NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know what guys, ignore Schefter—what the fook does that guy know? We need to be listening to a guy with real credibility: Tomei7. 

Godwin broke his own finger to save face before his imminent job loss.  Understandable.

Who cares zigzag. Tonight we are smoking fattys

Posted Images

Ok... I own Evans in one league and AB in another. I was in here hating on AB because of my affiliation with Evans. Truth is, AB is about to blow the duck up. You can see it in Brady's eyes. After every incomplete pass, every sack, every short gain, he can't wait for AB to hit the field. And honestly, neither can I. I hope this guy destroys the league. A legit congrats to all who were fortunate enough to grab him for NOTHING. I look forward to watching this guy score points for me. Evans and Brady just don't have it. Time to come to terms with that. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Damn.... Might as well grab my nuts and do it to. How DHC (DerrickHenrysCleats) rolls I roll. 

I don't see him getting less than 6 targets in his return, I could see a similar line to what he had with TB in NE in their first game together for Brady and AB. 8 targets, 4 catches for 50+ yards and a TD, 1 rushing attempt for 8 yards. 14-17 ppr points.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 2

As I said in the Evans thread...Same opinion I had going into the season and nothing has changed it:

I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised by Evan's usage in a Brady led offense. At this point of Brady's career especially, he would prefer funneling the offense through the middle of the field churning yardage rather than outside the numbers (where Evans typically operates). For fantasy purposes, IMO Evans is better suited with a QB who is going to chuck the ball downfield in lower percentage throws rather than the high percentage shorter, middle of the field throws.

Evans is going to have some blowup games and get TDs but he is definitely NOT the type of WR that Brady (at this point in his career) is going to give 10-12 targets to every game.

AB however, IS the exact type of WR to thrive in a Brady lead offense and he is about to absolutely EAT. They are going to try to make a point so I am absolutely firing him up in his first game back and likely every game that he plays.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

As I said in the Evans thread...Same opinion I had going into the season and nothing has changed it:

I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised by Evan's usage in a Brady led offense. At this point of Brady's career especially, he would prefer funneling the offense through the middle of the field churning yardage rather than outside the numbers (where Evans typically operates). For fantasy purposes, IMO Evans is better suited with a QB who is going to chuck the ball downfield in lower percentage throws rather than the high percentage shorter, middle of the field throws.

Evans is going to have some blowup games and get TDs but he is definitely NOT the type of WR that Brady (at this point in his career) is going to give 10-12 targets to every game.

AB however, IS the exact type of WR to thrive in a Brady lead offense and he is about to absolutely EAT. They are going to try to make a point so I am absolutely firing him up in his first game back and likely every game that he plays.

I really think AB joining will actually help Evans.. sure he might not get the 1-5 yard passes any more that hes been getting but it will open the field up a bit more for him, defenses will need to respect Godwin and AB tearing up the short/mid passes... all it takes is for Evans to get a step on a DB and it could be a long TD. Excited to see this team as it looks deadly on paper. BUCS 2020!!! (bring back Alstott too!)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

I really think AB joining will actually help Evans.. sure he might not get the 1-5 yard passes any more that hes been getting but it will open the field up a bit more for him, defenses will need to respect Godwin and AB tearing up the short/mid passes... all it takes is for Evans to get a step on a DB and it could be a long TD. Excited to see this team as it looks deadly on paper. BUCS 2020!!! (bring back Alstott too!)

You may be right because it will roll coverage a little bit from him.

As a Patriots fan, knowing what Brady wants to do on offense, at this stage of his career he is not going to force a ball to Evans outside the numbers if he has their number 1 CB on him and is double teamed when he can just take the 8 yds to an open Miller over the middle. He will still throw it sometimes to keep the defense honest and because Evans is a great player, but with those circumstances Evans is not going to get 10+ targets consistently. He just isn't and I don't understand how this is such a big surprise to so many in here?

8 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

You may be right because it will roll coverage a little bit from him.

As a Patriots fan, knowing what Brady wants to do on offense, at this stage of his career he is not going to force a ball to Evans outside the numbers if he has their number 1 CB on him and is double teamed when he can just take the 8 yds to an open Miller over the middle. He will still throw it sometimes to keep the defense honest and because Evans is a great player, but with those circumstances Evans is not going to get 10+ targets consistently. He just isn't and I don't understand how this is such a big surprise to so many in here?

yep totally agree with you on that. Look at the games when he plays without Godwin, they struggle, run game gets stuffed constantly.. defenses key on Evans cause he's the only threat (scottie mehler). I would think #1 CBs will be sticking with godwin/AB when they are healthy, giving Evans better opportunities, he's not meant to catch the ball 7-10 yards and fall, hes a deeper, big body threat. AB/Godwin can make magic happen out of those short passes, Evans can't.

AB/Godwin owner here

1 minute ago, BeefDaddy said:

yep totally agree with you on that. Look at the games when he plays without Godwin, they struggle, run game gets stuffed constantly.. defenses key on Evans cause he's the only threat (scottie mehler). I would think #1 CBs will be sticking with godwin/AB when they are healthy, giving Evans better opportunities, he's not meant to catch the ball 7-10 yards and fall, hes a deeper, big body threat. AB/Godwin can make magic happen out of those short passes, Evans can't.

AB/Godwin owner here

Agree 100%. But like I keep saying, why are so many so surprised by this?

I feel like when Brady going the Bucs it was obvious...Godwin would be the guy to get 80-100 balls and Evans would be the deep compliment and redzone threat. Isn't that what he's been while battling an injury?

I feel like I have a winning lotto ticket in my keeper league with AB since he was not drafted and off waivers. I hope this dude is on his best behavior and can keep his nose clean. Zero concerns with his on field production. He is the best WR on a team with two very good WRs. 

Edited by Fried Pork Grind
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I don't see him getting less than 6 targets in his return, I could see a similar line to what he had with TB in NE in their first game together for Brady and AB. 8 targets, 4 catches for 50+ yards and a TD, 1 rushing attempt for 8 yards. 14-17 ppr points.

Medium confidence starting as well due to the talent void right now...man, the Bucs really have jack behind Godwin and Evans. Gronk is fine, but the depth chart is really not great. I'm also convinced AB will get all that he can handle...I don't know why, but can't see Godwin playing this soon after surgery. Also, Arians seems to not want to rush his players back, like Fournette.

So yeah. New Orleans can't cover anyone as well...and it's on prime-time? Narratives upon narratives here. I think AB will be ready to go, maybe a 60-70% snap player in his first game back...but we saw what he did against the Dolphins last year. Hoping he's up to speed with some of the playbook. 

1 hour ago, ThreadKiller said:

Agree 100%. But like I keep saying, why are so many so surprised by this?

I feel like when Brady going the Bucs it was obvious...Godwin would be the guy to get 80-100 balls and Evans would be the deep compliment and redzone threat. Isn't that what he's been while battling an injury?

Evans showed last night he is healthy, can still get deep, and is clearly a redzone threat. I don't see any reason why both Arians and Brady wouldn't want to make use of this skillset in this offense.

Think Evans may see less targets, but he could be more efficient with his targets. This offense, with AB, has all the makings of the NE offense with Moss. If Godwin/AB/Miller/Gronk are getting peppered underneath/in the middle, there is no way a defense can double an Evans.

Brady will throw to the open man. Evans is going to be more open with AB in there.

Tempted to play BOTH AB and Evans this weekend if Godwin is still out. NO is tough against the run, leaky against the pass. That game is going to be an airshow with Brees (since NO shouldn't be able to run well either).

7 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Evans showed last night he is healthy, can still get deep, and is clearly a redzone threat. I don't see any reason why both Arians and Brady wouldn't want to make use of this skillset in this offense.

Think Evans may see less targets, but he could be more efficient with his targets. This offense, with AB, has all the makings of the NE offense with Moss. If Godwin/AB/Miller/Gronk are getting peppered underneath/in the middle, there is no way a defense can double an Evans.

Brady will throw to the open man. Evans is going to be more open with AB in there.

Tempted to play BOTH AB and Evans this weekend if Godwin is still out. NO is tough against the run, leaky against the pass. That game is going to be an airshow with Brees (since NO shouldn't be able to run well either).

Who said they wouldn't want to make use of him in the offense? Of course they would, he's an elite player. My comment was toward those who seem to be surprised he's not getting 10+ targets every game like he did with Winston.

And yes, I am tempted to do the same with AB and Evans...

Edited by ThreadKiller