Aaron Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I stopped reading here 

Suddenly lots of love in here. You mean we shouldn't be shying away because his team used a mid round pick (last pick of the second round) on a depth/insurance RB. I thought that was supposed to be th

Some people believe that their "RB1" has to be a "workhorse RB". But the trend of the workhorse RB as it used to be thought of, is getting close to extinct. I've looked up RB trends for Top 12 RB's (i

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Lmao at calling that a busted play

He had 1 run that got him 13 pts in full ppr out of the 23.8, i wouldnt say fantasy wise outside of that run it was a great game from him, and we have to remember Williams is still splitting carries

2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

He had 1 run that got him 13 pts in full ppr out of the 23.8, i wouldnt say fantasy wise outside of that run it was a great game from him, and we have to remember Williams is still splitting carries

Ok what does any of that have to do with my post?

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Ok what does any of that have to do with my post?

Im just saying this was a ceiling play imo. He was used a lot in the 4th because they were trying to get that clock down as fast as possible and it just so happened Jones broke one big. He is an RB1, but i dont expect this kind of fantasy production 

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Im just saying this was a ceiling play imo. He was used a lot in the 4th because they were trying to get that clock down as fast as possible and it just so happened Jones broke one big. He is an RB1, but i dont expect this kind of fantasy production 

He 'broke it' because he is very talented and a tough runner. This was most certainly not his 'ceiling' either. That is on the horizon imo.

Just now, ST. STEVEN said:

He 'broke it' because he is very talented and a tough runner. This was most certainly not his 'ceiling' either. That is on the horizon imo.

He was at 14 carries for 50 yds. I understand he is talented, but they didnt really ride him til the 4th. The gameplan was Rodgers and co, not Jones. Even in the redzone, it was a Rodgers show. This has been the case all this season, and Williams isnt going away. I think the long run took the life out of the eagles and they gave up after he broke the 1st tackle in open space. You can have your opinion, and I hope im wrong, but its not like his game log was amazing this game before that play occured

32 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Aaron Jones had 18 touches. Jamaal Williams had 7. It doesn't really matter how he gets it done, just that it gets done. I'm still not understanding where this split comes from? Yes, it is frustrating to see Williams getting out there and sometimes vulturing scores and some redzone work, but if you look at the touches over the course of the season Jones gets his when he plays.

Aaron Jones is averaging 16.3 touches per game. 15.8 if you exclude the game that Williams did not play in.

Jamaal Williams is averaging 11 touches per game.  7.3 excluding the games Jones did not play in.

The game logs show that Jones has been involved in the running game and passing game in every game he's payed. Guess what, Aaron Jones is 10th in the LEAGUE in all-purpose yardage. This is with missing games. He's 10th in the league among all players. When looking at the RB1s on the list, Cook, Henry, Kamara, and James Robinson are ahead of him. Then you have Patterson, Metcalf, Edmonds, Reek, and Jefferson as the other guys.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

He was at 14 carries for 50 yds. I understand he is talented, but they didnt really ride him til the 4th. The gameplan was Rodgers and co, not Jones. Even in the redzone, it was a Rodgers show. This has been the case all this season, and Williams isnt going away. I think the long run took the life out of the eagles and they gave up after he broke the 1st tackle in open space. You can have your opinion, and I hope im wrong, but its not like his game log was amazing this game before that play occured

Williams had basically 1 series...5 rushes total and one actual good carry.

I get it, he has gotten better...I give Williams a ton of credit for turning himself around--but this is gonna be the Jones show when rushing and working thru the air.

5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Williams had basically 1 series...5 rushes total and one actual good carry.

I get it, he has gotten better...I give Williams a ton of credit for turning himself around--but this is gonna be the Jones show when rushing and working thru the air.

What im saying is, is Jones used in the redzone? Not really. Unless he breaks a big gain or continues elite YPC, his upside is limited. Without the long run TD its was a 14-15 pt game from him. That was when they were using him as you said more often than not in the 4th qt. He is a great back, but I dont see him winning you leagues with the lack of upside he has in the redzone. This is also shown from his last 5 games even towards the beginning of the season. He is a solid RB1, but without TDs youre not getting above 20 pts a game

Edited by JacobThunder15
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

^^^This. While Jones is talented, during this game, he wasn't particularly effective, and given how well he was contained, this was closer to a busted play than it is 'normal' for him because he's so talented.

Edited by Semitar
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

What im saying is, is Jones used in the redzone? Not really. Unless he breaks a big gain or continues elite YPC, his upside is limited. Without the long run TD its was a 14-15 pt game from him. That was when they were using him as you said more often than not in the 4th qt. He is a great back, but I dont see him winning you leagues with the lack of upside he has in the redzone. 

I think only two of his 6 rushing TDs came on long gains. Then he's got the two receiving TDs that also weren't on long bombs or anything. He's currently played two less games than most of the RBs on the list and he was tied for 10th in the league in rushing scores going into today. That includes QBs in the list. Considering there are 32 teams in the league I think again you are really grasping straws to make an argument. There is really no truth in you saying he has limited upside. On that list of rushing scores are Cook, Henry, Gibson, Gurley, Jacobs, Kamara, Drake, MGIII, Jones, Gallman, Chubb, and Robinson. Maybe five RBs on that list you'd put in your lineup before Jones without question. And then two you could make a case for in Gibson and Jacobs.

Edited by FitzMagic
8 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I think only two of his 6 rushing TDs came on long gains. Then he's got the two receiving TDs that also weren't on long bombs or anything. He's currently played two less games than most of the RBs on the list and he was tied for 10th in the league in rushing scores going into today. That includes QBs in the list. Considering there are 32 teams in the league I think again you are really grasping straws to make an argument. There is really no truth in you saying he has limited upside. On that list of rushing scores are Cook, Henry, Gibson, Gurley, Jacobs, Kamara, Drake, MGIII, Jones, Gallman, Chubb, and Robinson. Maybe four RBs on that list you'd put in your lineup before Jones without question. And then two you could make a case for in Gibson and Jacobs.

You say that but the RB list has been poor compared to other years so we are okay with guys getting 16 pts or so a game in a full PPR. What happened to the 40 pt production, Cook and Kamara consistently have more upside, Henry as well. Robinson is a PPR stud as you said, but look at his last 4 games and tell me this is the 7th best RB in PPR. Its underwhelming, but it gets the job done. If you avg his last 4 games its 13 full ppr pts. Is that a high end RB1? No plain and simple

Edited by JacobThunder15
14 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

You say that but the RB list has been poor compared to other years so we are okay with guys getting 16 pts or so a game in a full PPR. What happened to the 40 pt production, Cook and Kamara consistently have more upside, Henry as well. Robinson is a PPR stud as you said, but look at his last 4 games and tell me this is the 7th best RB in PPR. Its underwhelming, but it gets the job done

I mean Kamara put up a 6 in .5PPR in a game.

Last 4 games:

Kamara = 16.05 pts

Jones = 14.73 pts

And you can say Kamara had more 30 point games, but he's also not been injured. Jones has a better floor and ceiling this year. Not to say I would not take Kamara over Jones, but again it is to say you are really trying to devalue Jones considerably when there is nothing to support the claim.

🤷‍♂️

Edited by FitzMagic
30 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

What im saying is, is Jones used in the redzone? Not really. Unless he breaks a big gain or continues elite YPC, his upside is limited. Without the long run TD its was a 14-15 pt game from him. That was when they were using him as you said more often than not in the 4th qt. He is a great back, but I dont see him winning you leagues with the lack of upside he has in the redzone. This is also shown from his last 5 games even towards the beginning of the season. He is a solid RB1, but without TDs youre not getting above 20 pts a game

Not too many guys will get you 20 pts a game without TD’s

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I mean Kamara put up a 6 in .5PPR in a game.

Last 4 games:

Kamara = 16.05 pts

Jones = 14.73 pts

And you can say Kamara had more 30 point games, but he's also not been injured. Jones has a better floor and ceiling this year. Not to say I would not take Kamara over Jones, but again it is to say you are really trying to devalue Jones considerably when there is nothing to support the claim.

🤷‍♂️

Yes but Kamara has had an influence on his production with Hill being in the game, Jones has been involved every week and still avg 13 in his last 4. What was keeping him from not having over 15 a game or 18-20? 

LOL at all of the guys in here basically saying "if you take away his best play, on which he showed off his myriad talents and skills and scored a touchdown, he didn't really have a good day and really that was all luck". That stuff cracks me up. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, yossarian said:

LOL at all of the guys in here basically saying "if you take away his best play, on which he showed off his myriad talents and skills and scored a touchdown, he didn't really have a good day and really that was all luck". That stuff cracks me up. 

But its the truth. Its a preparation for future games. If the volume is there, but it takes a last minute bomb play to save the day its hard to think he is going to do that again the next week. Give me the guys who consistently get redzone carries (Robinson, Henry) over him. You drafted him after his historic year last year, and while he has been good, its been nothing amazing the past 5 times he has played 

35 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

But its the truth. Its a preparation for future games. If the volume is there, but it takes a last minute bomb play to save the day its hard to think he is going to do that again the next week. Give me the guys who consistently get redzone carries (Robinson, Henry) over him. You drafted him after his historic year last year, and while he has been good, its been nothing amazing the past 5 times he has played 

What do you think our take should be next week when he has a long TD run in the first quarter? 

19 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Outside of the run today when was the last time he managed a run like that this season?

I think that may be his longest of the year but not sure. 

4 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

I think that may be his longest of the year but not sure. 

Exactly. His role has changed from last year. This is the Rodgers show, if Rodgers doesnt produce neither will the big games from Jones, and he has yet to have a big upside game in the 2nd half of the season par tonight. He has the potential to break one every game, but he doesnt tonight being the exception and the lack of redzone carries is not helping his case either. I think there was 1 week maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago he ran at the 1 yd line 2 times in a row and didnt get in. They use Rodgers there, this is basically a Chiefs style offense. Great QB, great parts, but the RBs dont see massive upside