NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dats what "Fade" means, guys you will draft lower than their current/projected ADP

Buying = you would draft them slightly ahead of ADP, aka reach a little to get them   Fading = you would draft them lower than their ADP, aka if they fell to a price you like then youd take

He initially subluxed his shoulder in July and missed about 6 weeks. He returned but then dove for a ball and re-injured it in September. He underwent labral repair and the initial timeline had him se

38 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

I’ll start it off by saying I’m avoiding Luis Robert 

If his ADP keeps coming up hard to argue with that. He could be Acuna, he could be vlad jr. I will say speed usually translate to the MLB better then raw power at such a young age. 

25 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

Buy: Josh Bell, Nick Senzel, Hunter Dozier, Brandon Lowe, Luke Voit

Fade: Ketel Marte, Jose Altuve, Chris Sale, Clayton Kershaw, Josh Hader

You like senzel? I’m a little nervous about him. He is like a good at everything great at nothing kind of player. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, En Votto Veritas said:

Buy: Jose Ramirez, Blake Snell, Chris Sale, Luis Severino, Bo Bichette, Mike Soroka, Trey Mancini, Andrew Benintendi, Josh Donaldson, Zach Wheeler, Edwin Diaz.

Fade: Javy Baez, Keston Hiura, Fernando Tatis Jr, Jonathan Villar, Vlad Guerrero Jr, Luis Robert, Yuli Guerriel, Danny Santana.

I’d like Soroka on every team. He’s so young and is expect a big leap. I like Vlad jr as a bounce back guy. We know he has the talent. Just has to put it all together. 

Buy: Meadows, Albies, Nola, Jimenez, Muncy, Mancini, Benintendi (Last year has to be the floor, right?)

Fade: Tatis, Judge, Villar, Altuve, Goldschmidt, Glasnow (in QS leagues), Bell, Gurriel

A lot of people think it was a fluke, but Im buying.

DJ LeMahieu - 1B/2B/3B - NYY

5 D.J. LeMahieu, New York Yankees 
He’ll bat leadoff for the Yankees, a team that led the Majors in runs (943) and finished one homer behind the Twins (307 to 306) for the MLB lead last year. Another year of growth for Gleyber Torres and more health for guys like Giancarlo Stanton, Gary Sanchez, and Luke Voit only improve the outlook. He scored 109 runs last year, and the same number or more wouldn’t surprise me in 2020. He has a brilliant floor due to his low strikeout rate (13.7%) and 85.5% contact rate (14th-best in the MLB last year). Put differently, only eight qualified hitters had a lower swinging strike rate than LeMahieu’s 6.6% mark in 2019. And if you’re worried about the home runs evaporating, you need not be. Maybe he won’t hit 26 again, but 20 seems fair. LeMahieu’s 33.7% opposite field percentage ranked 3rd highest in the MLB in 2019, and that’s good news with that short right field porch. 
It also helps that his Statcast page is alllllllllllllll red (I watched Rounders last weekend, sue me). Last year, LeMahieu was 90th percentile or better in exit velocity, hard hit rate, outs above average, xwOBA, and xBA. The only two marks below that threshold were xSLG (88th) and sprint speed (47th). Put another way, LeMahieu’s 243 hard hit balls (95+ mph) ranked 2nd in the MLB behind only Rafael Devers (252). In short, you won’t get more than a handful of steals, but you’ll get everything else. He’s a floor play, and I like those plays quite a bit.

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, TheTruth024 said:

A lot of people think it was a fluke, but Im buying.

DJ LeMahieu - 1B/2B/3B - NYY

I didn’t wanna quote your entire post, but DJ May definitely be one of those guys everyone writes off that still just crushes his ADP. Plus he plays almost the whole infield which is a huge + 

I'm just going to stick around top 50 for the most part righ tnow. 

I'll be fading the top of the SPs-Cole,Degrom,JV,Max. Fading Strasburg as I dont trust his health enough to take him round 3. I will be ok taking Walker B,Clev,Jack F, Beiber, and Snell. I figure the latter grouping can be guys that can be top 3 SPs.

Buying-Lucas G,Paddock,Castilo,Corbin

Fading-Nola,Sale(yikes),Kershaw,Luis S,Morton

Fading-Nolan A to many trade rumors, Freeman not a fan of taking him early 2nd, Rendon career year new team no thanks, JD health, Judge health, Villar going to early, Jose A old.,Marte,Blackmon,Whit M,Stanton

Buying-FTjr,Joram,Albombso,Yordan A,Mondesi,Hiura,Marte,Vlad,Eloy,

Buying: Griffin Canning, Khris Davis, Manny Machado, Luis Severino, Trea Turner, Anthony DeSclafani, Dinelson Lamet, Zac Gallen (All should be safe high round picks or return huge value)

Fading: Astros players (feel the umpires are not going to be giving the Astros a lot of calls this season.)

15 minutes ago, B&F said:

Buying: Griffin Canning, Khris Davis, Manny Machado, Luis Severino, Trea Turner, Anthony DeSclafani, Dinelson Lamet, Zac Gallen (All should be safe high round picks or return huge value)

Fading: Astros players (feel the umpires are not going to be giving the Astros a lot of calls this season.)

I am buying Canning, Lamet and Gallen

Fading: Machado

Buys:  Seager, Meadows, Eloy, Conforto, Benintendi, Paddack, Giolito, Glasnow, Yandy Diaz, Olson

Fade: Baez, Blackmon, Morton, Voit, Hunter Dozier, Soler, Mondesi, the entire Reds pitching staff

• Like 2

There is not a single player I would put on an avoid list unless they are for sure missing the entire season.  I will avoid players based on their ADP but to completely discount a player is just an amateurish way to approach fantasy baseball.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

There is not a single player I would put on an avoid list unless they are for sure missing the entire season.  I will avoid players based on their ADP but to completely discount a player is just an amateurish way to approach fantasy baseball.

Dats what "Fade" means, guys you will draft lower than their current/projected ADP

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Fade: 
Altuve - some signs of wear the last year or two and the scandal could hang over his head
Villar - his floor in that park/lineup is 1-2 category contributor. Not worth the risk. In leagues that count K's he's a potential anchor.
Stanton - Durability questions
Judge - Durability questions
Strasburg - Durability questions
Sale - Durability questions
Blackmon - Getting older and could potentially be moved from COL at the break
K.Marte - 1 year wonder ?
Semien - 1 year wonder ?
Verlander - He's gotta get old at some point, right ?
Bumgarner - seemed less effective last year and moves from pitchers park to hitters park (5.29 ERA on the road last year)

Buy: 
Devers  
Flaherty 
Clevinger 
G.Torres 
Albies 
Meadows 
Suarez 
Hiura
Bichette 
Glasnow 
Berrios
Gallen
Dahl

18 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

I’d like Soroka on every team. He’s so young and is expect a big leap. I like Vlad jr as a bounce back guy. We know he has the talent. Just has to put it all together. 

how could you possibly expect a big leap from Soroka??? what will he be when he makes this leap? prime Pedro Martinez? prime Nolan Ryan? that's pretty ridiculous.

• Haha 1

Regarding Strasburg's perceived injury proneness, I've come around on the theory that all pitchers are injury prone to a degree so I just accept it and don't factor it in my rankings. Now there's a few guys that are scary if they put off a needed surgery or consistently miss time every year(Ryu/Hill), but Strasburg has averaged 187 IP over the last three years(including postseason). He's also not throwing 96/97 anymore, which should be a little easier on the arm. 

Buying = you would draft them slightly ahead of ADP, aka reach a little to get them

Fading = you would draft them lower than their ADP, aka if they fell to a price you like then youd take them

this isn't a do not draft thread/list, seems a bit of confusion for some so figured id lay it out

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1