NBC Sports Edge Forums

Which 4 to keep? 10 team H2H Points

H2H Points -10 Team Keeper:

Our players have always kept the original round that they were drafted in or picked up as FA’s(last round) so this will help revalue the players. For instance, Trout is still a 25th round keeper from originally being picked up as a FA years ago. This needed to change. We are changing the rules to allow for only 4 keepers(was 6) and we have to assign 1-4 year contracts on them. We could previously keep them forever. I need to pick 4 from this list. Player and keeper round.

Ronald Acuna 6th

Rafael Devers 8th

T.Turner 25th

Yordan Alvarez 25th

Juan Soto 25th

Javier Baez 15th

Pete Alonso 21st

Vlad Guerrero Jr 25th

Carlos Correa 25th

Bo Bichette 25th

My choice right now is: Acuna, Soto, Baez, Devers or Turner.

Edited by laracco

Acuna for sure.  Gotta keep a top 3 overall player in the game.  Then it comes down to value for me.  No way I keep Baez in 15th over Turner, Soto, Vlad, or even Alonso who have much later round designations.  So for me personally, I would keep:

1.  Turner - Insane value

2.  Soto - See above

3.  Vlad Jr - Only because it is keep forever.  If the rules do change and you cant keep him forever, I would go with Alvarez.

35 minutes ago, TheTruth024 said:

Acuna for sure.  Gotta keep a top 3 overall player in the game.  Then it comes down to value for me.  No way I keep Baez in 15th over Turner, Soto, Vlad, or even Alonso who have much later round designations.  So for me personally, I would keep:

1.  Turner - Insane value

2.  Soto - See above

3.  Vlad Jr - Only because it is keep forever.  If the rules do change and you cant keep him forever, I would go with Alvarez.

The rules are going from keep forever to 1-4 yr contracts. Acuna and Soto will be getting 4 yr contracts for sure. 

6 minutes ago, laracco said:

The rules are going from keep forever to 1-4 yr contracts. Acuna and Soto will be getting 4 yr contracts for sure. 

Turner still a lock for me.  He should be given a 4 year contract.  I still go with Vlad Jr.  He was the first ever to get the 80 grade on hit tool, and remember the insane hype going into 2019 season?  Way too early to give up on that, especially if you get to keep him this year and possibly 3-4 more.  Its a 25th round pick for a guy who would probably still be picked in the top 50 or so in redraft due to immense upside.  Baez is not as good as his 2018 season.  He just K's too much and doesnt have the discipline IMO.  Hes a good player, but Vlad Jr still has the chance to be ELITE.  Take the plunge and gamble

Edited by TheTruth024

I'd go with Acuña, Soto, Turner and Vlad as well. Acuña and Turner will give you an advantage in SB which are becoming more difficult to find. The power of Vlad and Soto along with Acuña getting 30+ also gives you a great skillet to build around. Baez to me is good but the value of the others us just better imo.