NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

K197040

3 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Exactly! I’m just happy it’s looking to be delayed until possibly after the season. 

The point is nothing that comes out is likely to affect his status with the NFL. Whether the plaintiff can squeeze some money from AB is not relevant to him being suspended by the NFL. 

No criminal charges is the big takeaway, unless he has new charges he has served his suspension no matter what the trainer says in her pursuit of a civil judgement in her favor.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Civil suit

All about dat $$$

Not criminal

55 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Exactly! I’m just happy it’s looking to be delayed until possibly after the season. 

Just for the record,  this being a civil case doesn’t mean you can write it off as if the act in question didn’t happen.

Accusers go civil for many reasons, one being that there may only be enough evidence for a civil case.  A primary one is so the accuser can have some power in relation to their case as opposed to being at the mercy of the state.

I’m hoping we can all be adults and see why someone who has allegedly been victimized would want to take back some power or control from someone who harmed them.

Edited by nn4mz

10 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

Just for the record,  this being a civil case doesn’t mean you can write it off as if the act in question didn’t happen.

Accusers go civil for many reasons, one being that there may only be enough evidence for a civil case.  A primary one is so the accuser can have some power in relation to their case as opposed to being at the mercy of the state.

I’m hoping we can all be adults and see why someone who has allegedly been victimized would want to take back some power or control from someone who harmed them.

I'm not here to discuss the plaintiffs feelings.

I only care as it relates to the fantasy football availability of AB. Hopefully the plaintiff receives whatever compensation she deserves and needs but the NFL isn't suspending AB any extra games based on the outcome of this civil suit. Criminal charges or the perception of them is what would threaten ABs availability.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

The biggest reason is that if the defendant pleads the fifth amendment and doesn’t testify in the civil case, the jury CAN draw an adverse inference from that. (Meaning if he doesn’t testify, it can be used against him in the civil case.). So it’s a shrewd move.  Main reason plaintiffs wait til after a criminal case to file the civil case is you let the government’s lawyers do all the hard work gathering evidence.

Edited by FeastMode
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'm not here to discuss the plaintiffs feelings.

I only care as it relates to the fantasy football availability of AB. Hopefully the plaintiff receives whatever compensation she deserves and needs but the NFL isn't suspending AB any extra games based on the outcome of this civil suit. Criminal charges or the perception of them is what would threaten ABs availability.

Just responding to your “for the money” statement.

For the rest, I agree with you.

3 hours ago, Tenner said:

So that Hurricane or storm or whatever it is will be affecting this game to some degree. Likely on and off rain showers with 10-20 mph winds. Gusts up to 40. 

Weather.com says this about tomorrow night in Tampa 

Tropical storm conditions possible. Showers in the evening, then becoming windy with a steady rain overnight. Low around 75F. Winds NNE at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.”

7 hours ago, nn4mz said:

Have you seen the pics of them? It looked as if they were dating. She’s going for the bag!

7 hours ago, Steve226 said:

Weather.com says this about tomorrow night in Tampa 

Tropical storm conditions possible. Showers in the evening, then becoming windy with a steady rain overnight. Low around 75F. Winds NNE at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.”

Now it just says cloudy and windy with gusts over 40mph.  I was going to delete my old post but couldn’t so I just wanted to clarify.

That game was a nightmare lmao

Saints had Brady seeing ghosts out there

I thought AB actually looked good, Brady just wasn't looking his way a lot but he seemed to have no problem getting open

He was also wide open during that deep ball to Gronk and was pretty much in position to catch it if Gronk wasn't the target

• Like 1

Just now, Evincar said:

Boom or bust WR3. Not much else to say.

how can anyone draw conclusions from that game lol. Absolute dumpster fire start to finish.

They were all muddled up there but I think gronk will take a hit here, and probably godwin AB splitting a pie vs Evan’s being unaffected. Not sure...Lenny probably taking a hit too

• Like 1

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

how can anyone draw conclusions from that game lol. Absolute dumpster fire start to finish.

They were all muddled up there but I think gronk will take a hit here, and probably godwin AB splitting a pie vs Evan’s being unaffected. Not sure...Lenny probably taking a hit too

This is not a condensed offense. You have Evans, Godwin, AB, Gronk, Miller and throw in the odd Brate usage to go along with RoJo and Fournette. On top of that this offense is good but its not elite like a KC or Seattle.

I dont think AB is a weekly starter once he gets settled in. Maybe best scenario he's a borderline WR2 but I dont know why people think he was going to be a league winner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Boom or bust WR3. Not much else to say.

Did your crystal ball tell you that? Way too early to predict this. He very well may not end up like the brown from the Steelers but it’s way too early do draw any conclusions from this game. Yes there’s a lot of mouths to feed but if brown still hasn’t lost a step he would still be the number 1 option. No one really stands out in this offense. There really isn’t a true number 1 for Brady. Godwin is the closest WR but he still doesn’t have that connection like he had with Edelman. 

Edited by StevenSC400

This was not a good game to judge his value going forward. The only thing you can take from this game is the high snap count. AB is going to be on the field alot.

There are alot of mouths to feed, so I don't know how the targets will breakdown but I imagine AB will be the near the top of the food chain there soon.

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

Did your crystal ball tell you that? Way too early to predict this. He very well may not end up like the brown from the Steelers but it’s way too early do draw any conclusions from this game. Yes there’s a lot of mouths to feed but if brown still hasn’t lost a step he would still be the number 1 option. No one really stands out in this offense. There really isn’t a true number 1 for Brady. Godwin is the closest WR but he still doesn’t have that connection like he had with Edelman. 

Its not early. If owning Evans and (a healthy) Godwin was frustrating why do think AB is going fare better? I think people just need manage expectations. If someone in your league is still a big believer in his ROS outlook, I would flip him for a more consistent WR or TE help.

12 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Its not early. If owning Evans and (a healthy) Godwin was frustrating why do think AB is going fare better? I think people just need manage expectations. If someone in your league is still a big believer in his ROS outlook, I would flip him for a more consistent WR or TE help.

This is always easier said then done. No one wants to pay much for guys you grab off waivers. I would sell him for fair value but most people will pay pennies to try and get him. So your better off waiting to see what happens. And as far as talking about Godwin and Evans those 2 haven’t been fully healthy all year. It’s been from one issue to another with those guys. Brown is the healthiest And freshest WR out of the bunch right now. He can easily come in and dominate. Will it happen? I don’t know but I’m willing to wait and find out. And I have Godwin so not biased. If anything I think Evans loses the most on this deal. He hasn’t really been in sync with Brady all year and he’s isn’t 100% healthy either. 

Edited by StevenSC400

Oh goodie!!! I have seen this play out a few times this season! Let me lay it out for you.

Player who hasn't played in a while or done well signs with new team.

Fantasy owner nabs him and automatically assumes said player will perform at an elite level and surpass the other players on the roster.

Trolls go into full attack mode worshipping their "league winner" and trashing the competition.

Game day arrives and said trolls start to back off their high expectations because they are afraid of owning their wishful thinking.

Player has a garbage game.

Trolls make excuses blaming week 1, the quarterback, the defense, the game flow, mother nature, Trump, 2020, and anything else that helps them sleep. <----- (We are here)

Trolls double down on player not because they believe in him but because they want to save face.

Player has a second garbage game.

Trolls disappear from thread forever.

Saw this happen with Leveon Bell and expect to see it here as well! Love it!!!

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Oh goodie!!! I have seen this play out a few times this season! Let me lay it out for you.

Player who hasn't played in a while or done well signs with new team.

Fantasy owner nabs him and automatically assumes said player will perform at an elite level and surpass the other players on the roster.

Trolls go into full attack mode worshipping their "league winner" and trashing the competition.

Game day arrives and said trolls start to back off their high expectations because they are afraid of owning their wishful thinking.

Player has a garbage game.

Trolls make excuses blaming week 1, the quarterback, the defense, the game flow, mother nature, Trump, 2020, and anything else that helps them sleep. <----- (We are here)

Trolls double down on player not because they believe in him but because they want to save face.

Player has a second garbage game.

Trolls disappear from thread forever.

Saw this happen with Leveon Bell and expect to see it here as well! Love it!!!

Lol this could very well happen. But anyone rational isn’t proclaiming him a league winner. He’s simply a bench stash with a lot of upside that people got for free off waivers. Or worst case scenario an incredible handcuff. Godwin and Evans haven’t been fully healthy all year.