Aaron Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I stopped reading here 

Suddenly lots of love in here. You mean we shouldn't be shying away because his team used a mid round pick (last pick of the second round) on a depth/insurance RB. I thought that was supposed to be th

Some people believe that their "RB1" has to be a "workhorse RB". But the trend of the workhorse RB as it used to be thought of, is getting close to extinct. I've looked up RB trends for Top 12 RB's (i

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Gotta think his days in GB are numbered, despite the cap room they have.

It's a double-edged sword for his dynasty value, but if he is able to get in the right spot it could be awesome for him too.

As a dynasty owner, I hope he’s out. There are definitely some situations he could go to that would be murky, but watching him in GB has grown beyond frustrating. I’ll roll the dice that he can land on like a Houston or even Arizona if Drake is gone. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

As a dynasty owner, I hope he’s out. There are definitely some situations he could go to that would be murky, but watching him in GB has grown beyond frustrating. I’ll roll the dice that he can land on like a Houston or even Arizona if Drake is gone. 

Not sure if I like Arizona for him because Kyler takes away running opportunities.  I was actually thinking he'd be SICK on the Steelers if they decide to run the ball a bit more.

11 minutes ago, matanp said:

Not sure if I like Arizona for him because Kyler takes away running opportunities.  I was actually thinking he'd be SICK on the Steelers if they decide to run the ball a bit more.

Dolphins are a dark horse for me. They're an up and coming offense that needs a RB. If they improve the O-line that could be a good spot.

Niners too. Mostert isn't young,  and he's always hurt. Coleman is done. McKinnon doesn't have much left. Imagine Jones as the lead back in that offense. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Dolphins are a dark horse for me. They're an up and coming offense that needs a RB. If they improve the O-line that could be a good spot.

Niners too. Mostert isn't young,  and he's always hurt. Coleman is done. McKinnon doesn't have much left. Imagine Jones as the lead back in that offense.

Hadn't thought about MIA, but that would be a great spot. I still really like HOU for him too, he is from that area and would pair great with Watson.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

A few websites/experts have him ranked as the RB1 or RB2 this week. Feels insane to me.

I’m a huge Aaron Jones fan and that is indeed absurd to have him ranked that high at this point. Just inside the top 10 seems about right. 

1 hour ago, MingusDew said:

A few websites/experts have him ranked as the RB1 or RB2 this week. Feels insane to me.

i'm buying it ... kid has one more insane point drop game in him, and i can feel it coming this Saturday - talkin' one of his 40 boigerz 🍔

theory of mine: ARod is feeling comfy in his MVP driver's seat, and wants to now show the National audience that he's not just stat whoring - i expect Jonesy to run for 3, with an easy 100+ on thr ground. 

🥑

🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀

🥦

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, MingusDew said:

I mean, the frustration factor is real, but he's still a 10 point PPR floor with a ceiling of a gazillion points. He's still definitely top 5 for me, probably top 3. 

42 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i'm buying it ... kid has one more insane point drop game in him, and i can feel it coming this Saturday - talkin' one of his 40 boigerz 🍔

theory of mine: ARod is feeling comfy in his MVP driver's seat, and wants to now show the National audience that he's not just stat whoring - i expect Jonesy to run for 3, with an easy 100+ on thr ground. 

🥑

🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀

🥦

That's just the thing - I'd be willing to bet that Jones doesnt get a red zone carry in this game. And judging based off the past 2 months, where the Packers have thrown for something like 28 out of 30 of their goal-to-go TDs, the bet would probably pay. And who's to say Jamaal Williams doesnt steal the short TD, if there is an opportunity, at that. 

Seems like there is more to this than simply preserving Jones for a playoff run. Whether its Rodgers aiming for an MVP bid, Rodgers being a little more selfish out of spite for the Love draft pick, or the Packers purposely hinting away from Jones either to see what Williams can do, or to avoid paying Jones as much in the event that they keep him, there is certainly something going on with the way that hes being used. People will point to his # of touches being high still, but he doesnt seem to be getting the money touches he used to, and the way hes being used in conjunction with Williams has changed. There have been multiple times where Jones goes entire quarters without registering a snap. Not a touch, but a snap.  And certainly 3 or 4 of his carries every game lately have been clock killing carries where the game is over and the defense knows you're running to kill time and would hold even Barry Sanders to no gain. Sure, Rodgers throws on 3rd down to Davante to ice the game, but on those 1st and 2nd downs the defense stacks the box to stop the obvious run. Makes it look like Jones got more touches in the game and lowers his perceived efficiency. It's almost like they're finding ways to devalue Jones with the way they're using him.

Now, I'm not saying that Jones has to be a TD monster. In fact the Packers should do whatever it is that helps them win actual football games. But they have been in some precarious situations in games, being tied or losing vs teams that have no business beating them, and often times Jones is no where to be found on the field. Then they plug Jones in for a run and he gains 8 on first down, or lines up in the slot and catches a ball to move the chains, etc. They look best and most dangerous with Jones on the field. The situation is very peculiar to me and I probably wouldnt have noticed if i didnt own him, but it doesnt pass the sniff test.

Edited by cbsholy
typos - typing on phone
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Whether its Rodgers aiming for an MVP bid, Rodgers being a little more selfish out of spite for the Love draft pick

My money is on the diva Rodgers being butthurt by the Love pick and him aiming for the MVP out of spite. 

This guy is hall of fame football tough but emotionally soft.

Jones wants to get paid, he even recently changed his agent: https://fansided.com/2020/12/14/aaron-jones-hiring-drew-rosenhaus-bad-sign-packers-contract-talks/

I don't think the Packers are dumb enough to think that limiting him will get them a cheaper contract ... he'll likely just leave.

The likeliest explanation is they are saving him for this year's playoff run. My suspicion is GB has already resolved to move on after this year.

Edited by LongBalls

One thing to add here is that the Packers have the best RZ efficiency in the league this year, so while part of it might be that Rodgers wants the stats, it's also clearly working. I'm a frustrated Jones owner too but I also watch the games every Sunday and they seem to score a TD every time the ball is in A-Rod's hands. I'm sure Jones would convert most of his opportunities when given the chance, but if no one can stop what they are currently doing then there isn't really a clear need to change things up. It also saves touches on Jones to keep him fresher for their playoff run...it's obvious they don't want him getting 20+ touches every week right now.

Yeah he has been frustrating to own this year, but I don’t see how he would be at the back end of the top 10 this week. He’s obviously under Henry, Cook, and Chubb, but who else are you confidently starting over Aaron Jones? He has always been a low snap % guy—even his 40 point blowup against the Lions came on under half the snaps. Just gotta hope he gets some looks in the red zone—hard to complain too much when he is averaging 18 touches over the last three games.

Edited by ilikepieman
23 minutes ago, matanp said:

HUGE game this week.  if we're lucky enough to make it to the championship matchup next week, he should be in for another huge game because Jamaal Williams left with a quad injury.  

Dude averages like 140 yards per game in games where he gets 20 plus touches. It's INSANE that this dude can't get bellcow work. If he's the guy next week, he will absolutely win a ton of leagues for people. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Dude averages like 140 yards per game in games where he gets 20 plus touches. It's INSANE that this dude can't get bellcow work. If he's the guy next week, he will absolutely win a ton of leagues for people. 

Can't edit, but meant carries, not touches. FWIW.