NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keenan Allen 2020 Outlook

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Overreaction of the day, much? He's the WR6 in 0.5 PPR. He hasn't missed a game all year. And the game he's been pulled early he already scored a TD (vs. NO and vs. ATL), so he didn't really burn

I’m still waiting for the ending...who is Nuff and what did he say?

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, ILuvABGs said:

He's been the definition of matchup proof and put up a solid floor game against Tre White last week. That being said we still revving him up against Gilmore this week?

Two words: must start. 

Every week!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
32 minutes ago, ILuvABGs said:

He's been the definition of matchup proof and put up a solid floor game against Tre White last week. That being said we still revving him up against Gilmore this week?

His last outing against Gilmore, he caught 2/6 for 75 yards and 1 TD in the 2018 playoffs. Gilmore missed the 2017 meeting, and their meeting in 2014 is irrelevant at this point. Not a lot to go on, but he’s probably a must start. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ho-Hum, another consistent performance. Only popping in here to see if anyone watched/has heard more on his possible injury status. Lynn mentioned after the game that he was being held out of the final couple drives due to 'soreness'. Sounds optimistic, but with a short week coming up, would be a huge gut punch to lose this guy in the semis with a great matchup. Any word/people who saw the injury who can possibly shed some light?

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Ho-Hum, another consistent performance. Only popping in here to see if anyone watched/has heard more on his possible injury status. Lynn mentioned after the game that he was being held out of the final couple drives due to 'soreness'. Sounds optimistic, but with a short week coming up, would be a huge gut punch to lose this guy in the semis with a great matchup. Any word/people who saw the injury who can possibly shed some light?

I can shed a lot of light I watched his press conference and he said:

Reporter asked "how are you feeling?" :

Keenan :
"Was a little sore at the end only in on third downs, got a short week coming up and hopefully get healthy"

Reporter asked, "did you tweak something or just general soreness?"

Keenan: 

"Yeah, I fell on my lower backish area, uh..."

Anyone want to interpret?

Seems like back spasms.

On 12/14/2020 at 1:23 PM, nmartinez12443 said:

I can shed a lot of light I watched his press conference and he said:

Reporter asked "how are you feeling?" :

Keenan :
"Was a little sore at the end only in on third downs, got a short week coming up and hopefully get healthy"

Reporter asked, "did you tweak something or just general soreness?"

Keenan: 

"Yeah, I fell on my lower backish area, uh..."

Anyone want to interpret?

Seems like back spasms.

He had back spasms earlier in the year and pulled out of the game early.  I think it was against the Saints.  If he's playing, I'm starting and will live with the consequences.

6 minutes ago, Magman said:

He had back spasms earlier in the year and pulled out of the game early.  I think it was against the Saints.  If he's playing, I'm starting and will live with the consequences.

Ill take half of Allen over some of the wrs available on the wire. 

• Like 1

What is somewhat concerning is the fact they played him on third down only at the end of the game. Would they be willing to have him active in a limited role all game? I'm hoping for solid pregame reporting on him tomorrow. Hopefully glazer comes through with the details in the pregame show

12 minutes ago, rag9876 said:

Where do you all think the cutoff is for a limited Allen vs another bench option instead? Hard to say I guess. Like if you have another top (20? 30?) option, do you start that guy instead? 

Great question..debating the same thing as I've got Mike Davis sitting on my bench. Gotta think though if Allen is active I'll play him.

2 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I don't see how you can start him now. He has already been pulled from two games with injuries and is clearly going into this one hurt. He has so much downside. 

all depending on what your other options are....

[...]

If for example...your staring at shepherd or crowder instead...than starting Allen, assuming he is active, makes sense.

Its really a case by case based on who you can plug in.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story