NBC Sports Edge Forums

baseball prospectus top 101 prospects

I sort of forget these guys are still around, not disparaging their work, but it just slipped off my radar a while back.

Couple surprises:

-Deivi Garcia at #24

-Spencer Howard at #36

-Jordan Groshans at #43

-Josiah Gray at #61

-Alex Kirilloff at #86???!

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I sort of forget these guys are still around, not disparaging their work, but it just slipped off my radar a while back.

Couple surprises:

-Deivi Garcia at #24

-Spencer Howard at #36

-Jordan Groshans at #43

-Josiah Gray at #61

-Alex Kirilloff at #86???!

garcia and kiriloff seem much different but the others seem fine to me. 

They've never been a fan of Kirilloff and they've said as much. Not a fan of his swing supposedly. BP used to be one of my main sources for prospect info but they've really tailed off over the years, especially once Jason Parks left. I do like their fantasy content though and mostly look at it for that these days.

Edited by Blood Brother
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Tryptamine said:

I just don't see the ceiling on Madrigal to warrant 13. 

I suppose it depends on individual league settings. I'm in one dynasty with 6 hitting cats (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP) and see him as a potential high end 4 category player at a premium position. Also, while the power ceiling is clearly low, I don't believe it's nonexistent given the current ball being used along with his contact rate. But really, anything I can get power wise from him would be a bonus, the potential surrounding lineup for multiple years (Eloy/Robert/Moncada/Vaughn/Grandal/Abreu/Anderson/Mazara) could end up being the best in baseball.

They are very high on Nick Madrigal, and I am too so I was glad to see that after a lot of other lists put him in the 40-70 range.  

But then I listened to the podcast for their list, and at the 24:50 mark Jarrett Seidler conservatively forecasts Madrigal for a .480 SLG, which is wildly unrealistic, so now I am back to worrying that I think too highly of Madrigal because I don’t know what he is even thinking with that projection.

Edited by Weekday Warrior
  • Like 1

This is a real-life focused list. David Fletcher was worth 3.4 WAR last year, and Madrigal projects to be a better version of Fletcher, so it's not a shock he's 13.

But Fletcher was fairly useless in roto, and Madrigal could end up the same way. He's definitely lower on a fantasy-centric ranking.

• Like 1
On 1/31/2020 at 10:38 AM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Thanks but site isn't free. Any summary you can give?

BP went to 'just another prospect site' after Parks left and now they are charging for their fantasy list...Good luck BP, it was nice knowing you...

• Like 1