NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2020 Outlook

I have already dropped him, but out of curiosity: is he still at least 85% of his former self? Is the issue merely with Brady's play and the split with Evans, Godwin, and Gronk?  If he was on another team with a lack of a clear WR 1, say, the Raiders, could he still be an All Pro caliber player? Or is he just a shell of his former self?

Edited by ILuvABGs
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know what guys, ignore Schefter—what the fook does that guy know? We need to be listening to a guy with real credibility: Tomei7. 

Godwin broke his own finger to save face before his imminent job loss.  Understandable.

Who cares zigzag. Tonight we are smoking fattys

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, ILuvABGs said:

I have already dropped him, but out of curiosity: is he still at least 85% of his former self? Is the issue merely with Brady's play and the split with Evans, Godwin, and Gronk?  If he was on another team with a lack of a clear WR 1, say, the Raiders, could he still be an All Pro caliber player? Or is he just a shell of his former self?

He looks good out there. Brady has missed him on some deep shots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, ILuvABGs said:

He looks good to me still. There are just too many mouths to feed in this offense and Brady isn’t good enough anymore to take care of everyone.

Edited by Vendetta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

Butttt are now probably in their final thanks to a WR1 performance coming from their flex!  

Exactly.

Been eyeballing these matchups for weeks and there it is.

Will be in the flex again against DET.

This is a tough one... I think overall his floor is pretty solid. Anyone of the three WRs for Tampa can be the play on any given week. It's just tough to roll him out championship week when you know he could very easily be the third player to benefit based on where Brady is looking. I could easily see Brady taking a shot with him and NOBODY runs better deep routes even today in the NFL then AB does. Dude has been roasting DBs since he has come back and Brady has just F'd it up. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

This is a tough one... I think overall his floor is pretty solid. Anyone of the three WRs for Tampa can be the play on any given week. It's just tough to roll him out championship week when you know he could very easily be the third player to benefit based on where Brady is looking. I could easily see Brady taking a shot with him and NOBODY runs better deep routes even today in the NFL then AB does. Dude has been roasting DBs since he has come back and Brady has just F'd it up. 

Just have to hope Stafford is still healthy enough to play. TB secondary has been shoddy so maybe we can get a bit of a shootout going.

On 10/30/2020 at 12:28 PM, Rotocious said:

Well let's see.  For one AB has been stashed for over a month in both my 10 and 12 team league. Originally drafted late in both then I believe dropped and acquired via waiver in both.

But yeah I'll take Nelson Agholor & Corey Davis over AB.

WRs picked up after AB was stashed:

Rashard & Tee Higgins, Travis Fulgham, Tim Patrick, Cole Beasley, Chase Claypool been rostered awhile was still picked up after AB in both my leagues.

Every name on this list should be comparable to AB.  But I'm glad to see you moved the goal posts of the argument of "AB is a top 5 WR ROS!" to "what free agent pick ups will out produce him?"

How does comparing him to week 4 - 8 pick ups mean hes going to be a top 5 WR ROS?

Dang I remember when all you AB fanboys gave me so much trash for saying this. 

But outside of Travis Fulgham every other name out produced AB on a per game basis and especially in overall points as AB still took another week to finally suit up.

This is including ABs most recent performance which was his best game of the season.

[...]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Rotocious said:

Dang I remember when all you AB fanboys gave me so much trash for saying this. 

But outside of Travis Fulgham every other name out produced AB on a per game basis and especially in overall points as AB still took another week to finally suit up.

This is including ABs most recent performance which was his best game of the season.

[...]

No one cares

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, Bluetaco88 said:

with rojo being ruled out, uptick for AB?

Could be a similar situation as last week against ATL. The thing is DET is a worse DEF than ATL... so fournette may actually do some damage on the ground despite his inefficiency. So all-in-all i doubt there is a huge uptick for AB.

AB is on a one year contract, right? Has there been any talk about him resigning? I’m hoping another team will take a chance on him where he has a chance to become a #1 again. Credit to him, he seems to have kept his head and nose relatively clean and we haven’t heard of any locker room disturbances.

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

AB is on a one year contract, right? Has there been any talk about him resigning? I’m hoping another team will take a chance on him where he has a chance to become a #1 again. Credit to him, he seems to have kept his head and nose relatively clean and we haven’t heard of any locker room disturbances.

I think there is a lot of risk depending on his civil suit set for January 2021. As long as there is no adverse ruling against him perhaps other teams may take a shot?

20 hours ago, CooL said:

Houston?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Super Bowl win & 35-percent playing time: $750,000.
  • 45 catches and playoff berth: $250,000.
  • 650 yards and playoff berth: $250,000.
  • Six touchdowns and playoff berth: $250,000.
  • Per-game roster bonus: $31,250 ($250,000 max)

Cant believe he got the receptions bonus with today's performance. Thought he had no chance.