NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

K197040

51 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

That’s a fair take.

40+ throws, you would think that AB would eat.

It’s clear the game-plan went out the window in the first quarter when they were down 21 (which could have been 28 if Cook didn’t fumble).

Listen, I’m over here hoping the coach in my league emotionally drops him off of this game.  I’ll scoop in a heartbeat.

I just don’t think people can use this game to determine his ROS.  

Nobody ate last night.  Brady was horrible, the game plan(4 runs) was horrible and the online was horrible.

1 hour ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Where the hell were these "leveled" expectations upon signing? Why throttle back now? Two pages ago it was 12/225/3. Now, not so much... why? This gamescript was PERFECT. All pass, no run, playing from behind, nothing to lose.... yet, you "ease" AB in. Come on son...

I am not sure what you are talking about.  I literally just started posting in here last night or the day before.  Get your head on straight son. 

Where the hell were these "leveled" expectations upon signing? Why throttle back now? Two pages ago it was 12/225/3. Now, not so much... why? This gamescript was PERFECT. All pass, no run, playing from behind, nothing to lose.... yet, you "ease" AB in. Come on son...

It's all coaching's fault my man. Arians can't adjust to when things go off the rails. He kept doing his long developing routes when the Saints pressured Brady on almost every snap...that's a coaching problem. Godwin and Brown have no trouble getting open on slants or short to intermediate routes...even Gronk. Evans is a 1 on 1 dominator on the outside and can be a big slot, but he's best used down the field using his size.

This game is not a good barometer...but the coaching will hold this team back.

What happened to this world-beater defense? Bucs barely had possession or rhythm all game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, yanksman said:

WHats his value going forward? WR3? 

WR3 with upside.

It was obvious that he can still get open and make great catches.

He doesn't know the playbook.  One of the picks was clearly AB running a bad route.

Target share remains to be seen.  Looks like he will be involved but WR1's and high end WR2's are target hogs.  AB may not get to that level.  Hard to see him getting 8+ targets every game.  He'll have to do a lot with what he gets.

It can happen though.  If he is the best WR on the team, he'll get enough targets to be at least a WR2.

• Like 2

These click bait headlines, lol.  Basically he said he didn't expect to throw him out there as much as he did in his first game, and that hopefully they aren't throwing that many times going forward due to being forced to catch up.

Headline would have you think he wants him on the field less for performance or off field issues.  And I have zero AB shares.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2020 at 11:16 AM, FouLLine said:

Sounds like a run first game plan based on Arians quote. Which makes sense...CAR D is tough as nails against WRs but weak against the run.

Not good.

8 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Sounds like a run first game plan based on Arians quote. Which makes sense...CAR D is tough as nails against WRs but weak against the run.

Not good.

This was in response to the absolute beat down the Saints put on them.  The context to me is that AB played a lot more snaps then they wanted because he had only one week of practice and limited exposure to the playbook.  The game script changed and they had to roll him out.  It was evident he needs to get the playbook down as there were a few miscommunications.   It is a no brainer to believe that they want to run more than the 4 times they did on Sunday.  That said, AB looked like the best receiver on the team when he was running routes and that is promising.  I don’t believe we are going to see Bruce benching a guy who may provide him the best chance to win because he does not like him.  If that were the case, he would have been inactive game one.  

25 minutes ago, pierceNKC said:

AB goes off this weekend.

i have nothing to base that off of other than a hunch.

I have the same feeling, but I also had the same feeling about JT last night too. In my defense, I did not know it was Nyheim Hines' birthday yesterday.

Serious question. How long do league winners typically take to get going? One week? Two weeks? Three? At what point will the excuses run out? Not being a jerk, but would like to establish this ahead of time. Thanks in advance. I will hang up and listen.

In that offense he's not going to be a league winner.  He'll have a couple big games but otherwise will be an inconsistent WR3.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/13/2020 at 3:59 PM, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Serious question. How long do league winners typically take to get going? One week? Two weeks? Three? At what point will the excuses run out? Not being a jerk, but would like to establish this ahead of time. Thanks in advance. I will hang up and listen.

🤔...

Just messin with ya

Edited by ThreadKiller

On 11/13/2020 at 3:47 PM, pierceNKC said:

AB goes off this weekend.

i have nothing to base that off of other than a hunch.

On 11/13/2020 at 4:13 PM, Vendetta said:

I have the same feeling, but I also had the same feeling about JT last night too. In my defense, I did not know it was Nyheim Hines' birthday yesterday.

I’m with you guys. Nothing to base it on but I’ve got the same hunch.

Edited by ThreadKiller