NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Jones 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, gmoneypm said:

He had a 75 yarder in week two against Detroit 

One of the worst run D in the league. So I guess next week we need to bank on that long TD game again. If not, you should have limited expectations to maybe 15 pts a game instead of hoping 30-40 pops off even in a great matchup

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I stopped reading here 

Suddenly lots of love in here. You mean we shouldn't be shying away because his team used a mid round pick (last pick of the second round) on a depth/insurance RB. I thought that was supposed to be th

Some people believe that their "RB1" has to be a "workhorse RB". But the trend of the workhorse RB as it used to be thought of, is getting close to extinct. I've looked up RB trends for Top 12 RB's (i

Posted Images

1 hour ago, yossarian said:

LOL at all of the guys in here basically saying "if you take away his best play, on which he showed off his myriad talents and skills and scored a touchdown, he didn't really have a good day and really that was all luck". That stuff cracks me up. 

If you can't say he had a good game prior to that last play, then you're being pendantic.

3 hours ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Exactly. His role has changed from last year. This is the Rodgers show, if Rodgers doesnt produce neither will the big games from Jones, and he has yet to have a big upside game in the 2nd half of the season par tonight. He has the potential to break one every game, but he doesnt tonight being the exception and the lack of redzone carries is not helping his case either. I think there was 1 week maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago he ran at the 1 yd line 2 times in a row and didnt get in. They use Rodgers there, this is basically a Chiefs style offense. Great QB, great parts, but the RBs dont see massive upside

Nah his role is the same. His role is our main RB. He was just never going to score as many TD’s as last year. I’m a Packer backer. Live here. It’s our way of life. Watch every game. I don’t think anyone in their right mind would assume he was going to even come close to the amount of rushing TD’s he had last year. If you did your expectations were way too high coming into the year to begin with and you were setting yourself up for disappointment. We ran a lot more last year because our defense stunk and we used all the clock. Yes he hasn’t had a big upside game yet this second half which interestingly enough coincides with him working back from injury. As far as not punching in at goal line a couple weeks back. That happens to all backs. I wouldn’t put too much weight into such a tiny sample of 2 plays. Happened to Henry not long ago and happened to Cook as recently as today. 
If you wanna feel better about owning him try looking at it from a fantasy perspective. He’s averaging the 6th most fantasy points per game out of all RB’s (standard scoring) to date. That’s with missing a game. Also he ranks 7th overall for RB’s. 
List of the best remaining backs this year. No particular order: Cook, McCaffrey, Chubb, Henry, Kamara, Robinson, Carson, Gibson, Jacobs, Drake, Ekeler, Mostert, A.Jones, Taylor.  

• Like 1

Aaron Jones is averaging exactly 1 carry per game in goal to go downs. ONE! He only has 8 carries on the year from the 5 or closer.

Meanwhile, Aaron Rodgers has thrown 38 passes on goal to go downs. The Packers are basically 75% pass, 25% run when they get close to the end zone. 

The craziest thing is that defenses are still crowding the line of scrimmage to stop the run. If I'm a defense, I'm dropping 8 guys into coverage on goal to go plays against the Packers. Overwhelming odds are that they're throwing the ball. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, skedssays said:

Maybe this means he’s getting out. Let’s hope brighter futures are ahead for us keeper/dynasty folks. 

man do i hope so. Get the f away from this stupid bs. 

(watch him go to the Jets)

Negative TD regression to the extreme. Everyone that said Rodgers was cooked coming into this year will say Jones was a flash in the pan. 

Love his value next year and hope he gets out of GB and whatever "Jamall Williams" is 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, cad300 said:

Negative TD regression to the extreme. Everyone that said Rodgers was cooked coming into this year will say Jones was a flash in the pan. 

Love his value next year and hope he gets out of GB and whatever "Jamall Williams" is 

He has 9 TDs this year. It's just that they've been very pass happy at the goal line in recent weeks. He's still going to finish the year with double digit TDs. That's not bad, at all. 

58 minutes ago, dsrich said:

Time for a huge week my friend. A 40 burger would be nice. 

Panthers have been inconsistent against the run this year. Overall, they've been decent, but they've given up some huge weeks. Jones feels like a true wild card this week. I'm hoping he's at least heavily involved in the passing game to keep his PPR floor high, but a 25-30 point week wouldn't surprise me at all.

2 hours ago, dsrich said:

Time for a huge week my friend. A 40 burger would be nice. 

I think those days are over unless he breaks a couple from 30+ yards out. Rodgers calls his own number too much now in the red zone. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

Panthers have been inconsistent against the run this year. Overall, they've been decent, but they've given up some huge weeks. Jones feels like a true wild card this week. I'm hoping he's at least heavily involved in the passing game to keep his PPR floor high, but a 25-30 point week wouldn't surprise me at all.

Panthers were awful against the run to start the season but they've actually been pretty good against it for the last month or so. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Panthers were awful against the run to start the season but they've actually been pretty good against it for the last month or so. 

The pass defense hasn't been great, so I'd think they will have to commit to slowing down Rodgers, which should help Jones.

3 hours ago, ajs723 said:

This cat isn't scoring 25-30 points on his 15 touches a game lol. He's very efficient but even still.

1 minute ago, MingusDew said:

This cat isn't scoring 25-30 points on his 15 touches a game lol. He's very efficient but even still.

100 total yards and 4 or 5 receptions is completely in play. That's over 20 points with a TD, nearly 30 with 2. 

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

100 total yards and 4 or 5 receptions is completely in play. That's over 20 points with a TD, nearly 30 with 2. 

I think it's unlikely he has another 2 TD game but could happen. I'm just considering the odds obviously. If he rips off an 80 yarder then you're golden. 

But he's difficult to trust on his current volume and lack of RZ usage.

1 minute ago, MingusDew said:

I think it's unlikely he has another 2 TD game but could happen. I'm just considering the odds obviously. If he rips off an 80 yarder then you're golden. 

But he's difficult to trust on his current volume and lack of RZ usage.

100% agree with this. Could always run one in from anywhere, but they don't run in close. Also has as good of a shot of any RB of catching a TD.

2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

The pass defense hasn't been great, so I'd think they will have to commit to slowing down Rodgers, which should help Jones.

maybe. or maybe their pass defense sucks regardless of what they do and Rodgers spends all day throwing the ball all over the field. I'd love to think Jones would get some of those targets but it seems GB has convinced themselves Williams is the receiving back for whatever stupid damn reason. I don't now. I'm probably going to start him because I need a high ceiling and he certainly has that, but I'm also preparing myself to lose by 5 after he puts up 4 total points on the weekend and sits out the 2nd half of a blowout.