NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keenan Allen 2020 Outlook

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Overreaction of the day, much? He's the WR6 in 0.5 PPR. He hasn't missed a game all year. And the game he's been pulled early he already scored a TD (vs. NO and vs. ATL), so he didn't really burn

I’m still waiting for the ending...who is Nuff and what did he say?

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

At this point there’s absolutely nothing that should save Lynn’s job. Guy has displayed egregious incompetence in many big situations 

tenor.gif

I actually think he will be given one more year since Herbert is a rookie and the team has dealt with injuries on both sides of the ball. Not saying it is the right call, but they weren't really in a great position losing guys on defense and then the QB situation going into the season.

Edited by FitzMagic

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

tenor.gif

I actually think he will be given one more year since Herbert is a rookie and the team has dealt with injuries on both sides of the ball. Not saying it is the right call, but they weren't really in a great position losing guys on defense and then the QB situation going into the season.

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

tenor.gif

Serious question but have you watched many of their games? The teams clock management has been incredibly bad. I think part of it his having a rookie QB but Lynn has done a very poor job and likely cost them a few games. Also they are competing for Market shares against the Dodgers, Lakers, Rams and USC. They need to make a splash.  

20 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Serious question but have you watched many of their games? The teams clock management has been incredibly bad. I think part of it his having a rookie QB but Lynn has done a very poor job and likely cost them a few games. Also they are competing for Market shares against the Dodgers, Lakers, Rams and USC. They need to make a splash.  

I'm not saying it is the right call, but ownership does weird things. Not every franchise is blessed with ownership willing to shake things up. Plus, they are the Clippers of LA. We all know the Rams are the Lakers. Keenan Allen signed that extension so I think maybe he believes in the process though?

Edited by FitzMagic
1 minute ago, nmartinez12443 said:

I mean yeah, but start your studs is more a philosophy for tough matchups, not if they are going to play 20% of snaps. He relies on volume.

We don't know how many snaps he'll play. Unless you have a great option just sitting on your bench, you gotta go with Keenan. Also, it's the playoffs - I'm assuming that most matchups are a "tough matchup" in the fantasy semifinals..

Just now, dewaser said:

We don't know how many snaps he'll play. Unless you have a great option just sitting on your bench, you gotta go with Keenan. Also, it's the playoffs - I'm assuming that most matchups are a "tough matchup" in the fantasy semifinals..

I am referring to fantasy players going against tough defenses. Like rbs against saints or steelers.

3 minutes ago, dewaser said:

We don't know how many snaps he'll play. Unless you have a great option just sitting on your bench (Robert Woods), you gotta go with Keenan. Also, it's the playoffs - I'm assuming that most matchups are a "tough matchup" in the fantasy semifinals..

[...] I’m usually a start your studs guy, but I don’t like that he might play limited snaps. 

unfortunately if you don’t have the right kind of pivots, yoh may have to take the risk. 

Edited by tonycpsu
"Who would you start over him" is an AC question.
1 hour ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

At this point there’s absolutely nothing that should save Lynn’s job. Guy has displayed egregious incompetence in many big situations 

It's not just this job, it's his next job. He probably doesn't treat his career like you treat his career.

3 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

We're talking about reasons why he may want to play Allen. Him deserving to be fired influences this tonight, how?

Allen is a gamer will be very surprised if he is not playing. I am just wondering how effective he will be. Anyone's guess at this point. Fantasy football is a coin flip anyway. Feeling lucky? 

By the way it doesn't influence it just pointing out how terrible of a coach Lynn is. Awful. 

If the team doctors didn't collapse Tyrod's lungs he might be starting this game.

6 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

It's not just this job, it's his next job. He probably doesn't treat his career like you treat his career.

Rushing a guy into a game and risking more significant injury to a star player doesn’t bode well for his future. He better choose wisely and not allow his personal circumstances weigh too heavily in playing Allen