NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know what guys, ignore Schefter—what the fook does that guy know? We need to be listening to a guy with real credibility: Tomei7. 

Godwin broke his own finger to save face before his imminent job loss.  Understandable.

Who cares zigzag. Tonight we are smoking fattys

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

So if he is the WR3 by snap count and target shares, who gets Jalen Ramsey next week?

Either of the boundary receivers...which I don't know who lines up where. It looks like all of them rotate based off of package and play. AB will probably avoid ramsey a lot if they are putting AB in the slot on a lot of their plays designed for him. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, harck said:

Probably Mike Evans. Mike usually draws the shadow coverage. 

Agreed.    Jaylen can match him size and speed.   Don’t know that it matters for AB.   He tanked all 3 of their values for fantasy purposes.    Now it’s a weekly crapshoot.  

16 minutes ago, YoungDro said:

Folks predicting a suspension here?

For that crap? No

But this is a very stark reminder that its only a matter of time until he does something serious enough to get suspended again. A leopard doesn't change his spots.

18 minutes ago, YoungDro said:

Folks predicting a suspension here?

Maybe I have too much faith in NFL execs, but I doubt the Bucs would have signed Brown if they thought this incident had a significant chance of resulting in a suspension (it’s confirmed they knew about this prior to signing).  That absolutely would have been part of their due diligence as a suspension would be a PR disaster.  

People’s real concern should be that AB needs an injury to be anything more than a flex player.  Still great for a “free” pick up, but the WR1 hype train is laughable and obnoxious.  

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The NFL did not suspend AB over the 10-15-2020 incident because it was not public knowledge.

Now that it is?  Take cover.

The lady didn’t press charges. She actually stated it was nothing serious and everyone is getting along fine. She then went on to call AB a hero for beating the Panthers :) do your research man. 

17 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

The lady didn’t press charges. She actually stated it was nothing serious and everyone is getting along fine. She then went on to call AB a hero for beating the Panthers :) do your research man. 

Huh? That was his spokesman that said that. The woman who accused him said they were afraid he'd retaliate. Obviously his spokesman is gonna say he's best friends with the entire community now. 

• Like 2

AB was a free WW plug-and play WR3/flex with upside. He still is. HOA issue has been settled, we'll see what happens ROS with his play. I expect more each week, just a nice stash on your bench for the playoff run. Brady is definitely targeting him and he looks good. Many mouths to feed in the Tampa offensive though. 

59 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And if the actual footage leaks?  Heaven help this cat.

What is he doing destroying cameras and throwing his bike at guard stations, anyway?

Because he's a complete idiot.  But no charges brought so doubt the league acts(at least this year).

A scorpion, which cannot swim, asks a frog to carry it across a river on the frog's back. The frog hesitates, afraid of being stung by the scorpion, but the scorpion argues that if it did that, they would both drown. The frog considers this argument sensible and agrees to transport the scorpion. Midway across the river, the scorpion stings the frog anyway, dooming them both. The dying frog asks the scorpion why it stung despite knowing the consequence, to which the scorpion replies: "I couldn't help it. It's in my nature."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You guys do realize nothing is going to happen from this, right? I guarantee you Bucs knew about this...the NFL almost always finds out about this stuff proactively...

You think the Kareem Hunt footage wasn't in the Chiefs hands before they cut him? Ray Rice footage? You guys are beyond native if you think that.

These GMs will cut players that save face, but no way do they want to cut contributing football players that can lead to wins. Not in this league...Moral compass is seriously lacking.

AB's is nothing egregious in this nature. I'll keep on starting him until he's not worth starting.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Haha 1

Maybe this one particular incident will not be his undoing with the NFL.  But its existence damages the theory that AB knows this is his last chance, therefore he will behave this time.

Sibce only one month ago he is destroying a camera and throwing his bike.  Dude is cray.  Plain and simple.