Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kareem Hunt 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

Just went back and checked, it was the 8th round hahaha! Didn't remember it being that early, but it's still great return lol

 

all good, mah man 😁

i assume a 10 team leeg, 'cuz if you got him there in a 12 team draft, well ... damn. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is who we thought he was.   A former NFL rushing champion and the best RB on his football team.

The Browns are still the same team that scored 6 points in week 1. They don't get to play the Bengals (missing both Geno Atkins and Mike Daniels) every week and there will be far fewer TDs to go aroun

Lmao   I'd never give up on Khunt not for some piece of sausage like JJS.   I'd just keep pounding Khunt till they couldnt take it anymore.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

all good, mah man 😁

i assume a 10 team leeg, 'cuz if you got him there in a 12 team draft, well ... damn. 

Yes, 10 teamer, full PPR.

Chubb was drafted as my RB1, which I immediately regretted after the draft.

I was able to make a trade a few hours before the game that shipped off Chubb, Diggs, and Fant for ARob, Gordon, and Slayton. I posted it in the AC forum - wasn't a popular deal lol - I'm sure last night's game will make people think even less of it - but I'm still happy with the deal.

Having Chubb and Hunt both was a nightmare after week 1 - and I think last night was an anomaly in terms of seeing RB1 numbers from both. Week 1 I played Chubb, sat Hunt. Cost me a loss. While I think Chubb is a stud, I'm also very bullish on ARob - I think there will be games where Chubb disappears, more often than Hunt - based on game script, situation, etc. So I'm happy to not have to keep trying to pick which one to play (I didn't see myself playing both - last night's numbers for the two of them may likely not happen again this season). I view last night's game as Hunt's floor if you remove the touchdowns. Browns ahead, Chubb killing it, lower touch count for Hunt. And in PPR that would still have been a 12 point performance. I can rely on that weekly in my RB2 slot or a flex, depending on Gordon's matchup.

Hunt is on a 6.9 YPC pace after 2 games and gets at least enough carries; plus the lion's share of the passing work. I definitely think he's the better option to own in this backfield, given the price. And much less stress and heartburn lol.

Edited by JAG_challam
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

Yes, 10 teamer, full PPR.

Chubb was drafted as my RB1, which I immediately regretted after the draft.

I was able to make a trade a few hours before the game that shipped off Chubb, Diggs, and Fant for ARob, Gordon, and Slayton. I posted it in the AC forum - wasn't a popular deal lol - I'm sure last night's game will make people think even less of it - but I'm still happy with the deal.

Having Chubb and Hunt both was a nightmare after week 1 - and I think last night was an anomaly in terms of seeing RB1 numbers from both. Week 1 I played Chubb, sat Hunt. Cost me a loss. While I think Chubb is a stud, I'm also very bullish on ARob - I think there will be games where Chubb disappears, more often than Hunt - based on game script, situation, etc. So I'm happy to not have to keep trying to pick which one to play (I didn't see myself playing both - last night's numbers for the two of them may likely not happen again this season). I view last night's game as Hunt's floor if you remove the touchdowns. Browns ahead, Chubb killing it, lower touch count for Hunt. And in PPR that would still have been a 12 point performance. I can rely on that weekly in my RB2 slot or a flex, depending on Gordon's matchup.

Hunt is on a 6.9 YPC pace after 2 games and gets at least enough carries; plus the lion's share of the passing work. I definitely think he's the better option to own in this backfield, given the price. And much less stress and heartburn lol.


seems like one of the more undervalued pieces in fantasy...I’d argue trade for Hunt and he can become the league winner if possible. Chubb already been concussed once in camp.

not sure if it’s safe to say that browns in neutral or leading scripts are Chubb dominant, with sprinkle of Hunt, and hunt to close out the game (most dominant closer if fresh in 4th quarter outside of Henry). And if browns are down (likely with this defense) this is good news for Hunt. Is that a wrong assumption or we still don’t fully know? Two weeks now and he’s produced so I feel you gotta keep rolling him 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:


seems like one of the more undervalued pieces in fantasy...I’d argue trade for Hunt and he can become the league winner if possible. Chubb already been concussed once in camp.

not sure if it’s safe to say that browns in neutral or leading scripts are Chubb dominant, with sprinkle of Hunt, and hunt to close out the game (most dominant closer if fresh in 4th quarter outside of Henry). And if browns are down (likely with this defense) this is good news for Hunt. Is that a wrong assumption or we still don’t fully know? Two weeks now and he’s produced so I feel you gotta keep rolling him 

I don't think you're off. Their production is close enough (Hunt better after 2 games) that Chubb is definitely looking like a bad draft (between the two). Like I said, I'm tickled to have turned him for ARob.

Whether that makes Hunt a league winner or not I don't think we've seen enough yet. But he's definitely an elite talent with enough touches per week to justify a flex, possibly an RB2 spot - depending on your roster.

I always try to remember that these are real people, and so I don't get caught up in the "If player X goes down with an injury" kind of thinking - but suffice it to say that Hunt is producing nicely as the #2 option in the backfield of a bad team (caveat: they actually looked great last night - but... CIN).

Edited by JAG_challam
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This is a sell high if there ever was one. The usage was frightening. He basically got one series in the 4th quarter and went bonkers with it. You can’t rely on one series a game and 3rd down looks. 
 

Obviously he’s huge if Chubb goes down, but that’s a big IF. 
 

 Last night was lucky, lucky, lucky. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

 

This is a sell high if there ever was one. The usage was frightening. He basically got one series in the 4th quarter and went bonkers with it. You can’t rely on one series a game and 3rd down looks. 
 

Obviously he’s huge if Chubb goes down, but that’s a big IF. 
 

 Last night was lucky, lucky, lucky. 

 

What was really lucky is the Browns actually up by 2 possessions....and yet Hunt FEASTED. Think that's going to happen again with the Browns winning big? lol

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

 

This is a sell high if there ever was one. The usage was frightening. He basically got one series in the 4th quarter and went bonkers with it. You can’t rely on one series a game and 3rd down looks. 
 

Obviously he’s huge if Chubb goes down, but that’s a big IF. 
 

 Last night was lucky, lucky, lucky. 

 

image.thumb.png.73177d1249a5293a069f47bc522693e5.png

 

Last night was one of those rare, polarizing games. I think Kareem will be one of the most traded players this upcoming week across all fantasy leagues.

 

I swear I went from thinking that I'd never trust him again for most of that first half to thinking he's the perfect flex play week in, week out by the end of the game.  I'm holding.  I don't think anyone is going to overpay for Kareem, so selling high might not be as easy as you think.  He's easily the most valuable handcuff in all of fantasy, at the very worst I think you simply bench him if you are really worried about him.  But the floor is safe, especially for where he was drafted.  He will get enough touches and targets every single game to keep him in the flex territory at worst.  He's the only handcuff you can say that about.  

 

If you are buying or holding, you just have to hope his performance last night only reinforces for the Browns that he should be more involved throughout the game.  He certainly looked like the superior red zone and goal line option, mainly because he gives the defense more to think about if for no other reason.

Edited by Trifecta
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

 

This is a sell high if there ever was one. The usage was frightening. He basically got one series in the 4th quarter and went bonkers with it. You can’t rely on one series a game and 3rd down looks. 
 

Obviously he’s huge if Chubb goes down, but that’s a big IF. 
 

 Last night was lucky, lucky, lucky. 

Does it really matter when he is used and scores? He outscored Chubb in week one and they were nearly the same in week 2. His floor is still very good in PPR and the ceiling is very high week to week. You are acting like he's a handcuff.

Edited by ponchsox
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gandalfthecat said:

 

This is a sell high if there ever was one. The usage was frightening. He basically got one series in the 4th quarter and went bonkers with it. You can’t rely on one series a game and 3rd down looks. 
 

Obviously he’s huge if Chubb goes down, but that’s a big IF. 
 

 Last night was lucky, lucky, lucky. 

I'm a Hunt owner and I mostly agree with this take. They won't play the Bengals every week and no way you can expect that kind of output with the limited touches he got last night. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Does it really matter when he is used and scores? He outscored Chubb in week one and they were nearly the same in week 2. His floor is still very good in PPR and the ceiling is very high week to week. You are acting like he's a handcuff.


let’s use baseball as a metaphor. 
 

you have two fantastic hitters. 

 

hitter a gets four at bats a game. 
 

hitter b gets one at bat a game. 
 

Who is more likely to produce?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:


let’s use baseball as a metaphor. 
 

you have two fantastic hitters. 

 

hitter a gets four at bats a game. 
 

hitter b gets one at bat a game. 
 

Who is more likely to produce?

Hitter C?  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:


let’s use baseball as a metaphor. 
 

you have two fantastic hitters. 

 

hitter a gets four at bats a game. 
 

hitter b gets one at bat a game. 
 

Who is more likely to produce?

Which one is getting pitching signals from the dugout? 🤔

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:


let’s use baseball as a metaphor. 
 

you have two fantastic hitters. 

 

hitter a gets four at bats a game. 
 

hitter b gets one at bat a game. 
 

Who is more likely to produce?

 

 

if hitter a gets one hit, he's batting .250

if hitter b gets one hit, he's batting 1.000

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:


let’s use baseball as a metaphor. 
 

you have two fantastic hitters. 

 

hitter a gets four at bats a game. 
 

hitter b gets one at bat a game. 
 

Who is more likely to produce?

Terrible anaolgy

It's more like...

Chubb bats lead off

Hunt bats 8th

Who's getting more opportunities at the plate?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, kaesr said:

I'm a Hunt owner and I mostly agree with this take. They won't play the Bengals every week and no way you can expect that kind of output with the limited touches he got last night. 

It's not about how many touches he gets, it is about how efficient he is with them. Tell me if this is a fluke. He went up against the Baltimore defense last week. No validity to your assessment.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3059915/kareem-hunt

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3128720/nick-chubb

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing working against Hunt is that Chubb is a three down talent and he's done nothing to lose standing in the club. If I owned Hunt I would be shopping him right now. That's not an indictment of him at all, its just that not every week will be like this one and you might be able to pray on the trigger happy people who are incapable of playing the long game. Every league has at least one, you know who it is. Test them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kaesr said:

I'm a Hunt owner and I mostly agree with this take. They won't play the Bengals every week and no way you can expect that kind of output with the limited touches he got last night. 

He's going to be used differently in every game depending on the situation. What did you expect from Hunt when you drafted him?

I expected him to be a back-end RB2/flex with a 10 point floor in PPR and a ceiling of what we saw last night. Nobody is expecting last's nights output every week. It's a bonus.

Edited by ponchsox
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

The thing working against Hunt is that Chubb is a three down talent and he's done nothing to lose standing in the club. If I owned Hunt I would be shopping him right now. That's not an indictment of him at all, its just that not every week will be like this one and you might be able to pray on the trigger happy people who are incapable of playing the long game. Every league has at least one, you know who it is. Test them. 

 

Chubb might be a 3 down talent but Hunt is a better one.

 

🤷‍♂️

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade or Hold .. honestly it's a win-win situation considering where we all drafted him.

You got a consistent RB2 , game-script proof who can put up numbers anywhere from 10 - 25 pts in PPR.

Or just upgrade your roster if you're lacking in other positions. 

I see no problem whatsoever getting a WR1 or TE1 as a return.  

He's one of those perfect players who's a Sell High & Hold , at the same damn time.

Take that to the bank. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...