Aaron Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I stopped reading here 

Suddenly lots of love in here. You mean we shouldn't be shying away because his team used a mid round pick (last pick of the second round) on a depth/insurance RB. I thought that was supposed to be th

Some people believe that their "RB1" has to be a "workhorse RB". But the trend of the workhorse RB as it used to be thought of, is getting close to extinct. I've looked up RB trends for Top 12 RB's (i

Posted Images

Packers weren't going to play him if they were worried about his health. Not surprised with the usage or efficiency, though unfortunately Adams stole all the TDs. 

He had 20 touches. 

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, LongBalls said:

Packers weren't going to play him if they were worried about his health. Not surprised with the usage or efficiency, though unfortunately Adams stole all the TDs. 

He had 20 touches. 

Like 6 when they were running out the clock. Just up the gut clock killed for 1-2 yards 

15 hours ago, LongBalls said:

He had 20 touches. 

Exactly this 

the correct decision once he was declared active was to start him.   Pack held him out for almost 3 weeks just to be cautious.  The fact that Rodgers went nuts through the air doesn’t change anything.  

21 minutes ago, BennyStocks said:

Aaron Jones ready for a big game? Or will they use the pass more often and will it be a Adams game again? Jacksonville is the 6th worst team against the run and the 5th worst team against the pass.

yes

9 hours ago, BennyStocks said:

Aaron Jones ready for a big game? Or will they use the pass more often and will it be a Adams game again? Jacksonville is the 6th worst team against the run and the 5th worst team against the pass.

Both will eat

• Like 1
10 hours ago, BennyStocks said:

lucky for us AJ is good at both running and catching.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, FreakFries said:

Sensing some mop up duty for Jamaal Williams. 

AJ should have some huge points by then regardless 

Definitely has that feel to it. They kept Jones in WAY too long in last week's blowout. I'd be very surprised if Jones didn't go for 20 this week. 

10 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

It seems like Williams eats into Jones' workload more and more each week. Maybe it's just that they're easing him back into the lead role, but it's making me uncomfortable.

it may feel that way, but their usage has been basically the same for almost 2 years now.

Would be nice getting RB1 stats once. Hasnt had a good game since week 4. Doesnt have over 70 yards rushing all year. The difference between this year and last year isn't Jamaal or AJ Dillon. Its freaking Rodgers looking like a stud again.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, yanksman said:

Would be nice getting RB1 stats once. Hasnt had a good game since week 4. Doesnt have over 70 yards rushing all year. The difference between this year and last year isn't Jamaal or AJ Dillon. Its freaking Rodgers looking like a stud again.

Jones had 168 yards rushing in Week 2 (and 71 in Week 4). He's been an RB1 or RB2 every week he's played this season. His worst finish any week he played was as the RB19. He's been an RB1 in 3 games this season (including the RB #1 once). And he's the RB #3 in PPG amongst all RB's who have played at least 5 games (half the weeks in the NFL so far). Here's some more: 

image.png.875f3603e20448d4a4146c3c3d19ba7b.png

image.png.fd166ac6dad33399cb0774f7400cc143.png

Edited by Corleone
1 minute ago, Corleone said:

Jones had 168 yards rushing in Week 2 (and 71 in Week 4). He's been an RB1 or RB2 every week he's played this season. His worst finish any week he played was as the RB19. He's been an RB1 in 3 games this season (including the RB #1 once). And he's the RB #3 in PPR amongst all RB's who have played at least 5 games (half the weeks in the NFL so far). Here's some more: 

RB3? Where are you getting this information

10 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Jones had 168 yards rushing in Week 2 (and 71 in Week 4). He's been an RB1 or RB2 every week he's played this season. His worst finish any week he played was as the RB19. He's been an RB1 in 3 games this season (including the RB #1 once). And he's the RB #3 in PPG amongst all RB's who have played at least 5 games (half the weeks in the NFL so far). Here's some more: 

And one other correction, worst finish this season was as the RB17 (not 19).

23 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Like I said, hasn't finished as an RB1 since week 4. Would be nice to get one soon here.

7 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Like I said, hasn't finished as an RB1 since week 4. Would be nice to get one soon here.

Who would you have over him then? Outside Kamara, and lately Cook, none of the top guys have outproduced on a weekly basis. Chubb out, Jacobs hit and miss, Drake bust, James Robinson hit lottery, Henry TD dependent, CMC hurt, Saquon out. You drafted him on his consistency, the schedule gets easier and no one could have predicted many of the possible outcomes we have. But you wouldnt take 7 guys above him rn

On 11/16/2020 at 10:21 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

It seems like Williams eats into Jones' workload more and more each week. Maybe it's just that they're easing him back into the lead role, but it's making me uncomfortable.

On 11/17/2020 at 8:22 AM, iamkoza said:

it may feel that way, but their usage has been basically the same for almost 2 years now.

This is correct except this year it feels like Williams is getting the higher value play calls/targets, while they keep sending Jones to smash his face up the middle between the tackles. That is how its appeared the last two games Jones has been back, probably not backed up by the numbers but at face value thats how it appears. 

• Like 1
On 11/17/2020 at 7:08 PM, JacobThunder15 said:

Who would you have over him then? Outside Kamara, and lately Cook, none of the top guys have outproduced on a weekly basis. Chubb out, Jacobs hit and miss, Drake bust, James Robinson hit lottery, Henry TD dependent, CMC hurt, Saquon out. You drafted him on his consistency, the schedule gets easier and no one could have predicted many of the possible outcomes we have. But you wouldnt take 7 guys above him rn

Never said I would. Just said he hasnt had rb1 production since week 4. Just a general statement. Don't read too much into it

18 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Never said I would. Just said he hasnt had rb1 production since week 4. Just a general statement. Don't read too much into it

My statement is saying this is a different season. Rb1 status is extremely hard to find. Volume often means more than talent this year with how gamescript has gone to the elite guys and Jones is no exception. I think its been touched on that Jones isnt getting the TDs because Rodgers is just playing out of his mind

28 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I hear ya. I think Jones is due. He's gotten vultured at the goal line by gimmicky passes and an ARod run amongst other things. Seem to remember him having a TD called back on a hold too. Wouldn't be surprised if the law of averaged balances out and he scores multiple TDs this week.