Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Jones 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I stopped reading here 

Suddenly lots of love in here. You mean we shouldn't be shying away because his team used a mid round pick (last pick of the second round) on a depth/insurance RB. I thought that was supposed to be th

Some people believe that their "RB1" has to be a "workhorse RB". But the trend of the workhorse RB as it used to be thought of, is getting close to extinct. I've looked up RB trends for Top 12 RB's (i

Posted Images

Don’t know how you’d know if he was “emergency back” other then trusting reporters are saying

Another thing no one is talking about is possible reagervating and being pulled. Such a mess cause of Dillion. 

Edited by UcanTry
Link to post
Share on other sites

I could easily see him get a decent amount of work early on, but the issue I see is that if they get ahead then they will likely rest him and let Dexter/Ervin take the remaining work in the second half. He could easily have a decent game tonight but I think his ceiling is certainly capped because of that potential workload split.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, yanksman said:

He very well can be ACTIVE only in an emergency role like Fournette. VERY risky start.

Im in agreement, Id wait til gametime to make the decision and only start him if we know a primary role. He is still at risk for reinjury if he isnt 100%

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

am i missing something?

if he plays you start him because hes 100%

if hes not 100% gb wont play him. seems pretty black and white to me

Except there is a report that he'll be limited if he plays. Odd that they'd limit him at 100% though, lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

if you want a glass half full speculation.... perhaps a limited role will be his usual 50% +/- snap count? while he was out jamal williams was handing 80% of the snaps... you could interpret limited role to mean they are not going to play him that much... but perhaps he still gets 50%?

 

 

Edited by iamkoza
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Except there is a report that he'll be limited if he plays. Odd that they'd limit him at 100% though, lol.

 

Yeah that quote makes no sense. 

Jones is likely fine and this is all gamesmanship. Smells like one of those situations where people bench him due to coach speak and he drops a big fantasy game. 

Jones was a trending toward 50-50 with Williams before this whole injury situation. So wouldn't surprise me if he's closed to 50% snaps regardless.

Edited by LongBalls
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

 

Yeah that quote makes no sense. 

Jones is likely fine and this is all gamesmanship. Smells like one of those situations where people bench him due to coach speak and he drops a big fantasy game. 

Jones was a trending toward 50-50 with Williams before this whole injury situation. So wouldn't surprise me if he's closed to 50% snaps regardless.

He could be 100%, but the risk or reinjury is still there and he didnt practice in full all week. Thats why he could be limited, im sure it all depends on gamescript. SF did just lose half their roster

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah we've all been talking about the Packers medical staff in this thread... seems very unlikely that they would roll him out in a limited capacity after playing it safe the last few weeks. In the first five games, he finished with 54%, 48%, 71%, 52%, and 57% of the snaps, and the 48% game was when he put up 236 yards and 3 touchdowns on 22 touches. If there's a risk of re-injury then I don't think there's any chance he sees the field... it wouldn't make any sense to play him for 25% of the snaps or something like that

 

Edit: 

 

Edited by ilikepieman
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a report that the Saints were trying to trade Michael Thomas and Sean Payton himself said it wasn't true.

A few Thursday's ago they reported Sterling Shepard would be on a 10-20 snap count, he played 46 snaps.

If Jones is good to go he should get a normal (ish) workload until the game is out of reach which could happen tonight.

Edited by turner46
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, turner46 said:

There was a report that the Saints were trying to trade Michael Thomas and Sean Payton himself said it wasn't true.

A few Thursday's ago they reported Sterling Shepard would be on a 10-20 snap count, he played 46 snaps.

If Jones is good to go he should get a normal (ish) workload until the game is out of reach which could happen tonight.

Yup! Sleeper just reported he'll be active tonight.

Fire him up boys!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Active and playing aren’t the same thing. This team doesn’t want to be SOL if Ennis and Dexter go down. They want to dress three RBs. Might just be in case of emergency situation like Fournette earlier in the year. I don’t have a crystal ball and it’s hard to sit a guy this talented, but approach with extreme caution. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Let's not forget this is the 2nd best defense against RBs and he may have a limited role...

I am wondering why the activation of Dexter off the practice squad if they expected Jones to be 100%. I dont expect a RBBC, but a limited role for sure

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

I am wondering why the activation of Dexter off the practice squad if they expected Jones to be 100%. I dont expect a RBBC, but a limited role for sure

So the only active RBs tonight are Jones, Ervin, and Williams? Unless I'm missing something that seems normal—afaik most teams have at least 3 active RBs. Usually it would be Jones, (Jamaal) Williams, and Dillon, no?

Edited by ilikepieman
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

I am wondering why the activation of Dexter off the practice squad if they expected Jones to be 100%. I dont expect a RBBC, but a limited role for sure

Even with Jones, they're down Jamaal and Dillon. So the Dexter call up means nothing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

With SF as decimated as they are on offense, how are they even going to keep it close?  This should be an easy victory for GB, even without Jones. Doesn’t make much sense to give him a ton of work unnecessarily. I can definitely see a scenario where he starts but is barely used.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

With SF as decimated as they are on offense, how are they even going to keep it close?  This should be an easy victory for GB, even without Jones. Doesn’t make much sense to give him a ton of work unnecessarily. I can definitely see a scenario where he starts but is barely used.

He could also have 60 yards and a TD by half. 

I think I'll kick myself harder if I bench him and he goes off, as opposed to if I start him and he's seriously limited. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, yanksman said:
Aaron Jones indeed is expected to be active tonight, but that doesn’t mean he’ll have a full-time role. #Packers will monitor his calf strain closely, and complement him with Tyler Ervin and Dexter Williams as needed.
 

But, as has been pointed out, Jones never has a full time role. He's always complemented with Williams (usually Jamaal) and Ervin. 

So what does this report mean? If he's active and he's playing, I don't know how you bench him.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting Jones. Even a 50%, Jones is better than the 100% of my alternatives (Leveon Bell, Jordan Howard, Gus Edwards). So for me it is a lack of legit alternatives. I can live with it if Jones does end up in a limited role and doesn't produce much. Less so if I bench him and he has a strong game because I opted for the 36 rushing yards of Jordan Howard.

Edited by ESquared
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...