NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marcell Ozuna 2020 Outlook

ADP is ~7th round.  Probably will be bumped up a round after going to the Bravos.  

I think he there is value with getting him even in the 6th round.

• Like 2

I am sure he held out for the 17.8 million tender he rejected. But a 1 year contract is basically a show-me year. This is what the Braves did with Donaldson maybe it will turn out the same way? Camargo or Austin Riley is locked in at 3B now. 

LOVE this landing spot. Counting stats galore as long as he's healthy!! I'm watching his health and as long as the news isn't negative I'm buying.

I do wonder if teams backed off thinking that shoulder isn't right though. He's a risk but a worthy reward and his price is accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Okay domestic violence of any kind is a bad thing but I bet that only in the time of covid-19 does it occur involving a soap dish.  🤪

Andy Slater of Fox Sports 640 South Florida reports that Marcell Ozuna suffered a small facial laceration after his wife allegedly hit him with a soap dish.

Slater says that Ozuna drove to a Miami-area police station to report the incident. Ozuna's wife, Genesis, was arrested and charged with domestic battery following a two-week investigation. She pleaded not guilty and was given a stay-away order. It doesn't sound like an injury that would prevent Ozuna from preparing for a possible 2020 season.

Source: Andy Slater on Twitter            Jun 5, 2020, 9:47 AM ET

Was that a stay away order from him or from soap dishes?

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Violence is not okay. Luckily she was only holding a soap dish when she lost anger control and hit his face. Next time she may be holding something more weaponized. Did he deserve it? Not an issue her control is her job. My experience with violence if u hit once u will hit a hundred times. Hopefully she gets an anger management class or 2 soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/5/2020 at 5:10 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Okay domestic violence of any kind is a bad thing but I bet that only in the time of covid-19 does it occur involving a soap dish.  🤪

Was that a stay away order from him or from soap dishes?

lol soap dish. Well at least it's not on the players side for a change.  Better stay away from that crazy woman Marcel.

Finally his shoulder looks fully healthy. Add to that a great lineup and he is a force to be reckoned with this year. Wish I had more shares.

On 7/23/2020 at 5:35 PM, CFN said:

Wish I would've seen this article before drafting:

https://www.parksperformance.net/2020/07/17/the-curious-case-of-marcell-ozuna/

Maybe his slicing issue from '18 and '19 is related to the shoulder injury? His swing looked much better in '17 as shown in that article.

Thankfully I didn't see this article until after I drafted because it turned out not to be a big deal lol

• Like 1