NBC Sports Edge Forums

Experienced Owner, Looking for Great League

I've been playing for over 15 years. I'm looking for a really great league where all owners are active and trying to trade on a weekly basis. I'm tired of leagues where only half the people are into it. Email or message me with details about what makes your league special. 

I've been running a keeper league that is going into its 4th season that every league member has been proud to be of.  The initial league took me the better part of a year to get set up and running right and now I'm opening a second league in order to let more people get in on the fun.  This league offers:

25 man MLB rosters (Head to Head format)

7-10 keeper declaration

25 man MiLB rosters

Offline Auction Drafting (after initial season)

7 round MiLB draft (after initial season)

MiLB callups get 3 years "arbitration" free keeper seasons

Ability for teams to trade up to 1 year of assets

This league is a long term commitment.  Due to the amount of flexibility involved in team development, I only ask those that intend to play long term to apply for this league.  This league will use Proboards for all administrative and off-season activities and use Yahoo for league play.  Feel free to email me at "sgtallen@yahoo.com" if you have any questions regarding the league.

I run an 18 team league with a $1000 entry fee per team

BUZZ'S FANTASY BASEBALL LEAGUE

WE DON'T TRADE FOR FUN. 

The competition is challenging and winning is rewarding.

I run a great league. 

edbuzz261@gmail.com

On 1/20/2020 at 11:06 PM, Coach P said:
Wondering if you are still looking for a Dynasty League? If so I have 2 openings and am in need of an owner.
CBS Sports is the media
Entry fee $125
head to head matchup with 4 teams per week 20 week schedule

if interested I posted about looking for one owner to an active AMONLY league with a live draft in Long Island...league is over 30 years old and its pretty active.....$350 for the year 10 team 5 x5  no reserves....moves 2x a week....23 players....cbs is the site we use--if interested try me at easygoer73@aol.com

Mickey

I have started a new NL-Only keeper/dynasty league in the same style as another mixed league that I run. It has been very fun and I think this will be the same.

The basics: New NL-Only Keeper/Dynasty League - $100 entry. Top 3 places pay out. Communication on Slack.

Rosters: C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 5 OF, 2 UT, 10 P.... 3 Bench, 2 DL, max of 7 minors

Drafts: 4 round minors slow draft beginning in Mid-late February. MLB Auction date to be set for 3/7 at 9:00 a.m. CST. ($300 budget to fill out roster)

Keepers: Owners may carry forward 15 MLB keepers into each season along with up to 7 eligible minors players.

Contracts: 3 years upon drafting. Can extend going into 3rd year for $5 for each additional year.
Scoring: 5x5 Roto - AVG, R, RBI, HR, SB - ERA, WHIP, W, K, SV+HLD

We currently have 2 of 10 spots filled (my father and I).

Team names will be minor league affiliate names of NL teams. I am the Iowa Cubs (CHI). My dad is the El Paso Chihuahuas (SD).

For a full rundown of our league rules, visit the following link. http://bit.ly/NLonions

If you have any questions, please email me at blakemiller90133@gmail.com or DM me on here.

On 1/20/2020 at 11:06 PM, Coach P said:

I've been playing for over 15 years. I'm looking for a really great league where all owners are active and trying to trade on a weekly basis. I'm tired of leagues where only half the people are into it. Email or message me with details about what makes your league special. 

I’m starting a new league and I’m really excited about it. It’s got some interesting new twists designed to keep owners involved. I’ve already got three active and committed owners on board. Email me at john.wm.dalton@gmail.com if you want the Constitution 

Email 

• 2 weeks later...

Free Yahoo league -

We are looking for active GM's whom like to build the best fantasy baseball team to compete weekly.

We are a 12 team, 4 player keeper league,going into its 6th season.

Our only requirement :

Most importantly, someone who will compete daily and is always being proactive to find ways to improve their squad, either in the short-term or long-term. 

If you just like setting a lineup and don't enjoy talking trades, or general baseball chat with fellow GM's on a daily basis, this league is not for you.

Looking for a owner that doesn't mind taking over a fallen team and building it right back up, (might not be the case if you join). 

If you don't mind building , then that shows us you are in it to win it. 

If your are interested, let me know and I can provide you a lineup of your team and the league settings.

Please provide contact email. 

Hey Coach: Taking the extra base is an re-draft ESPN based 14 team $100 entry league. BA, HR, R, RBI, SB, W, K, ERA, WHIP, SAVES. Redraft, daily settings, 28 player rosters C-2, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, MI, CI OF-5, U-1, PITCHERS-9, 3-IL.For more info you can reach out to me (Ward) here, or the commish at: lostwaz@yahoo.com

Established in 1986, the Ontario Lakeside Baseball Club (OLBC) is one of the oldest running Rotisserie Baseball Leagues in upstate NY (Rochester, NY). This highly competitive 12 team league boasts an auction draft (260 credit budget) with no limits on keepers, the ability to sign long term contracts, draft minor leaguers, make trades, and more. It is an AL only 5x5 Rotisserie League using CBS Sportsline.com website and includes an entry fee of $150. We are looking for an enthusiastic baseball fan who keeps roster up to date, responds to trade offers, and is active year round. Lmk.

Brad

Edited by BradleyT16
On 2/4/2020 at 12:17 PM, KGAND said:
Free Yahoo League:
Looking for active GMs whom have no quit and who are baseball savvy to take on any challenge presented from the start of joining the league till the championship is decided and do it again the next season is what we are looking for. Someone not afraid to keep the lines of trade communications open and never look for a reason to shut the door. Be creative and don't think 2 dimensional. 

If you truly enjoy Draft Day and Moneyball movies then this may be a league for you.

This is a 12 team Head to Head -  4 player keeper league
(No keeper year limit).
-It is a head to head category scoring league.
-Unlimited add-drop
- Daily move

Categories are:
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Total Bases (TB), Batting Average (AVG), 
On-base Percentage (OBP)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Nine Innings (K/9),
Quality Starts (QS), Saves + Holds (SV+H)

Are you up to the challenge?
Dedicated to their team GM only apply.
No mid-season quitters or someone who is in too many other leagues to be able to provide the attention needed for this league.

Please provide your contact email if you interested. 

Hey Coach,

We have an orphaned team in my league. It's a 16 team H2H points keeper league. We keep 20 minors/20 majors. The rest get thrown into the draft pool before the season along with the First Year Players. Buy-in with website fee is $88 on cbssportsline. It's actually a pretty good team. It has some solid major leaguers, but the minors need a little bit of work maybe. Some names on the roster are:

Alex Bregman

Giancarlo Stanton

Javier Baez

Yoan Moncada

Nick Castellanos

Miguel Andujar

Luis Severino

Yu Darvish

Griffin Canning

Matthew Liberatore

Hunter Greene

The team comes with the #2 pick in the FYPD as well and it's a not-snaking draft. The league has been in operation since 2013. 

Are you looking for a money league? I have one on Yahoo. $250 to enter. 5x5 roto daily. All $ held on league Safe and paid out. Winner gets $2,000. Second gets $750. Third gets $250. 
We need a 12th manager. Can you pay immediately? If so, I will lock the league and set the draft order. bs_1027@yahoo.com.
Here is the link:
https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/257/invitation?key=c0048b7f40a8c79d&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=84277a5a1619c931

Send me an email and I will shoot you the LeagueSafe link.

New league starting up on Fantrax - $75 - keepers - minors - 16 teams - categories - top 5 playoff finishers paid 

Rules Page: https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/leagueRulesSummary.go?leagueId=ymz3u7fkk1rywvac

Quick Join Link: https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/joinLeague.go?leagueId=ymz3u7fkk1rywvac&isSubmit=y

email fantasysports@perdueartworks.com with any questions

Leave/send me your email if interested (might help if you let me know why you’d be a good fit for our league)… melsh_editing@yahoo.com
Initiating a deep 16-20 team 1st year Yahoo! Dynasty league to include prospects. 6x6 Head-to-Head 6 playoff team league with 26-player MLB roster and a 10-player Minor League roster (NA slots) the inaugural season that expands yearly by 5 until ~25 MiLB roster limit is reached.   

Also searching for 1 or 2 strong co-commissioners, as needed, to work with for the logistics of building a sustainable and enjoyable league. Please request to join only if you are committed to promoting competitive enjoyment (active & friendly = no drama).  
Slow draft (8 or 12 hour time limit) to begin as soon as team ownership is on solid foundation, but not prior to Feb 22nd.   

Rosters:  
C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, , MI, CI, LF, CF, RF, OF, DH 
SP x3, RP x4, P x1 
BENCH x6
IL x3+
NA x10+

Scoring:
Yahoo! head-to-head 6x6 scoring system:
Hitting: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS 
Pitching: W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

Any questions? Are you interested?

Have no idea if you've signed-on with anyone, but if not, yes, we are a "new" league that is basically a reboot of my 32-seasons Lou Piniella League.  Including myself and my son, of the five holdovers who are moving-on and starting at scratch, I've already signed two new owners and have two more considering it.  My ultimate goal is to play with a minimum of ten and a max of 14.  Here are the particulars:

(Note:  Rules are under review with final version due shortly.  Those rules in red are either under review or have been changed since end of '19 season.))

Constitution of the Lou Piniella League est. 1988 (To be Effective 2020 Season)

Rich Murphy Sr., Commissioner   Rich Murphy Jr., Deputy Commissioner

Section I

Fees, Prize Monies

One-time fee of $ 200.  Prize Monies:  1st to 4th place. League fees, minus expenses, held by "PayPal".

Statistics

Standings and statistics are compiled by CBSsports.com.

Highest point totals accrued through 162‐game MLB schedule determines League Champion.  Games played to break ties beyond Game # 162 will not count. Tie‐breakers: 1.) Categories won head‐to‐head and 2.) Batting Average.

Rosters and Eligibility                                                                                           

Composition: Twenty‐six (26) players - Fifteen (15) hitters - one each at C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS; CO INF, MID INF, three (3) DH/UTIL, and five OF. Eleven (11) pitchers ‐ five (5) starters min., eight (8) max., three (3) relievers min., six (6) max.

Any hitter is eligible at DH/UTIL; hitters who only qualify at DH/UTIL are limited to DH/UTIL.

Position Eligibility: 1.) Draft Day – hitters, twenty (20) games in prior season. Otherwise, where majority of games were played. Pitchers, 20 GS, or else majority as starter or reliever.  2.) In‐Season ‐ five (5) games for both.  

Position to position moves allowed without restriction; five (5) game minimum applies.

Players drafted in Rounds 1 – 20, whether on MLB or MiLB rosters may be carried on active roster.

RDs 30 - 31.  Excludes unsigned Japanese, other foreign league players, undrafted high school and college players.

Minor Leaguer Eligibility: based on MLB Rookie of the Year qualifications. 1. Position players - less than 130 at‐bats in prior season. 2. Pitchers - less than 50 IP in prior season.

Scoring Categories (6 X 5)                                                                                        

1.) Hitting ‐ Average, Home Runs, RBI, Total Bases + Walks + Hit by Pitch, Runs and Net Stolen Bases.  2.) Pitching ‐ Net Wins, Net Saves + Holds, ERA, Ratio and Ks.  Points awarded on a highest to lowest, equal weight basis.

Section II

The Draft and Picks

Date: Held on Saturday, March 21st, 2020.

Number of Rounds: Total – Thirty-one (31) with Rounds 30 and 31 to select Farm/Minor League players.)

Farm players may be activated, reserved or traded without restriction.  Players who continue to meet ROY qualifications at season-end may be retained for following season, traded, or returned to free agent pool.

The Minor Leaguer draft picks (Rounds 30 and 31) may be traded like any other pick.

“Aroldis Chapman Rule”: Players under suspension at start of season who are drafted, must remain on active roster for duration of suspension.

Draft order: Reverse order of prior season's final standings, modified by off‐season trades.

Trading of draft picks: Picks may be traded in‐season from approximately May 15th to approximately August 15th, and in the offseason during ten-day Winter Trade Period (WTP,) commencing on the first Monday in February.

Multiple‐Pick Rounds: Rounds 1 – 10, limited to maximum of five (5) and from Round 11 on, no limit.

Trade-balancing Picks: cannot exceed two (2) in any round; additional inherited picks are moved to nearest preceding round with fewer than two inherited picks.

Upon conclusion of WTP, at which time submission of keepers is due, all multiple-pick rounds must not exceed five (5) and multiple picks, two (2).

Keepers

Number: Five (5) per team.  Injured players: 1.) Players declared as keepers who will start season on D.L., can be replaced on Opening Day.

Free Agents                                                                                            

Priority: Awarded as follows:  1.) D.L.‐replacements, one free agent per team, last place team first. 2.)  Odd‐man trade replacements, and 3) FA claims, awarded same as 1.)

Alternate Choices: Insufficient lists of names will result in roster with open slot(s) until filled.

Weekly Limit: two (2) per team.  Effective Week 23-25, one (1) FA move per week. Week 26, rosters are frozen. D.L.-related and trade filler pick-ups do not count against weekly limit.

Trades

All trades must be announced via e‐mail to entire League. Trades become official after one owner announces trade and second owner confirms it. Trades are made with "caveat emptor" understanding. Disputed trades are subject to review. Trades are permissible from approximately May 15th to August 15th and during ten-day February WTP.      

Farm players who are traded may be replaced by another eligible Minor Leaguer. Players who lose ROY eligibility must be activated or dropped to FA pool, and may no longer occupy Farm slot.

Transaction Deadlines

Sunday Free Agent moves: 10 p.m., ET.  Daily D.L. activation moves: addressed in order received, and effective same day if time-stamped prior to first pitch of affected player’s MLB game; if received later, move is effective next day. Daily trades: effective same day, if announced, confirmed, and all involved players' games have not begun. Otherwise, effective date will be next day.  FA roster “fillers” resulting from odd‐man deals: awarded upon trade confirmation.

Disabled List

Eligibility: Players placed on MLB disabled list.  Players do not have to be activated by MLB club as a prerequisite to being activated by LPL owner.  Players who are injured post-draft and will begin season on the D.L., are eligible to be replaced prior to Opening Day on a first-come, first-served basis.

Suspensions/Paternity Leave                                                                                                       

Players suspended for 50-plus games (PED-related use) may be immediately reserved and activated upon being added to MLB roster.  Players suspended for MLB or team disciplinary reasons do not merit “reserve” privileges. Players placed on Paternity Leave may be reserved, but period on LPL Reserve must be for minimum of seven (7) days, regardless of when player is activated by MLB team.

Date:  2 - 11 - 20

==============================================================================================================================

If you've already chosen a league, good luck!  If not, my guys LOVE TO MOVE THE FLESH.  You'll have a good time.

Regards,

Rich Murphy

Commissioner, LPL II

• 2 weeks later...

We have a free Yahoo NL-only keeper league with competitive owners who remain engaged all year: https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/44237. May keep up to seven players from last season. Traditional 5x5 roto categories plus OPS and QS. Nine-man lineup and 1200 innings pitchers limit. Live draft evening of March 23; keeper lock a week before.

Need two new owners; one of the teams has Soto and Flaherty.