Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook


K197040
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, JuanSuarez said:

13 targets!? I think some week winning performances are coming soon.


keep on waiting LOL

 

Another week the Bucs completely abandon the run yet AB is nothing more than a poor mans Jarvis Landry 

 

evans and his RZ talent is the one you want 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:


keep on waiting LOL

 

Another week the Bucs completely abandon the run yet AB is nothing more than a poor mans Jarvis Landry 

 

evans and his RZ talent is the one you want 

AB looks pretty good, he really is open a lot especially with Evans getting DB1 treatment. Brown is moved all over the field and is running routes at all levels. Last night he was TB's safety net and until TB forced horrible deep throws and was picked. AB is a viable start if nothing else, the longer impact plays are coming. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very solid floor WR2/3 in PPR.  Brady is still trying to walk the line and keep all of his WRs happy. But with the losses mounting, Brady is going to do whatever he is most comfortable with to win.  My prediction is he’s going to start giving Brown the full blown Welker/Edelman treatment.  May not be a lot of scoring but it’ll be 9+ receptions per game.  Brown is just getting so open and Brady can complete those shorter throws all day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FeastMode said:

Very solid floor WR2/3 in PPR.  Brady is still trying to walk the line and keep all of his WRs happy. But with the losses mounting, Brady is going to do whatever he is most comfortable with to win.  My prediction is he’s going to start giving Brown the full blown Welker/Edelman treatment.  May not be a lot of scoring but it’ll be 9+ receptions per game.  Brown is just getting so open and Brady can complete those shorter throws all day.

The targets are already pretty crazy as it is, especially considering AB plays fewer snaps than the other guys. My only hope is they figure out how to fix the intermediate / deep stuff - AB's getting some of those targets every game, and at least 1 connection per game is what we need (besides TDs) in half PPR and standard for AB to ascend to WR1/2 status. Just about all of Brady's deep throws yesterday looked horrible, other than one to AB that AB just narrowly missed coming down with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nobody thinks that's Brady trying to force balls to AB is what is hindering the offense? Does nobody else notice how much he has started to suck ever since AB took a more prominent role in the offense?

Or is the fanboyism for a scumbag named Brown clouding everyone's vision? Sure he played okay last week against a horrible defense, but other than that he's been trash. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Nobody thinks that's Brady trying to force balls to AB is what is hindering the offense? Does nobody else notice how much he has started to suck ever since AB took a more prominent role in the offense?

Or is the fanboyism for a scumbag named Brown clouding everyone's vision? Sure he played okay last week against a horrible defense, but other than that he's been trash. 

Yeah I dont see it. What I see is still an explosive WR that gets open at will with a QB that cant hit him deep.

Brady's inability to throw deep is killing this offense.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone spinning AB's performance last night as negative is clueless.

TB was facing arguably the worst matchup for WRs in the league against the LAR secondary and arguably the best pass rush in the league. AB walked away with a ton of targets and PPR production that outperformed most expert projections. And points were left on the field with a couple of deep shots...but those deep shots are there.

As AB gets more practice and game reps his floor and ceiling are going to continue to rise. A bye week after KC will help.

And then you have this weeks 14-16: MN, @ATL, @DET.

For those that don't own AB, I guarantee you that you don't want to be facing him. Ceiling will be game winning.

He's my WR3/4 after picking him up on waivers. Yeah...feel pretty good about him in my lineup come playoff time.

Edited by kyoun1e
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Nobody thinks that's Brady trying to force balls to AB is what is hindering the offense? Does nobody else notice how much he has started to suck ever since AB took a more prominent role in the offense?

Or is the fanboyism for a scumbag named Brown clouding everyone's vision? Sure he played okay last week against a horrible defense, but other than that he's been trash. 

 

WTF? Just OK? This was a Herbert special last week and everyone is crowning him god and the next big thing. Rams are legit good and Arians is legit bad. 

image.png.d52c730720afb50a30dfd8d81e10c7fe.png

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Nobody thinks that's Brady trying to force balls to AB is what is hindering the offense? Does nobody else notice how much he has started to suck ever since AB took a more prominent role in the offense?

Or is the fanboyism for a scumbag named Brown clouding everyone's vision? Sure he played okay last week against a horrible defense, but other than that he's been trash. 

That scumbag isn’t even in the game on Bucs’ base personnel, which is two TE sets with Godwin and Evans wide.  I’d love to see a breakdown but it sure didn’t seem like Brady was thriving in those formations last night. So I’m not sure how Brown is the problem.

But regardless, that scumbag may just help me win some money.

 

Edited by FeastMode
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have found the AB thread to be the most fiercely defended thread in all of Rotoworld. Saying anything negative about AB will be met with a swift counterpunch. I'm not sure how many times AB faced off against the top CBs. We sure know Evans did. I also recall Ramsey on Godwin a few times. As the #3 receiver, I expected AB to go BANANAS this game. (That's why they brought him in, right? So that teams will have to pay for throwing their best corners at Evans and Godwin?) Well, so far all I have seen is Evans learn how to deal with touch matchups, Godwin disappear, and AB stretch his 15 targets per game for 40 yards. And before you break out your flame throwers, I own AB. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

I have found the AB thread to be the most fiercely defended thread in all of Rotoworld. Saying anything negative about AB will be met with a swift counterpunch. I'm not sure how many times AB faced off against the top CBs. We sure know Evans did. I also recall Ramsey on Godwin a few times. As the #3 receiver, I expected AB to go BANANAS this game. (That's why they brought him in, right? So that teams will have to pay for throwing their best corners at Evans and Godwin?) Well, so far all I have seen is Evans learn how to deal with touch matchups, Godwin disappear, and AB stretch his 15 targets per game for 40 yards. And before you break out your flame throwers, I own AB. 

 

I more or less agree. I think AB is going to be a decent FLEX play ROS. I don't see the ceiling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

I have found the AB thread to be the most fiercely defended thread in all of Rotoworld. Saying anything negative about AB will be met with a swift counterpunch. I'm not sure how many times AB faced off against the top CBs. We sure know Evans did. I also recall Ramsey on Godwin a few times. As the #3 receiver, I expected AB to go BANANAS this game. (That's why they brought him in, right? So that teams will have to pay for throwing their best corners at Evans and Godwin?) Well, so far all I have seen is Evans learn how to deal with touch matchups, Godwin disappear, and AB stretch his 15 targets per game for 40 yards. And before you break out your flame throwers, I own AB. 

spacer.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Look, I'm going to say this and then I will leave it alone. AB has had PLENTY of time to start making a HUGE impact. He is maxing out with targets and has yet to put together this great game everyone in here has been talking about since he signed. There is always some excuse as to why he was held back. This time, it's Brady's fault and you will defend that to the death so long as it makes you look right on AB. The guy is NOT facing top CBs. He probably isn't even receiving safety help. That's the benefit of having EVANS, GODWIN, GRONK, and an emerging RoJo on the field. Defenses have to account for so many weapons. Yet, for whatever reason, this guy can't even crack 60 yards. We are talking about the best receiver in football at one point. It might be time to accept that he just isn't AB of old. I'm sure owners will dig deep in their bags of excuses and there is nothing I can say to change that. I don't care to. This is the AB thread. What do you expect. But as an AB owner, I expected more. MUCH more. After last night's game, I'm sure Arians and the Bucs feel the same way. Five and a half first downs on 12 receptions and a few arm gestures just isn't going to cut it. If it doesn't happen soon, I doubt it ever will.

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Look, I'm going to say this and then I will leave it alone. AB has had PLENTY of time to start making a HUGE impact. He is maxing out with targets and has yet to put together this great game everyone in here has been talking about since he signed. There is always some excuse as to why he was held back. This time, it's Brady's fault and you will defend that to the death so long as it makes you look right on AB. The guy is NOT facing top CBs. He probably isn't even receiving safety help. That's the benefit of having EVANS, GODWIN, GRONK, and an emerging RoJo on the field. Defenses have to account for so many weapons. Yet, for whatever reason, this guy can't even crack 60 yards. We are talking about the best receiver in football at one point. It might be time to accept that he just isn't AB of old. I'm sure owners will dig deep in their bags of excuses and there is nothing I can say to change that. I don't care to. This is the AB thread. What do you expect. But as an AB owner, I expected more. MUCH more. After last night's game, I'm sure Arians and the Bucs feel the same way. Five and a half first downs on 12 receptions and a few arm gestures just isn't going to cut it. If it doesn't happen soon, I doubt it ever will.

Do any Bucs WRs ever get over 60 yards?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Look, I'm going to say this and then I will leave it alone. AB has had PLENTY of time to start making a HUGE impact. He is maxing out with targets and has yet to put together this great game everyone in here has been talking about since he signed. There is always some excuse as to why he was held back. This time, it's Brady's fault and you will defend that to the death so long as it makes you look right on AB. The guy is NOT facing top CBs. He probably isn't even receiving safety help. That's the benefit of having EVANS, GODWIN, GRONK, and an emerging RoJo on the field. Defenses have to account for so many weapons. Yet, for whatever reason, this guy can't even crack 60 yards. We are talking about the best receiver in football at one point. It might be time to accept that he just isn't AB of old. I'm sure owners will dig deep in their bags of excuses and there is nothing I can say to change that. I don't care to. This is the AB thread. What do you expect. But as an AB owner, I expected more. MUCH more. After last night's game, I'm sure Arians and the Bucs feel the same way. Five and a half first downs on 12 receptions and a few arm gestures just isn't going to cut it. 

I’m sorry but are you watching these games or going off the box score? You know that play Godwin scored on? That’s because AB took a double team which left him open. He may not be drawing the best corner but he has been double teamed so which is worst? And he’s been beating corners consistently. If he wasn’t how would this guy get 8 catches!? The problem isn’t AB. The problem is Brady. I’m sure AB is thinking right at this very moment how much he took Big Ben for granted. Bens deep ball was a thing of beauty that was perfectly placed. Brown has now beat coverage on the deep routes for two weeks straight and Brady missed him. Well there’s your difference maker right there. If Ben was throwing the ball brown would have had two huge weeks back to back and no one would be complaining. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I’m sorry but are you watching these games or going off the box score? You know that play Godwin scored on? That’s because AB took a double team which left him open. He may not be drawing the best corner but he has been double teamed so which is worst? And he’s been beating corners consistently. If he wasn’t how would this guy get 8 catches!? The problem isn’t AB. The problem is Brady. I’m sure AB is thinking right at this very moment how much he took Big Ben for granted. Bens deep ball was a thing of beauty that was perfectly placed. Brown has now beat coverage on the deep routes for two weeks straight and Brady missed him. Well there’s your difference maker right there. If Ben was throwing the ball brown would have had two huge weeks back to back and no one would be complaining. 

So, it's Brady's fault. Got it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

So, it's Brady's fault. Got it. 

It is lol. Absolutely Brady’s fault if he can’t throw a good deep ball. It’s not just brown. Even when he throws deep to Evans the ball is off. That’s why all these receivers are getting 7, 8, 9 catches for 50 yards or so. That’s all Brady is good at now is the dink and dunk throws.

Edited by StevenSC400
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...