NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He had a scheduled workout with the Saints but one party backed out or something? I vaguely remember it. Coaches and GMs have no morals though so I'm sure they would re-visit it if they felt their situation was dire enough.

IDK why Houston isn't courting him or the Eagles.

Both teams with good QBs and no WRs.

All I've ever heard was the Saints told him to not bring an entourage to the workout, and you can probably guess what AB decided to show up with anyway. Apparently AB also bashed the organization, Sean Payton and even Taysom Hill on the way out; I have it on good authority (i.e., multiple sources per Chris Broussard) that the last part was the deal-breaker.

Edited by Vendetta
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know what guys, ignore Schefter—what the fook does that guy know? We need to be listening to a guy with real credibility: Tomei7. 

Godwin broke his own finger to save face before his imminent job loss.  Understandable.

Who cares zigzag. Tonight we are smoking fattys

Posted Images

I suppose if you have the space on your bench, why not pick up Brown.  Me personally though, I just don't see him succeeding.  At least not this year.  He's eligible to start practicing in two weeks.  We have no idea what kind of shape he's in and how long it will take him to acclimate to the team's system. I just think once you pick him up, you will feel obligated to hold him for a long while just to even see if there's anything there.  On top of that, if does go to Seattle... he's got Lockett and Metcalf in front of him along with all the other obstacles mentioned and not.  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

I suppose if you have the space on your bench, why not pick up Brown.  Me personally though, I just don't see him succeeding.  At least not this year.  He's eligible to start practicing in two weeks.  We have no idea what kind of shape he's in and how long it will take him to acclimate to the team's system. I just think once you pick him up, you will feel obligated to hold him for a long while just to even see if there's anything there.  On top of that, if does go to Seattle... he's got Lockett and Metcalf in front of him along with all the other obstacles mentioned and not.  

Talent works itself out, unless you are mo-allie and play behind doyle and hurton...see what I did there..

Man putting all the drama in this thread aside can you imagine the Seattle offense lol. From a football standpoint what can’t they do. Defense is suspect but you can’t  double any of those guys. I personally think DK is a beast and a future top 12 pick but man single coverage all over the place. 

1 minute ago, rasto21585 said:

If he does end up on the seahawks, when is the earliest we can see him play? Week 9 maybe?

Maybe but no matter where I wouldn’t expect a lot of play for at least 2 weeks. Just my opinion. Unless an injury happens. 

1 minute ago, rasto21585 said:

If he does end up on the seahawks, when is the earliest we can see him play? Week 9 maybe?

I think Covid rules would prevent him joining the team right away so probably not until week 10

4 minutes ago, Boozted said:

I think Covid rules would prevent him joining the team right away so probably not until week 10

Same situation I’d assume as when bell signed in kc and he only missed one game 

Edited by UcanTry
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Boozted said:

He can’t start to practice until he tests negative for 5 straight days and then tests negative on the 6th day with a point of contact test.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, KidDynamite420 said:

I can divide the parties participating in the AB potential return discussion into two main groups:

A. Those who didn't pick him up off the waiver

B. Those who did

If we switched party A with party B, the opinions would switch also. Have you're opinion on whether he gets signed or not, but for those saying he won't produce just stfu. There's a reason teams are going to take the risk, and it's not for lifestyle tips.

OK gatekeeper

8 hours ago, Vendetta said:

All I've ever heard was the Saints told him to not bring an entourage to the workout, and you can probably guess what AB decided to show up with anyway. Apparently AB also bashed the organization, Sean Payton and even Taysom Hill on the way out; I have it on good authority (i.e., multiple sources per Chris Broussard) that the last part was the deal-breaker.

Sean Payton probably had to resist breaking out his dueling pistols over the Taysom Hill besmirchment.