NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

K197040

Did anyone watch the game?  7/69 is pretty good for his second game back, and according to the game day thread Brady missed him for a potential TD.  Seems very encouraging moving forward.

Edited by ZappB

39 minutes ago, ZappB said:

Did anyone watch the game?  7/69 is pretty good for his second game back, and according to the game day thread Brady missed him for a potential TD.  Seems very encouraging moving forward.

Brady missed him while he was wide open for a 50+ yard TD.

Edit: I watched the game live. He's not really the "3rd option". His usage was 2nd, about 20% share, had a carry. Missed on the 50 yarder for TD. Had a designed red zone target which Brady overthrew for what could have easily been a TD but ended being a 3 yard play as Brown had to slow up and catch after a bobble.

Edited by CallMeBDB

Just now, Vendetta said:

Thanks! Kind of a bummer that it was so low, but it's understandable given the game script and since I assume he isn't in on 2 WR sets; even then the target volume was pretty good given those things.

They ran a TON more 2 TE sets yesterday than they have all season.

2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

They ran a TON more 2 TE sets yesterday than they have all season.

Worked for one game but the Panthers are horrible at run D (it showed)

Also shows Brady is looking for Brown when he's on the field (usage rate is encouraging) and/or they are designing plays for him. Maybe there is hope...but good game for him.

• Thanks 2

From what I saw on Red Zone yesterday, my takeaways are this:

1 - AB is still an elite WR1 talent

2 - He's playing with 2 other WR1's...so he's never going to see the ceilings that he had back in Pittsburgh. Brady seemed to look for Evans and Godwin a lot more often.

3 - He's probably a 8 point floor with the occasional 20 point game if he gets a 1 out of 5 chance for a TD target because they do run it in a lot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FooserX said:

From what I saw on Red Zone yesterday, my takeaways are this:

1 - AB is still an elite WR1 talent

2 - He's playing with 2 other WR1's...so he's never going to see the ceilings that he had back in Pittsburgh. Brady seemed to look for Evans and Godwin a lot more often.

3 - He's probably a 8 point floor with the occasional 20 point game if he gets a 1 out of 5 chance for a TD target because they do run it in a lot.

4. He also has significant implied value because an injury to Godwin or Evans would likely vault him into WR1 conversation.

• Like 1

Supposedly Brady missed him really open on a deep shot that would've led to a much bigger day, by like five yards.  It's said the receivers were making up for a lot of inaccurate throws.  So if Brown gets that catch and the numbers jump off the stat sheet I think people are even more optimistic in here.

Who knows, maybe they do work more 2 TE sets because of how poorly the line was pass protecting against NO, but I think Brown is going to have his snap count ramp up as the weeks go on, and the chemistry will continue to grow.  I own no Brown shares but I think his fantasy prognosis is looking good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Worked for one game but the Panthers are horrible at run D (it showed)

Also shows Brady is looking for Brown when he's on the field (usage rate is encouraging) and/or they are designing plays for him. Maybe there is hope...but good game for him.

here is the other point. When AB is on the field, Brady is looking for him. It’s actually some ridiculously efficient numbers for Brown if you do a catch+yards per play ratio. Love it