Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

I don't like going in circles. I saw your post, fire him up. That's all I cared about. The rhetoric was general, not specific to you man. Follow me here, those statements came from various posters in this thread who are now doubting his usage and production. That wasn't the case a week ago. Nothing you said specifically. The start confidence is WAAAAYYY down from where it was upon signing. But your single post (the only one I read) said Fire HIM UP which is a rarity now. Simple. Had someone else written it, I would have quoted him. 

 

That's fine. Apologies if I came off as hostile, I just interpreted your comments as my saying X, Y, Z. Thanks for the clarification. But yes, I am firing him up with confidence this week.

Edited by harck
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know what guys, ignore Schefter—what the fook does that guy know? We need to be listening to a guy with real credibility: Tomei7. 

Godwin broke his own finger to save face before his imminent job loss.  Understandable.

Who cares zigzag. Tonight we are smoking fattys

Posted Images

Just now, harck said:

 

That's fine. Apologies if I came off as hostile, I just interpreted your comments as my saying X, Y, Z. But yes, I am firing him up with confidence this week.

All good. In the end, I just find it refreshing to read posts from owners not afraid to take a stance and roll with it. Especially since so many were super high on this guy and making it known throughout VARIOUS threads. My point was, don't tone it down nowwww. It appeared you were ready to roll the dice. That's all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

AB's one and only game with Brady and the Patriots: 20 snaps, 8 targets, 4 rec, 56 yds, 1 TD, 1 carry for 5 yds.

Touched the ball on almost 50% of his snaps.  Yeesh.

 

 

Quote

 

A new Antonio Brown era began Sunday in Miami, and the early results were encouraging for the New England Patriots.

Brown made his debut for the team and caught three passes for 36 yards from quarterback Tom Brady on the opening drive. The veteran wide receiver also drew a defensive holding penalty in the red zone that helped lead to a Sony Michel rushing touchdown on that first possession.

The 31-year-old later hauled in a 20-yard touchdown from Brady near the end of the first half. Brown was targeted four more times in the second half but he and Brady couldn’t connect on any of them. He finished with four receptions for 56 yards and a touchdown.

Overall, Brady’s stats with Brown on the field Sunday were pretty impressive. After all, the Pats earned a 43-0 win. Here’s a breakdown of the numbers, as compiled by Mark Daniels of the Providence Journal. 

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/patriots-qb-tom-bradys-stats-antonio-brown-field-week-2-were-impressive


 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

All good. In the end, I just find it refreshing to read posts from owners not afraid to take a stance and roll with it. Especially since so many were super high on this guy and making it known throughout VARIOUS threads. My point was, don't tone it down nowwww. It appeared you were ready to roll the dice. That's all. 

 

Picking a "side" and resisting change after new information comes to light is a flaw in logic. It's perfectly reasonable for someone to remain super high on the guy's upside but choose to sit him in his first game back now that we know (with more certainty) that he may not receive a full complement of snaps. Telling OP to "start him or shut up" is unnecessary

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrCantaloupe said:

 

Picking a "side" and resisting change after new information comes to light is a flaw in logic. It's perfectly reasonable for someone to remain super high on the guy's upside but choose to sit him in his first game back now that we know (with more certainty) that he may not receive a full complement of snaps. Telling OP to "start him or shut up" is unnecessary

 

Good take. My "fire him up" is based on the assumption that Godwin is will still be out. If Godwin is in, it becomes a bit murkier. I still think he has that tremendous upside, but with Godwin in, they will almost assuredly scheme AB less. With Godwin out, he probably takes on a major role right off the bat.

Edited by harck
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, harck said:

 

Good take. My "fire him up" is based on the assumption that Godwin is will still be out. If Godwin is in, it becomes a bit murkier. I still think he has that tremendous upside, but with Godwin in, they will almost assuredly scheme AB less. With Godwin out, he probably takes on a major role right off the bat.

 

i agree with that, wihout Godwin on the field the offense is painful to watch at times.  there is no consistent flow.  Brown and Brady's connection will keep the drives running.  i remember a few times last week where drives ended because of a disconnect between Brady and the WRs

Link to post
Share on other sites

With Godwin back at practice, AB reinstated, and the Saints leading the series 1-0, it’s time for

 

 

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

FULL CANNON ARTILLERY UNSTOPPABLE ONSLAUGHT MODE 


*pirate ship at Raymond James Stadium transforms into a Gundam and annihilates everything in sight*

Edited by TwoCan Sam
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Godwin participating in the walk through today sobers me up a little bit. I was looking forward to AB dominating those underneath and mid-range routes at least for 1 game without Godwin.

Still to be seen if Godwin plays this week (they'll decide Friday), but slightly less excited now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Godwin participating in the walk through today sobers me up a little bit. I was looking forward to AB dominating those underneath and mid-range routes at least for 1 game without Godwin.

Still to be seen if Godwin plays this week (they'll decide Friday), but slightly less excited now.


It was a walkthrough. Godwin is great at walking around since he’s usually hobbled anyways. It’s not like he was catching passes or anything. No reason for him to be limited. He had a cast on his hand still, he’s not going to be catching bullet passes from Tom anytime soon. He will be out this week. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

I am fully on the hype train now, and aroused at the same time

This could theoretically be interpreted in another way.  AB's full speed is equivalent to everyone else walking.

ben-roethlisberger-oh-steelers-reaction.

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MingusDew said:


My first thought was that everyone was going slow because it’s a walk through practice and AB was just running routes full speed like a lunatic. 

Because he’s crazy. 

This is also a possibility. 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going back and forth between filling two WR spots with Brown, Juju, and Aiyuk.  The virus decided to make this decision for me.

The main thing that gives me optimism for Brown is: since Tampa Bay and Brady went to all of this effort and fanfare to sign Brown, why wouldn't they want to use him for a lot of snaps rather than just 10-15?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZappB said:

I was going back and forth between filling two WR spots with Brown, Juju, and Aiyuk.  The virus decided to make this decision for me.

The main thing that gives me optimism for Brown is: since Tampa Bay and Brady went to all of this effort and fanfare to sign Brown, why wouldn't they want to use him for a lot of snaps rather than just 10-15?

 

Deciding between Ayiuk with Mullens or Beathard or AB with Brady? 🤔

 

Thankfully covid made the decision for you. 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Deciding between Ayiuk with Mullens or Beathard or AB with Brady? 🤔

 

Thankfully covid made the decision for you. 😂

Aiyuk has been feasting the past two weeks, and would've been fed a ton of targets again this week with Kittle and Deebo out.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

The key difference between the small sample size of Brady & Brown in New England v. Brady & Brown in Tampa:

 

...Surrounding talent. The Bucs are stacked on offense. 

 

So many mouths to feed.  Also they'd be dumb to not have him on a snap count for the first game or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...