NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

26 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

These GMs will cut players that save face, but no way do they want to cut contributing football players that can lead to wins. Not in this league...Moral compass is seriously lacking.

This statement contradicts itself.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know what guys, ignore Schefter—what the fook does that guy know? We need to be listening to a guy with real credibility: Tomei7. 

Godwin broke his own finger to save face before his imminent job loss.  Understandable.

Who cares zigzag. Tonight we are smoking fattys

Posted Images

14 hours ago, yossarian said:

but but...i thought he'd "grown up" and "become a better man" and "turned a corner"? Tom Brady and Bruce Arians vouched for him. THEY VOUCHED FOR HIM!

When he turned the corner, the security guard was there, so he threw a bike at him.

This guy is such a knucklehead it's unreal.

• Haha 1
On 10/21/2020 at 4:02 PM, TroutFister said:

yah if you can drop a jobber go ahead, but there's a 99.9% chance that he doesn't sign, he does sign and does nothing, he signs an then gets cut shortly after because he's a fn cancer. 

lol it's getting closeeeeee. 😆

Edited by TroutFister
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, yossarian said:

but but...i thought he'd "grown up" and "become a better man" and "turned a corner"? Tom Brady and Bruce Arians vouched for him. THEY VOUCHED FOR HIM!

Season winners should not conduct themselves in this manner. At least that is the title that has been thrown around... Hopefully his off the field antics don't spill over into his work. Is there precedence for this with Antonio? Haven't really followed his career closely. I would hate to see this breathe life into the Mike Evans owners since this guy became the top receiver in Tampa bay the minute he signed his contract in crayon. 

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

AB has more receiving yards in 2 games than Michael Thomas has in 3 games 👀

Averaging 50 receiving yards per game so far...

Comparing a WR3 to a WR3 doesn't help your case. Not surprised you're hoping this scumbag has success. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SkittleMania said:

Damn, bro, you are way too into your feelings on AB. What did he do, kick your dog? Break wind in your general direction?

Oh, that's right, you probably missed out on getting him. No need to get that mad over it.

lol at missed out on a guy that would be my wr6 or wr7? i just like being right and i just know this guy is a complete nut job and will not help you win ANY ships. and ill continue to make this point every week! [...]

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

lol at missed out on a guy that would be my wr6 or wr7? i just like being right and i just know this guy is a complete nut job and will not help you win ANY weeks. and ill continue to make this point every week! [...]

Who are you?! AB breakout game this week

1 hour ago, SportsBrain said:

This guy is the definition of a “lowlife”. I understand people are here for fantasy and stats, but have to say I’m really sick of seeing him get chances time and time again. Has nothing to do with “missing out on him” either, it has to do with him not only being a horrible person, but proving over and over again that he really hasn’t changed. If you aren’t aware of all the charges against this guy go google it, and you if you think where there’s this much smoke there’s no fire at all, or he’s a “target”,  you really can’t put the pieces together. 

file75jmayh93ch19wz40b46-2131750815-1559590201.jpg

• Like 4
4 hours ago, SportsBrain said:

This guy is the definition of a “lowlife”. I understand people are here for fantasy and stats, but have to say I’m really sick of seeing him get chances time and time again. Has nothing to do with “missing out on him” either, it has to do with him not only being a horrible person, but proving over and over again that he really hasn’t changed. If you aren’t aware of all the charges against this guy go google it, and you if you think where there’s this much smoke there’s no fire at all, or he’s a “target”,  you really can’t put the pieces together. 

It's disappointing to be sure, but it's also the NFL. Ray Lewis murdered a guy and he's in the hall of fame and on pregame shows. The fact of the matter is if you're talented and a team thinks your production will be worth the outcry you'll get another chance. You'll keep getting chances until all the teams in the league don't think your potential for production is worth the headache. There's nothing moral about it at any point, either when he's picked up or when he's finally cut loose after he gets his final final FINAL chance. Personally I didn't grab AB when I had the chance because of the allegations against him--I'd just rather not find myself cheering for some dude who has multiple credible allegations of abuse against him. However my team is also stacked at wide receiver and I don't hold it against anybody who did pick him up, just as long as they're not preaching that "The Bucs just want to give AB a second (fourth) chance! They want to help him be a better man!" rubbish. In the end it's not like you get bonus fantasy points for having a team with good morals. I generally just try to put myself in a position where I'm only cheering for guys I like but frankly that's pretty damn arbitrary. 

Ultimately we all spend a lot of time talking about and watching a sport where guys go out and do horrible, irreparable damage to their bodies and their brains and take years off their lives every quarter, every down, every massive collision. Our views and jersey purchases make money for team owners who are usually some sort of billionaire a**hole or another who'd move the team to Nepal in a heartbeat if it would make them an extra 5 dollars a season. They play in stadiums paid for with largely public funds that should have actually gone to things like schools and roads and infrastructure that actually helps people, located in cities that will be paying those loans for decades to come, long after the teams have moved on to a bigger, newer stadium with more luxury boxes to make the a**hole owners even more money. We're all holding our noses to some extent or another to follow this sport.

So yeah. good on AB. He got some targets. Ultimately there's a lot of mouths to feed in that passing game, and they also have a good running game that syphons off touches. 50ish yards might be his floor and we still don't know what his ceiling is yet as he's still getting acclimated. Also they have a pretty sweet playoff schedule. Also also if there's video of his most recent bullshit that gets released to the public he'll be off the team in a week probably.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, yossarian said:

It's disappointing to be sure, but it's also the NFL. Ray Lewis murdered a guy and he's in the hall of fame and on pregame shows. The fact of the matter is if you're talented and a team thinks your production will be worth the outcry you'll get another chance. You'll keep getting chances until all the teams in the league don't think your potential for production is worth the headache. There's nothing moral about it at any point, either when he's picked up or when he's finally cut loose after he gets his final final FINAL chance. Personally I didn't grab AB when I had the chance because of the allegations against him--I'd just rather not find myself cheering for some dude who has multiple credible allegations of abuse against him. However my team is also stacked at wide receiver and I don't hold it against anybody who did pick him up, just as long as they're not preaching that "The Bucs just want to give AB a second (fourth) chance! They want to help him be a better man!" rubbish. In the end it's not like you get bonus fantasy points for having a team with good morals. I generally just try to put myself in a position where I'm only cheering for guys I like but frankly that's pretty damn arbitrary. 

Ultimately we all spend a lot of time talking about and watching a sport where guys go out and do horrible, irreparable damage to their bodies and their brains and take years off their lives every quarter, every down, every massive collision. Our views and jersey purchases make money for team owners who are usually some sort of billionaire a**hole or another who'd move the team to Nepal in a heartbeat if it would make them an extra 5 dollars a season. They play in stadiums paid for with largely public funds that should have actually gone to things like schools and roads and infrastructure that actually helps people, located in cities that will be paying those loans for decades to come, long after the teams have moved on to a bigger, newer stadium with more luxury boxes to make the a**hole owners even more money. We're all holding our noses to some extent or another to follow this sport.

So yeah. good on AB. He got some targets. Ultimately there's a lot of mouths to feed in that passing game, and they also have a good running game that syphons off touches. 50ish yards might be his floor and we still don't know what his ceiling is yet as he's still getting acclimated. Also they have a pretty sweet playoff schedule. Also also if there's video of his most recent bullshit that gets released to the public he'll be off the team in a week probably.

Yeah but didn't Ray Lewis' buddy pretty much take the blame?

Antonio Brown is obviously a changed man.  During the entire incident with the female security guard, Brown did not disrobe and display his male member even once!

Starting with confidence.

• Haha 6
15 hours ago, SportsBrain said:

Imagine building your fantasy team around whether someone is a good or bad person. Who cares?

Not like there aren't plenty of other scumbags out there. You don't hear too much about Tyreek these days because he's too busy winning people championships. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Edgeraid said:

Imagine building your fantasy team around whether someone is a good or bad person. Who cares?

Not like there aren't plenty of other scumbags out there. You don't hear too much about Tyreek these days because he's too busy winning people championships. 

Kareem Hunt too or Michael Bennet went crazy for a while, DeAndre baker held.a gun on people and just got signed to the KC practice squad.

Feel free to take the moral high road and get beat by the team that rostered AB, Hunt, and Hill.

• Like 1