NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kobe Bryant 1978 - 2020

Kobe always had an aura of invincibility around him, almost like a super hero. Rooted against him in 2008 (like many others) so that my old Boston dudes win. 

Rest in peace, Kobe and Gigi, and the other people on that helicopter.

• Like 1
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rest in peace Kobe , you’ll forever be missed . A true legend to the game

While I generally don’t mind colorful commentary, this isn’t the place for it. If you want to drop condolences, go for it. If you have something disrespectful to say, don’t say it here. Have no issue

Can’t stop crying bro. I can’t believe this. This guy was my idol. I was born and raised in la. Diehard laker fan ever since I was able to comprehend ball. My dad used to make me go to sleep at 9 when

Posted Images

While I personally disliked Kobe and the Lakers as an enemy, I’ve found his work ethic and passion for basketball to be unparalleled and inspirational. He had achieved true greatness to have touched even his enemies the way he did, as evident from posts in this thread.

RIP Kobe, and thanks for being a part of our lives.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for everything ...

love you forever, Kobe. 

RIP. You were the epitome of greatness. Not just on the court - but the way you learned from your human mistakes, and transformed yourself into yet another amazing man. You’re my idol. Always have been, and now will be even more.

• Like 3

Kobe’s news is devastating but ..... it’s all Kobe. I have had enough. 

Christina Mauser a mother of three young children also died so did John Altobelli his wife Keri their daughter Allyssa. Let’s not forget Sarah & Peyton Chester. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, simon said:

So i can pick him up, stash him in my IR and give him one last championship.

You can't put a N/A player in the IL. You gotta make a sacrifice. Which is what I'll be doing.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

WTF that is downright wrong. I always said yahoooooooooo was for kids.    

I think they added him just put up the rotoworld player news. Thats the only reason why they would do that unless people were adamant he got added on so that they can have him on their team 1 last time.

• Like 1

Though RW newcomers may not be able to relate - I was just thinking about how Kobe was the singularly most impactful, heated, and debated player on the RW basketball forums. So much investment on both sides arguing about his impact and legacy. Very 🍿 worthy for the casual reader. A yearly tradition where the usual suspects from both sides would show up.

Reflecting back, I can’t help but feel overwhelmed reminiscing the infamous “god’s gift to basketball” quote in its irony and how well it has aged... :(

Edited by darkyume
  • Like 2

Since my original post was hidden by mods. 

I’ll just going to post this and no further comments in this thread. 

MY greatest basketball players of all time list:

1. Jordan

2. Kobe

3. Duncan

Still in shock.