NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

Starting him in both leagues I own him due to bye weeks limiting my WR options

I wasn’t planning on playing him first game back, but as a WR3/Flex I’m actually pretty excited about firing him up in an important divisional primetime matchup.

Even on limited snaps I think he can at least get you the type of production you’d expect from a WR3/Flex bye week filler, with the potential for a lot more. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know what guys, ignore Schefter—what the fook does that guy know? We need to be listening to a guy with real credibility: Tomei7. 

Godwin broke his own finger to save face before his imminent job loss.  Understandable.

Who cares zigzag. Tonight we are smoking fattys

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Blow up game. Extra Diva alert Go-to force fed passing advisory. League winner threat level hightened

Seems like this post is missing some words but I get the general idea.

TB12 I think is renting Derek Jeter’s huge house. I’m sure there’s enough room in the backyard for a little game of catch. I seriously wouldn’t put it past these two greats to work on their timing, signals, chemistry, etc. It’s a beautiful thing. Sunday is going to be tremendous. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, JDE said:

Starting him in both leagues I own him due to bye weeks limiting my WR options

I wasn’t planning on playing him first game back, but as a WR3/Flex I’m actually pretty excited about firing him up in an important divisional primetime matchup.

Even on limited snaps I think he can at least get you the type of production you’d expect from a WR3/Flex bye week filler, with the potential for a lot more. 

I think it's just fun for me. Byes and injuries too, but it's fun to just throw him out there and pray. He could score almost anything from 0.00 to 30

TLDR thought: My expectations are tempered, but a big part of me wants him to go off.

On one hand, he went nuts and squandered his opportunity to be on top of the league. On the other hand, I always appreciate those who overcome adversity to succeed and thrive. Would be nice to see him come back and silence the critics.

7 hours ago, Vendetta said:

If nothing else, starting him will make SNF all the more exciting / frustrating. Of course, that same logic probably let to some starting Hasty on TNF (as it almost made me do too)...

Best Horshack GIFs | Gfycat

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, coleworld7 said:

part of me feels like the godwin injury reports are all smoke and mirrors and trying to throw off the saints gameplan. but i also need to win this week and am starting brown so theres that

I highly doubt they’ll go through that much to throw off a plan. Game plans change all the time during gameplay and numerous times as well. 

10 hours ago, WVFalcon said:

I'm starting him [...] I think he gets a minimum of 6 targets with at least 1 attempted 60 yard bomb.

Let's not get carried away. The minimum is nothing at all. I don't think he'll get that, but at this point it's almost a complete unknown. The man hasn't taken the field for a game - NFL or pre-season - for over a year. 

I'm excited to play him this week, but not because I expect much, just because it's fun. If you'd told me last season that I'd be rolling out Antonio Brown, Gronk and the defense for a team called "Football Team" I'd have laughed in your face.

• Like 2

I think he may be eased in, but he will be a target in the RZ. Just like what Brady did with him in NE. Brady will feed AB in the RZ. I expect at least a TD, but the yardage may be a disappointment.

1 hour ago, Zangief80 said:

Just curious, but statistically speaking, why do people think he will be better than during his tenure with Pats?

If it mirrors the usage he had in his brief tenure with the Pats then he is absolutely a top 12WR candidate ROS. 

AB won't be able to play every snap in his first week.  A couple of weeks until he is in NFL game shape and an every down WR.

He probably gets single coverage this week,  I expect his route running and speed will create space for easy short receptions.

On the year, Brady is averaging 38.5 pass attempts per game.  If you conservatively allot 67% of those passes to be to the wideouts that would be 25.5 attempts to the wides per week which is 8.5 per wideout if distributed equally to the three.  We know it won’t be equal so the floor for AB to me is 8.5 targets per week but within a week or two he will be getting 10 per week. A minor bump to 75% target share to the wides and there is a path for 12 targets per week which puts him WR1 territory based solely on math and potential target share.

Edited by jjbooda
  • Like 1

If Godwin is active, I don't think Brown will get more than 20-30 snaps. Hoping for Godwin to be out. I know Arians said he's good to go, but hoping that's just some gamesmanship. This is an important game and it's a pain management issue for Godwin, but if he falls on that hand or gets hit by a helmet in that area... that bone is shattering further. 

Edited by harck
39 minutes ago, harck said:

If Godwin is active, I don't think Brown will get more than 20-30 snaps. Hoping for Godwin to be out. I know Arians said he's good to go, but hoping that's just some gamesmanship. This is an important game and it's a pain management issue for Godwin, but if he falls on that hand or gets hit by a helmet in that area... that bone is shattering further. 

Not that I'd ever root for an injury. But if the prospect of re-injuring the hand is high, I think long-term, it's better for Brown's value if Godwin plays.

Regardless, part of the reason brown excites me is because I wouldn't bet on Godwin and Evans being healthy for the rest of the season. If either misses time, Brown will eat. and honestly, he'll probably eat anyway.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

ICYMI: the woman suing

' WR Antonio Brown for allegedly raping her suggested in a court filing yesterday delaying the Dec 14-18 scheduled trial date, which could push the trial past the NFL season. She also named Ravens WR Marquise Brown as a witness she wants deposed

Civil suit

All about dat $$$

Not criminal