NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

7 hours ago, 0-5 said:

So is AB a hold or would you look to trade him for an RB1-high rb2 type. 

Higher-end RB2 or in a package with another player for a clear upgrade at a position is when I'd start considering trading AB, but I'm a fairly big believer in the talent and opportunity here. I'd rather gamble on him showing people he's still the same player on the field vs. selling him for less than at least high-end WR2 value, knowing that there's a chance he pans out to be far less than that due to off-field behavior or whatever else.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know what guys, ignore Schefter—what the fook does that guy know? We need to be listening to a guy with real credibility: Tomei7. 

Godwin broke his own finger to save face before his imminent job loss.  Understandable.

Who cares zigzag. Tonight we are smoking fattys

Posted Images

Bucs coach Bruce Arians said WR Antonio Brown will be "ready to go" for Week 9 against the Saints.

Arians adds that Brown "looks fantastic" and is already participating in meetings and strength work. The Bucs are considered one of the top teams in the NFL through seven weeks of the season, but adding a volatile ingredient like Brown to a currently well-designed recipe will either hurt the final product or act as the missing piece, helping it reach its best form. Chris Godwin has been ruled out for Week 8 with a broken finger, so if his Week 9 status is in doubt Brown could be instantly in line for a significant role.

• Like 5

Will be in my WR1 roster slot week 9 and beyond. Brady will def be peppering him. Tom basically made the Bucs sign him. Tom wont let that signing be for nothing and is his new go-to wr.

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Will be in my WR1 roster slot week 9 and beyond. Brady will def be peppering him. Tom basically made the Bucs sign him. Tom wont let that signing be for nothing and is his new go-to wr.

Same plan here on 5 of 8 teams.

Brady was 100% responsible for AB in Tampa.

In a candid moment earlier before the season Arians flat out stated he would not want AB on his team. 

Combine that with Bradys noticeable infatuation with AB and it's obvious who brought him to Tampa.

Maybe years down the road AB will tell the truth but it seems obvious he forced his way out of Pittsburgh  and forced his release from the Raiders so he could sign with Brady in NE. ABs antics caught up with him and NE released him but the love affair between Brady and AB was and still is obvious. I'd just love to know if Brady knew what ABs plan was all along. Their bromance seems to strong for Brady to not have some knowledge of what AB was doing by forcing his way out of Pitt and making the Raiders release him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You almost have to wonder if calling AB the “insurance policy” is a way to assuage the egos of his current pass catchers. Typically you aren’t buying insurance when you already have damages you need covered—in this case the whole premise of them bringing in Mr. Big Chest is because the rest of these scrubs can’t stay healthy. It’s insurance that you are already cashing in before you make your first deductible. Hmm, okay. And then Arians says emphatically that AB is going to be ready for week 9.

More likely? Arians knows he just hit the jackpot picking up the best WR in the league for next to nothing, but he doesn’t need his relatives (his players) calling him worried about their own standing after he (and the organization) just came into a windfall. The reality is that Evans is playing on one leg, Godwin is made of glass, and Scotty Miller should be bagging groceries. AB is a literal cheat code. The Bucs are in a shootout with every team in the league on their quest for a Super Bowl and Arians just stumbled upon the button combination for unlimited ammo. But you still need those other receivers to take pressure away from AB as a third/fourth option after you give Mr. Big Chest your first two looks (check if he’s open, pump fake, check again). And maybe you throw the three stooges a target or two when they are really, really, open, and hope they don’t pull a hammy or snap a bone on their catch attempt, but in his heart of hearts Arians knows it’s the AB show. He just can’t come out and say it. 

He’s insurance like the kind of life insurance you buy right before you’re telling the cops “It’s crazy, one minute everything was fine and the next thing I know she’s just toppling down the stairs.” And in Arians’ mind are champagne dreams, caviar wishes, and AB doing his end zone dance while Tom is trotting down the field with a ****-eating grin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
29 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

You almost have to wonder if calling AB the “insurance policy” is a way to assuage the egos of his current pass catchers. Typically you aren’t buying insurance when you already have damages you need covered—in this case the whole premise of them bringing in Mr. Big Chest is because the rest of these scrubs can’t stay healthy. It’s insurance that you are already cashing in before you make your first deductible. Hmm, okay. And then Arians says emphatically that AB is going to be ready for week 9.

More likely? Arians knows he just hit the jackpot picking up the best WR in the league for next to nothing, but he doesn’t need his relatives (his players) calling him worried about their own standing after he (and the organization) just came into a windfall. The reality is that Evans is playing on one leg, Godwin is made of glass, and Scotty Miller should be bagging groceries. AB is a literal cheat code. The Bucs are in a shootout with every team in the league on their quest for a Super Bowl and Arians just stumbled upon the button combination for unlimited ammo. But you still need those other receivers to take pressure away from AB as a third/fourth option after you give Mr. Big Chest your first two looks (check if he’s open, pump fake, check again). And maybe you throw the three stooges a target or two when they are really, really, open, and hope they don’t pull a hammy or snap a bone on their catch attempt, but in his heart of hearts Arians knows it’s the AB show. He just can’t come out and say it. 

He’s insurance like the kind of life insurance you buy right before you’re telling the cops “It’s crazy, one minute everything was fine and the next thing I know she’s just toppling down the stairs.” And in Arians’ mind are champagne dreams, caviar wishes, and AB doing his end zone dance while Tom is trotting down the field with a ****-eating grin. 

Nintendo nes GIF on GIFER - by Agamajurus

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
35 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Of course he looked fantastic! AB trains hard day in and day out. 

ABs conditioning is never in question, he's one of the hardest working dudes in the league. His mental state may not be there but physically he's still in his prime.

29 minutes ago, Klientel said:

ABs conditioning is never in question, he's one of the hardest working dudes in the league. His mental state may not be there but physically he's still in his prime.

This is the main thing I don't understand from the AB detractors.  Yes, AB has been acting nuts the past few years if not longer.  Yes, there are questions about if he'll stay calm.  There are plenty of legal questions and questions about whether he'll actually play all of this year.  I can even understand questions about his snap %.  But he's a physical freak.  The concern about him BEinG 32 YeArs OLd doesn't really bother me.

Edited by ZappB
  • Haha 1
On 10/27/2020 at 6:33 PM, KING 3 said:

Yup. I traded Tampa D and Henry Ruggs for him the day after he signed with TB. 14 team, half ppr...

I think that’s worth the risk. His connection with Tom is real. He’s coming back on Sunday night football. Tom is gonna feed that man and show him off the rest of the season. 

Evans clearly doesn’t have Tom’s trust and is running around on 1 leg. 

Godwin has been in and out of the lineup with his own injuries as well. Good, but unreliable at the moment. 

AB has the most talent and runs the best routes. It’s AB time. If he’s on that field with Tom throwing the ball, he’s gonna put up WR1 numbers. 

Get AB now while the price is low...

I agree. In a dynasty where I'm trying to build for the future I took him for the sole purpose of trading him. I'd consider any offer that helps me do that - while also hoping he clicks, which would make Sundays a bit more fun in the meantime.

9 hours ago, AnchorDown said:

I'm going to say there's a basically 0% chance that AB is a top 5 WR ROS let alone the best WR.

He will likely end as the 3rd best WR on his own team.

Edited by Rotocious
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I wonder if he got offered more money to play for the Seahawks or Saints?  Michael Thomas and Antonio Brown would likely get along famously if they ever become teammates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Is there even a chance he plays out the season? Roger could halt the process and drop the hammer at any time due to the open case of “allegations” right?

Whether the answer is yes or no, what is the question trying to achieve?

32 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Is there even a chance he plays out the season?

Yes.

32 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Roger could halt the process and drop the hammer at any time due to the open case of “allegations” right?

Yes (though his behavior and the allegations are why he's suspended right now due to violation of personal conduct policy, so Goodell would need to justify why the behavior deserves more games now).

Edited by vercrazy
4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I wonder if he got offered more money to play for the Seahawks or Saints?  Michael Thomas and Antonio Brown would likely get along famously if they ever become teammates.

What a mouthy pillow fight that would be.

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Is there even a chance he plays out the season? Roger could halt the process and drop the hammer at any time due to the open case of “allegations” right?

Highly probable - Goodell has already issued his discipline, taking into account all present allegations, none of which will be settled before the end of the season.

14 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Highly probable - Goodell has already issued his discipline, taking into account all present allegations, none of which will be settled before the end of the season.

Highly probable unless Brown does something new.  Like, I don't know...

Gets his feet frozen in a cryochamber

Throws a fit over not being able to wear his helmet from the 90s

Calls his GM a cracker

Sends threatening texts to witnesses

Hurls furniture off of a balcony

Assaults a moving truck guy

Knocks over one of his numerous baby mommas

Goes on a tirade against police officers and publishes it on social media

Stiffs his long time personal trainer by not paying him

Stiffs his new female personal trainer in a different way

Screams on the sideline about not getting enough passes thrown his way

Skips meetings, practices and walkthroughs

Exposes himself to women he "hires" to paint murals in his home

Comments on an ongoing criminal investigation involving the owner for which all charges are eventually dismissed

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
10 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Highly probable unless Brown does something new.  Like, I don't know...

Gets his feet frozen in a cryochamber

Throws a fit over not being able to wear his helmet from the 90s

Calls his GM a cracker

Sends threatening texts to witnesses

Hurls furniture off of a balcony

Assaults a moving truck guy

Knocks over one of his numerous baby mommas

Goes on a tirade against police officers and publishes it on social media

Stiffs his long time personal trainer by not paying him

Stiffs his new female personal trainer in a different way

Screams on the sideline about not getting enough passes thrown his way

Skips meetings, practices and walkthroughs

Exposes himself to women he "hires" to paint murals in his home

Comments on an ongoing criminal investigation involving the owner for which all charges are eventually dismissed

Tom Brady still wanted this bad mofo to throw the ball to.

Man, if that don't tell you Brady is on AB's sack, I don't know what would.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1