NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Keenan Allen 2020 Outlook

K197040

Need to clean house on the coaching side next season. The defense had the necessary players coming into the season, but collapsed as it went along. Injuries were a big part of that, but also just recurring second half collapses. And then obviously we got Lynn with all his boneheaded 4th and inches punts, his 2nd and 25 run calls, and his take your foot off the gas approach in the second half of games when he's up.

A Charger's stack next season is going to be pretty amazing fantasy wise though. Pick up Ekeler first, Keenan in the second or third, and then Herbert later. Oo baby.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ILuvABGs said:

Top 5 WR this year, easily? Or borderline top 5?

Well, I'd rather have Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Hopkins, and Metcalf, but that's probably it.  You could argue Thielen, Julio, and maybe Diggs.  He's certainly going to be right there at the end of this thing. 

3 minutes ago, Magman said:

Well, I'd rather have Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Hopkins, and Metcalf, but that's probably it.  You could argue Thielen, Julio, and maybe Diggs.  He's certainly going to be right there at the end of this thing. 

Metcalf over Allen? Compare the target share. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Metcalf over Allen? Compare the target share. 

If we're talking PPR, then I'll side with Allen.  Standard I'm leaning Metcalf.  Metcalf was the #1 WR in standard scoring heading into this week after all..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Magman said:

If we're talking PPR, then I'll side with Allen.  Standard I'm leaning Metcalf.  Metcalf was the #1 WR in standard scoring heading into this week after all..

That’s fair I just feel like Metcalf has floor games without a touchdown whereas Allen doesn’t need them.

1 hour ago, Magman said:

I'd honestly rather have him than Hopkins and Metcalf. Adams and Tyreek are the only two I'd take above. His target share is just absurd, he's going to average similar if not more than Hopkins/Metcalf, but be the most consistent of the bunch by far because of his target share. Two games on the season with 19 targets. Just insanity.

1 hour ago, Magman said:

Give me Allen over Metcalf

• Like 1

I’ve got Allen and Metcalf in a PPR league, and if I had to bench one it’d be Metcalf. No brainer. Since Herbert took over in Week 2, Allen has outscored Metcalf outright (in fact, Allen is only 3.3 points behind Metcalf on the entire year, including the Week 1 game that Tyrod started) AND has hit double digits every week without fail. Definitely can’t say that about Metcalf, what with the 4 point outings and all. 

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

NE defense isn't good this year.

Yeah I'm not super worried, but Bill still formulates his gameplan around stopping your best weapon. I don't think he can completely neutralizer this guy, but he's absolutely going to try.