play. With Tyler Ervin and Dexter Williams as the only other running backs ready to play, it's possible Jones talks his way onto the field. If he does, don't expect Matt LaFleur to give Jones his normal workload in his first game back

Just now, RustyMiller said:

Seems like he'll be limited even if he does play.

https://www.nfl.com/news/even-if-packers-rb-aaron-jones-suits-up-tonight-don-t-expect-a-normal-workload

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported on Good Morning Football that he does not hear optimism about Jones' status.

"Even if he suits up, it's going to be nowhere near a normal role for him," Garafolo added.

The Packers are without backup Jamaal Williams and rookie A.J. Dillon due to COVID-19 protocols.

Green Bay has rightfully taken a cautious approach with Jones this season, not wanting to turn an injury that keeps him out a few weeks into one that knocks the stud running back out the entire season.

Jones, in the final year of his contract, has been pushing to play. With Tyler Ervin and Dexter Williams as the only other running backs ready to play, it's possible Jones talks his way onto the field. If he does, don't expect Matt LaFleur to give Jones his normal workload in his first game back

Good find

Just now, Dirtywater97 said:

Part of me wonders how much this is GB just trying to lower the price for contract negotiations.

I'm sure overall health for a playoff push plays a role too, but the contract aspect definitely factors in too.

Im thinking the same. Jamall just went out their and killed it, think this could be a combination of things considering how much Jones was wanting to be paid. 

18 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Where is the "Aaron Jones is expected to be active tonight" update?! I'm waiting impatiently here!

" I'm sitting here like patience on a monument " -  Corrado Junior Soprano 

spacer.png

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

I mean all this if he plays he might not play doesn’t really help. 

With bye weeks, Covid, injuries etc I don’t know how you can sit him if your in a competitive league. My backup was Williams in case of a Jones injury and AJ Dillion screwed me there. Are we benching and gambling on Dexter or Ervin?

32 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

With bye weeks, Covid, injuries etc I don’t know how you can sit him if your in a competitive league. My backup was Williams in case of a Jones injury and AJ Dillion screwed me there. Are we benching and gambling on Dexter or Ervin?

Likely playing him if he's active. Even at a 30% snap count, I still like Jones to be better than replacement level.

1 hour ago, UcanTry said:

Wondering this as well, not feeling great with Dexter or Ervin but might be out of choices. Hopefully Jones plays, even at half capacity he's better than a replacement player.

Yeah, there are a few awkward bye weeks out there, plus injuries. Hunt/Chubb, Ekeler, Mixon/Bernard, Rams RBs, Sanders/Scott, Mostert, Gaskin, Drake, plus all the bye week WRs for FLEX. All out there on rosters, plus plenty of other guys you'd be playing Jones over. If he goes I'm just going to roll him out there, expecting/hoping for a short yardage TD.

34 minutes ago, coleworld7 said:

looks like really be limited tonight. on the fence about benching him this week

If you're thinking of starting this guy tonight, and have other unrevolting options, I'd, uh........ swerve.

1 minute ago, iamkoza said:

so what his agent dm'd rapsheet and schefty at the same time?

he only plays 50% of the snaps when healthy anyway, how much more can they limit his role?

Thissity thissity this!!

If Aaaron Jones plays a third of the snaps tonight, he's still a top 10 RB. Only way I bench him is if they say he's only active as an emergency RB. 

• Thanks 1