NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

The real question is here:

During last nights game the announcers said “if he’s found guilty in CIVIL court they will release him” they said Arians said this speaking about AB. If that’s the case trail is Dec 12 so it will be interesting to see. Plus I’m sure the nfl will suspend more as well. I think in a criminal case yes they can him but alittle surprised in a civil case about money that’s it’s one and done. Wonder what happens if there’s a settlement?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know what guys, ignore Schefter—what the fook does that guy know? We need to be listening to a guy with real credibility: Tomei7. 

Godwin broke his own finger to save face before his imminent job loss.  Understandable.

Who cares zigzag. Tonight we are smoking fattys

Posted Images

Just now, UcanTry said:

During last nights game the announcers said “if he’s found guilty in CIVIL court they will release him” they said Arians said this speaking about AB. If that’s the case trail is Dec 12 so it will be interesting to see. Plus I’m sure the nfl will suspend more as well. I think in a criminal case yes they can him but alittle surprised in a civil case about money that’s it’s one and done. Wonder what happens if there’s a settlement?

Great point. All we can do really is wait and see. Or if you feel like that's going to happen, capitalize on him by dealing him if you can.

Personally, I'm going to see it through.

2 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

Settlement is not guilty. I assume no repercussions. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ThreadKiller said:

Great point. All we can do really is wait and see. Or if you feel like that's going to happen, capitalize on him by dealing him if you can.

Personally, I'm going to see it through.

Oh lol I’m starting in multiple leagues. 

Didnt plan it but with injuries and byes no choice. I do think not will be a good game for him with godwin banged up and I really think Brady will make sure in a prime time game. 

3 minutes ago, LZD said:

In one league due to byes and injuries.... I'm starting Brady, AB and Evans in .5ppr and will probably roll with them ROS depending on how Sunday night goes.

Lol welcome to the club same situation but with godwin. 

6 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

If AB has a competent lawyer, he should delay subsequent hearings as much as possible if they choose to litigate the matter. The fact that there is a trial date set means that the discovery phase (i.e., collecting evidence to be used for trial which includes depositions, interrogatories, any physical evidence including texts, e-mails, etc.) has been completed. Not sure how many hearings are on the plate (usually for a civil trial there is a pre-trial conference which sets the schedule for the subsequent trials) but usually a settlement offer is made right before. Settlement may be good from AB's perspective because no facts would be conclusively established. 

Just now, jpark211 said:

If AB has a competent lawyer, he should delay subsequent hearings as much as possible if they choose to litigate the matter. The fact that there is a trial date set means that the discovery phase (i.e., collecting evidence to be used for trial which includes depositions, interrogatories, any physical evidence including texts, e-mails, etc.) has been completed. Not sure how many hearings are on the plate (usually for a civil trial there is a pre-trial conference which sets the schedule for the subsequent trials) but usually a settlement offer is made right before. Settlement may be good from AB's perspective because no facts would be conclusively established. 

Lol I just posted above this one that I think it will be delayed until 2021. 

10 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

Lol welcome to the club same situation but with godwin. 

2013 Peyton supported the entire crew as respectable fantasy options. Hopefully Tommy can do something similar. Watching last nights game made me realize that he's gonna lean on AB. Hopefully he stays clean. 

1 hour ago, harck said:

Coach speak for 60 plays. Fire him up.

Going to say you are one of the few posters in here willing to stand by the rhetoric til the very end. Up to this point, it has been AB is a league winner, AB is going to come in and absorb all the work, AB is the clear alpha on the team. I'm ok with that. But I am noticing many in here now taking a cautious approach wondering if they should even start the guy. The peacocking in these threads is comical. But once game day arrives, and the smoke clears, the real soldiers are the ones standing by all the barking they did. If you don't start him this week and you were all up in the Evans thread, all up in the Godwin videos, don't come to DeathRow. You're a front running chump who couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag with scissors in his hands. Start him or shut up. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Going to say you are one of the few posters in here willing to stand by the rhetoric til the very end. Up to this point, it has been AB is a league winner, AB is going to come in and absorb all the work, AB is the clear alpha on the team. I'm ok with that. But I am noticing many in here now taking a cautious approach wondering if they should even start the guy. The peacocking in these threads is comical. But once game day arrives, and the smoke clears, the real soldiers are the ones standing by all the barking they did. If you don't start him this week and you were all up in the Evans thread, all up in the Godwin videos, don't come to DeathRow. You're a front running chump who couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag with scissors in his hands. Start him or shut up. 

? Starting with confidence.

Also I'd prefer you don't speak for me. I have never said AB is the clear alpha, never said AB is a league winner. What I have been consistent about is AB's upside. I know his history as the #1 WR in fantasy football for 5 consecutive years, and he's just 2 years out from that. I know he came into NE from being away for a year and put up a stellar performance with limited snaps. I know what we've consistently heard about his physical conditioning and work ethic. I know what we've consistently heard about the Tom-AB connection and his going above and beyond to get this guy rostered on two different teams now despite the baggage and risk.

What I have consistently claimed is it's a joke to classify AB as a WR3/Flex noting his history and last played game + the situation here in TB. AB to me is a WR2 with WR1 upside going into the Saints game. He has the potential to be a WR1 for the rest of the season, easily. I'm excited at the prospect of him entering this offense, but please, don't inflate my words.

Edited by harck
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, harck said:

? Starting with confidence.

Also I'd prefer you don't speak for me. I have never said AB is the clear alpha, never said AB is a league winner. What I have been consistent about is AB's upside. I know his history as the #1 WR in fantasy football for 5 consecutive years, and he's just 2 years out from that. I know he came into NE from being away for a year and put up a stellar performance with limited snaps.

What I have consistently claimed is it's a joke to classify AB as a WR3/Flex noting his history and last played game + the situation here in TB. AB to me is a WR2 with WR1 upside going into the Saints game. He has the potential to be a WR1 for the rest of the season, easily. I'm excited at the prospect of him entering this offense, but please, don't inflate my words.

Buddy, the only words of yours I have ever read is "Fire Him Up". Sorry to disappoint. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Buddy, the only words of yours I have ever read is "Fire Him Up". Sorry to disappoint. 

"Going to say you are one of the few posters in here willing to stand by the rhetoric til the very end. Up to this point, it has been AB is a league winner, AB is going to come in and absorb all the work, AB is the clear alpha on the team."

That's completely fine, just don't claim otherwise lol.

Edited by harck

With injuries and byes I may be forced to start him earlier than I would like but there aren’t too many guys on the wire with his upside. 
my only concern moving forward is I have him and Godwin so wondering if they’ll eat into each other’s production 

1 minute ago, harck said:

"Going to say you are one of the few posters in here willing to stand by the rhetoric til the very end. Up to this point, it has been AB is a league winner, AB is going to come in and absorb all the work, AB is the clear alpha on the team."

That's completely fine, just don't claim otherwise lol.

I don't like going in circles. I saw your post, fire him up. That's all I cared about. The rhetoric was general, not specific to you man. Follow me here, those statements came from various posters in this thread who are now doubting his usage and production. That wasn't the case a week ago. Nothing you said specifically. The start confidence is WAAAAYYY down from where it was upon signing. But your single post (the only one I read) said Fire HIM UP which is a rarity now. Simple. Had someone else written it, I would have quoted him.