NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keenan Allen 2020 Outlook

8 hours ago, Spyplane said:

So, he got through the game without aggravating the injury. Can he get back to near 100% in time for week 16?

[...]

Not risking it personally in the ship. But I have good WR2 option.

He looked like a shell of himself out there. A lot of his game is superior route running and separation. That hamstring issue is really hindering that...

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Overreaction of the day, much? He's the WR6 in 0.5 PPR. He hasn't missed a game all year. And the game he's been pulled early he already scored a TD (vs. NO and vs. ATL), so he didn't really burn

I’m still waiting for the ending...who is Nuff and what did he say?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, fantasymad said:

Not risking it personally in the ship. But I have good WR2 option.

He looked like a shell of himself out there. A lot of his game is superior route running and separation. That hamstring issue is really hindering that...

The league I have him in I also have Julio Jones. Double hammy risk in the finals. Wonderful. I'm starting both if I get good reports this week. I'm not getting the needed upside off the bench and I doubt many are.

16 hours ago, Spyplane said:

The league I have him in I also have Julio Jones. Double hammy risk in the finals. Wonderful. I'm starting both if I get good reports this week. I'm not getting the needed upside off the bench and I doubt many are.

Both are likely out; Both teams eliminated from playoff contention; no reason to risk further injury

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

Really. Why then did Allen play on one leg last week?

I have been wondering this all weekend. Keenan Allen - I hate you. 

He wasn't even much of a decoy, barely running routes when he was on the field. What a waste when we needed him. 

Famous saying by our brilliant ex president George W Bush.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Fool me twice shame on me lol

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, osiris17 said:

Apparently now a GTD for Sunday. Which backup do you think would benefit most without him and Hunter? Johnson or Guyton?

I'd probably throw my dart elsewhere.

Let’s see how the reports go.... I was hoping I would have some good options post 1 pm games on wire but I don’t.

if reports before 1 pm come in that he’s limited... can’t start.... unfortunately if he’s limited... I would have a hard time starting Johnson too.

I feel like he will be active even if he isn’t 100%. Like what was the point in playing him last week other than serve as a decoy? Well he hasn’t missed a game since 2016 so he will probably convince them he can play again to keep his streak going. Plus who knows what contract incentives he has related to games played. 

Edited by affliction

Not reported enough, but he tweaked it last game in 1st qtr. Said so himself in comments earlier this week, but no one is acknowledging that fact. Same thing could happen again this week. 

Edited by iamkoza
7 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Anybody watch Ekeler's Twitch today where he had Keenan on and they were watching the Cards game?  I'd imagine he would've answered some tough questions from the peanut gallery regarding tomorrow and his last "dont bench me" game.

I didn't watch, but now I'm terrified for the future of FF because on top of Twitter and Instagram we now have to pay attention to Twitch streams.

• Like 1

Now Keenan is a GTD.  I can't see how we can trust him after last week's debacle.  Good luck if you're starting him.

• NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Chargers WR Keenan Allen (hamstring) has a chance to play in Week 16 against the Broncos.

Rapsheet added that Allen is pushing to play and remains a game-time decision. If his situation is anything like last week (which Rapoport says it is), it will be impossible to trust Allen as a fantasy option this week. He played just 24 snaps and caught one pass last week while acting mostly as a decoy. The mixed reports on his status only add to the uncertainty surrounding his health for Week 16. Desperate fantasy managers can try trotting out Allen for the chance that he is actually healthy but the risk simply doesn't seem worth the reward in playing him.

Dec 27, 2020, 8:20 AM ET