NBC Sports Edge Forums

• 1 month later...

Still going to look his way as a RP eligible starting pitcher target late as long as his Dr. visit today goes normal, and maybe this will depress his draft position a bit. Then again this could just mean he's relegated to the bullpen if/when he does come back. Looks like it's either him or Bassitt for the last rotation spot, and Bassitt was pretty good last year. So maybe he isn't a great target and I talked myself out of drafting him within a single post. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2020 at 2:45 PM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

how do we feel about Puk with the delayed start? does he slide back into the rotation? if so he can be a big value guy. 

would like to hear others opinions too..

5 hours ago, jonninho said:

would like to hear others opinions too..

Athletics' A.J. Puk: Chance to open season in rotation
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Puk (shoulder) could have an opportunity to start the 2020 campaign in the starting rotation due to the significantly delayed start to the regular season, Martin Gallegos of MLB.com reports.

The towering left-hander appeared destined to start the regular season in the bullpen just over a week ago, but two subsequent postponements of the start of the regular season have exponentially increased his chances of opening the 2020 campaign as a starter. That had been the plan for Puk coming into spring training, and the No. 4 spot in the rotation seemingly awaits him if he's able to utilize the extra time now at his disposal to completely overcome the shoulder strain he's been dealing with.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players/playerpage/2250620/aj-puk

Yes, I think he slides back into the rotation and I do think he can bring back real value this season(is there is one)

• 3 months later...

Not good:

Athletics placed LHP A.J. Puk on the 10-day injured list with a left shoulder strain.

Puk is off to see Dr. Neal ElAttrache in Los Angeles after experiencing a setback with the shoulder that he initially strained back in early March. There should be an update Tuesday or Wednesday on the talented 25-year-old southpaw. Daniel Mengden will fill his spot in Oakland's season-opening starting rotation.

Source: Martin Gallegos on Twitter            Jul 20, 2020, 5:55 PM ET