Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kareem Hunt 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

He looked good in a "prove it" year.  Kept out of trouble and made the most of the opportunity.

Will the Browns pay him or is he the #1 back on another team?    Not sure what kind of cap space they have but he'd fit with the Bucs pretty well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is who we thought he was.   A former NFL rushing champion and the best RB on his football team.

The Browns are still the same team that scored 6 points in week 1. They don't get to play the Bengals (missing both Geno Atkins and Mike Daniels) every week and there will be far fewer TDs to go aroun

Lmao   I'd never give up on Khunt not for some piece of sausage like JJS.   I'd just keep pounding Khunt till they couldnt take it anymore.

Posted Images

I had him for the 2nd half this season...but will avoid next year most likely unless I get him in a late round.

As you were posting this thread, his Rotoworld player news posted this:

 

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/8823/kareem-hunt

 

In a police video of Kareem Hunt's Jan. 21 traffic stop obtained by TMZ Sports, Hunt admitted he would "fail an NFL drug test if one were administered to him at the time."

Emotional throughout a lengthy conversation with the officer who pulled him over, Hunt said he had been "fighting a lot of (stuff) lately," and that his release from the Chiefs "still hurts me to this day." Hunt eventually admitted that the marijuana in his vehicle was his, but the officer decided to let him off with only a speeding ticket. The officer was aware of Hunt's off-the-field history, at one point even bringing up the Ray Rice incident while reminding Hunt of his second chance. It is unclear if the NFL will take action. Hunt has never been suspended under the substance-abuse policy.

Edited by monkeydad
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, monkeydad said:

I had him for the 2nd half this season...but will avoid next year most likely unless I get him in a late round.

As you were posting this thread, his Rotoworld player news posted this:

 

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/8823/kareem-hunt

 

In a police video of Kareem Hunt's Jan. 21 traffic stop obtained by TMZ Sports, Hunt admitted he would "fail an NFL drug test if one were administered to him at the time."

Emotional throughout a lengthy conversation with the officer who pulled him over, Hunt said he had been "fighting a lot of (stuff) lately," and that his release from the Chiefs "still hurts me to this day." Hunt eventually admitted that the marijuana in his vehicle was his, but the officer decided to let him off with only a speeding ticket. The officer was aware of Hunt's off-the-field history, at one point even bringing up the Ray Rice incident while reminding Hunt of his second chance. It is unclear if the NFL will take action. Hunt has never been suspended under the substance-abuse policy.

 

Amazing how every incident of his is always on video and always obtained. Get uber and hire a bodyguard to keep you out of trouble 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

Does the officer get in trouble for something like this?

 

I doubt it, he used his discretion at the scene; which law enforcement is allowed to do. He obviously determined the amounts were not enough to charge and arrest Hunt.. He could be disciplined if what he wrote in his report was false/fabricated but that doesnt seem to be the case because he mentioned the marijuana in his report. if a small amount turns out to be a trunk load that would be cause for discipline 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

I doubt it, he used his discretion at the scene; which law enforcement is allowed to do. He obviously determined the amounts were not enough to charge and arrest Hunt.. He could be disciplined if what he wrote in his report was false/fabricated but that doesnt seem to be the case because he mentioned the marijuana in his report. if a small amount turns out to be a trunk load that would be cause for discipline 🤣

 

There was an open container of vodka in the car as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

There was an open container of vodka in the car as well. 

 

Depends on what the policy in that state/municipality/precinct are regarding open containers. There are things law enforcement chooses to charge or disregard due to internal policy. A guy with an amount deemed as personal use they usually ignore because if they enforced that on everyone it would be a drain on resources; this is why law enforcement has discretion. 

The officer asked him about the open container and mentioned he could also ticket him for that but determined not to do so. All of this is captured on the official police footage so the officer did nothing "wrong" he exercised discretion and citied him for speeding.I think what saved Hunt was knew he did something wrong and cooperated when asked the questions and didnt pull the "you know who I am" entitlement attitude. 

I'm sure if the officers superiors want to find something ridiculously technical to nail him on in terms of protocol they could based on "interpretation" but that sure as heck wouldnt fly with union or his fellow officers. The officer was professional, did his job and issued what he determined was the correct charge.

Edited by dashoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

There was an open container of vodka in the car as well. 

Where did you see open container? Also, a report from a few days ago said that Kareem blamed the weed on his brother but now they are saying he admitted it himself? I hate journalists. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, K197040 said:

He looked good in a "prove it" year.  Kept out of trouble and made the most of the opportunity.

Will the Browns pay him or is he the #1 back on another team?    Not sure what kind of cap space they have but he'd fit with the Bucs pretty well.

In the Keenan Allen thread you posted about Allen being fed by Rivers, then the Chargers released Rivers.  Here you posted about Hunt staying out of trouble and then this news comes out.

I like you as a poster but I might need to avoid whomever you draft next year - you've got some bad mojo around you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Where did you see open container? Also, a report from a few days ago said that Kareem blamed the weed on his brother but now they are saying he admitted it himself? I hate journalists. 

 

All of the articles I have read mention it.

 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/01/kareem-hunt-admits-to-police-officer-he-wouldve-failed-a-drug-test-last-week-dashcam-video-shows.html

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ZappB said:

In the Keenan Allen thread you posted about Allen being fed by Rivers, then the Chargers released Rivers.  Here you posted about Hunt staying out of trouble and then this news comes out.

I like you as a poster but I might need to avoid whomever you draft next year - you've got some bad mojo around you.

It’s crazy right?

And avoiding players who I draft is historically a pretty solid strategy tbh.

Edited by K197040
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

Depends on what the policy in that state/municipality/precinct are regarding open containers. There are things law enforcement chooses to charge or disregard due to internal policy. A guy with an amount deemed as personal use they usually ignore because if they enforced that on everyone it would be a drain on resources; this is why law enforcement has discretion. 

The officer asked him about the open container and mentioned he could also ticket him for that but determined not to do so. All of this is captured on the official police footage so the officer did nothing "wrong" he exercised discretion and citied him for speeding.I think what saved Hunt was knew he did something wrong and cooperated when asked the questions and didnt pull the "you know who I am" entitlement attitude. 

I'm sure if the officers superiors want to find something ridiculously technical to nail him on in terms of protocol they could based on "interpretation" but that sure as heck wouldnt fly with union or his fellow officers. The officer was professional, did his job and issued what he determined was the correct charge.

I agree, I think this had a lot to do with why he just got a speeding ticket

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

I agree, I think this had a lot to do with why he just got a speeding ticket

 

When you listen to the audio, kareem didnt sound like a confident and secure person, he sounded afraid and stressed as if he was in the midst of a breakdown. 

Makes you realize how many of these professional athletes are nothing more than under developed 20 something adults who lack real world experiences because so much of their lives since high school revolve around the highly structured world of playing a game.

Edited by dashoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

When you listen to the audio, kareem didnt sound like a confident and secure person, he sounded afraid and stressed as if he was in the midst of a breakdown. 

Makes you realize how many of these professional athletes are nothing more than under developed 20 something adults who lack real world experiences because so much of their lives since high school revolve around the highly structured world of playing a game.

 

I agree, sounded like someone who needs someone to talk to professionally. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Best move is for the Kareem to get out of his hometown. If he doesn't do that this offseason, then the rest is on him. Obviously the trend seems to circle and point with friends and hometown. Until he matures and decides on his friends or career, this could become a trend and be problematic for him. Houston, Tampa, Atlanta, and Miami would all be distances that could help. Someone like the Lions or any team around the midwest, would still be too close to home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Best move is for the Kareem to get out of his hometown. If he doesn't do that this offseason, then the rest is on him. Obviously the trend seems to circle and point with friends and hometown. Until he matures and decides on his friends or career, this could become a trend and be problematic for him. Houston, Tampa, Atlanta, and Miami would all be distances that could help. Someone like the Lions or any team around the midwest, would still be too close to home.

Perhaps? But it is not up to him (as far as relocation goes)...IF the Browns still view him as an asset then they will tender him a contract as he is a RFA--a concept the RW blurb writers still seem unable to grasp. Whether they tender him as a 1st Rd level, 2nd or original pick level is obviously still TBD...but it would be quite a shock (even after the latest incident) if they don't tender him and continue to use him in tandem with Chubb for another season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Perhaps? But it is not up to him (as far as relocation goes)...IF the Browns still view him as an asset then they will tender him a contract as he is a RFA--a concept the RW blurb writers still seem unable to grasp. Whether they tender him as a 1st Rd level, 2nd or original pick level is obviously still TBD...but it would be quite a shock (even after the latest incident) if they don't tender him and continue to use him in tandem with Chubb for another season.

Man, I hope they tender him original pick level and someone like the Rams swoop him up there.  If they tender him for a 1st or a 2nd he's probably staying in CLE.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

Man, I hope they tender him original pick level and someone like the Rams swoop him up there.  If they tender him for a 1st or a 2nd he's probably staying in CLE.

The Rams? I would think there would be much more ideal locations for him to land in than there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

Man, I hope they tender him original pick level and someone like the Rams swoop him up there.  If they tender him for a 1st or a 2nd he's probably staying in CLE.

 

He would be perfect in tampa or Miami based purely on volume and his ability to pass protect and catch pases. He would never leave the field 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

Man, I hope they tender him original pick level and someone like the Rams swoop him up there.  If they tender him for a 1st or a 2nd he's probably staying in CLE.

It doesn't cost a team much to franchise a player at the 1st or 2nd round level. While it costs the team that wants to sign him away a fortune with that 1st or 2nd round draft pick value. Although, Hunt is probably worth giving up a 2nd round draft pick for with the right team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, devaster said:

It doesn't cost a team much to franchise a player at the 1st or 2nd round level. While it costs the team that wants to sign him away a fortune with that 1st or 2nd round draft pick value. Although, Hunt is probably worth giving up a 2nd round draft pick for with the right team.


anyone see him introduced before the afc championship? What is with these players crawling on all fours and lifting their leg to pee? Classless

Edited by MrWannaBee
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, devaster said:

It doesn't cost a team much to franchise a player at the 1st or 2nd round level. While it costs the team that wants to sign him away a fortune with that 1st or 2nd round draft pick value. Although, Hunt is probably worth giving up a 2nd round draft pick for with the right team.

I meant "tender", not franchise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

The Rams? I would think there would be much more ideal locations for him to land in than there.

Rams would be attempting to trade Gurley if they got Hunt.  His knees are done and he just graded as about the worst pass catching back in football last year.  

 

56 minutes ago, devaster said:

It doesn't cost a team much to franchise a player at the 1st or 2nd round level. While it costs the team that wants to sign him away a fortune with that 1st or 2nd round draft pick value. Although, Hunt is probably worth giving up a 2nd round draft pick for with the right team.

Ya, but Browns actually may just decide to not tender him at all.  Think 1st is 4.6m, 2nd is 3.2ish and 3rd is 2.1.

 

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

 

He would be perfect in tampa or Miami based purely on volume and his ability to pass protect and catch pases. He would never leave the field 😂

Ya he'd be good there too!  Only way it makes sense from the Rams perspective is to cut about 3m in cap and trade Gurley for picks or someone who could actually start on the line since they don't have the cap to really fill the gap Whitworth is leaving.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

 

There was an open container of vodka in the car as well. 

Ya, it was in a backpack on the back seat.  The officer used discretion there.  It wasn't within easy reach of the driver, and the officer didn't see the driver place it in the back as he was being pulled over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...