NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kobe Bryant 1978 - 2020

Bro i can’t stop crying idk why man. I literally just keep watching videos. I think I’ve watched every sports show possible today. Every interview. Every tweet. Every radio. I have tears dropping on my phone while I’m writing this man. I don’t think this feeling will ever go away. I’m sitting here crying right now and I can’t stop. It feels like a part of me is dead. I can’t believe I was lucky enough to be at staples the night of 81. I was only 8 or 9 at the time but I remember every second. It’s a memory I’ll never let go of. I love you so much man. I’d take a bullet for you, I’d run on the train tracks to save you, Id literally do anything for you to still be alive and with us today. Thank you for being a 2nd father figure from afar. I love you more than words can describe.

• Like 6
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rest in peace Kobe , you’ll forever be missed . A true legend to the game

While I generally don’t mind colorful commentary, this isn’t the place for it. If you want to drop condolences, go for it. If you have something disrespectful to say, don’t say it here. Have no issue

Can’t stop crying bro. I can’t believe this. This guy was my idol. I was born and raised in la. Diehard laker fan ever since I was able to comprehend ball. My dad used to make me go to sleep at 9 when

Posted Images

3 hours ago, ginocan said:

Since my original post was hidden by mods. 

I’ll just going to post this and no further comments in this thread. 

MY greatest basketball players of all time list:

1. Jordan

2. Kobe

3. Duncan

Still in shock. 

horrible list lol

2 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

The NBA on TNT special seems like essential watching in processing the thing. Feels very honest and cathartic, courtesy of Reggie Miller, the Logo and others

I am not going to lie, I cried my eyes out. I have no idea why this is so emotional for me. I grew up in Chicago, so you already k ow who I think the best is. I cheered on the Chris Weber Kings when they played the Lakers because I did not want Kobe  to succeed like MJ did. I thought  he was cocky in every way. Of course when there was rumors about him going to Chicago, it brought a smile to my face. Kobe was that player that you rooted against but you had to admire his game. But losing an icon like this is devastating. I am 41 years old and I am a father. I lost my father's years ago. And since the news broke on Sunday, I have been crying off on on. This really home. I hugged my family cause they are the world to me. I can't even relate on how the Bryant family  and even the rest of the families that lost their loved ones are taking this. I would have to be on suicide watch if this happened to me. I am lucky to see so many greats play this game. And whether you cheered for Kobe or not, you had to admire him and he definitely touched our hearts. 

RIP to all.

28 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

I am not going to lie, I cried my eyes out. I have no idea why this is so emotional for me. I grew up in Chicago, so you already k ow who I think the best is. I cheered on the Chris Weber Kings when they played the Lakers because I did not want Kobe  to succeed like MJ did. I thought  he was cocky in every way. Of course when there was rumors about him going to Chicago, it brought a smile to my face. Kobe was that player that you rooted against but you had to admire his game. But losing an icon like this is devastating. I am 41 years old and I am a father. I lost my father's years ago. And since the news broke on Sunday, I have been crying off on on. This really home. I hugged my family cause they are the world to me. I can't even relate on how the Bryant family  and even the rest of the families that lost their loved ones are taking this. I would have to be on suicide watch if this happened to me. I am lucky to see so many greats play this game. And whether you cheered for Kobe or not, you had to admire him and he definitely touched our hearts. 

RIP to all.

I am actually surprised that it's had much of an effect on me as basketball has largely bypassed me for most of my childhood, which coincided with Kobe's career to a large extent. He was one of those who I always knew of, but that's it. I've also been thinking if losing my old man last month has made these things resonate more strongly. Before this thing, I recognised his legend and impact, but the vast scope of people who he affected as a person... is something else.