NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kareem Hunt 2020 Outlook

K197040

5 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

Last year he racked up the points as an IDP. A tackling machine

I know - it's why I drafted him lol. But he was consistently ranked and projected as the #1 IDP player even after 4 weeks of terrible to middling performance. You'd think someone would update rankings and projections for IDP once in awhile. I don't play IDP much at all, but I do know it's one of the more volatile things in fantasy and last year's numbers can often have absolutely nothing to do with this year, and year over year studs are extremely rare.

3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

If any of y’all are on Reddit, there is a really good sports doctor who made a post basically saying expect Chubb to miss 6-8 weeks and potentially more time then that. 

Saw that post, but it seemed to me more like based on an assumption that it's a grade 3 sprain instead of a grade 2. I'm not sure if any clarity was provided on the grade of the sprain, but 6 weeks seems to be what Schefter reported as well as that guy on Reddit.

1 hour ago, harck said:

Anyone else worried about this thigh injury? He's getting banged up week to week... feel they might limit him like they did when the groin first showed up.

just like last week when they limited him due to the groin injury but then he was bellcow? Nah dude- they need hunt in order to win games 

Nobody's concerned about the PIT D?
They stop every RB. Last week was the best so farfor any opposing RB, but it was one play that went wrong as Miles Sanders ran for a 74 yd TD. Otherwise he was 6 yds on 10 carries plus 2 rec for 19 yds.
David Johnson had 23 yds on 13 carries.
Melvin Gordon had 70 yds on 19 carries.
S. Barkley had 6 yds on 15 carries, although he had 60 rec yds.
This is insane.
One could argue that the CLE O-line ... but Hunt vs the equally good IND D wasn't any good. That rec TD masked the otherwise meh performance.
Anyone wants to bet on getting a TD, or one lucky break?

Edited by JCD

1 minute ago, JCD said:

Nobody's concerned about the PIT D?
They stop every RB. Last week was the best so farfor any opposing RB, but it was one play that went wrong as Miles Sanders ran for a 74 yd TD. Otherwise he was 6 yds on 10 carries plus 2 rec for 19 yds.
David Johnson had 23 yds on 13 carries.
Melvin Gordon had 70 yds on 19 carries.
S. Barkley had 6 yds on 15 carries, although he had 60 rec yds.
This is insane.
One could argue that the CLE O-line ... but Hunt vs the equally good IND D wasn't any good. That rec TD masked the otherwise meh performance.

Khunt catches passes out the backfield with aplomb. 

we good. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JCD said:

3 catches for 21 yds last week vs a D like PIT. Does not make me think

tenor.gif

i started him all 4 games with Chubb healthy, i ain't turning back now ... sixth rd value in my starting lineup all day, he'll get his, Stillers or not. 

can't say much more than that. 

• Like 1

He's a lock and load top 5 option each week regardless of matchup.His use in the passing game gives him a solid floor week in and week out. This probably won't be his biggest fantasy day of the season this week, but he's still an asset that you have to start unless your team is just loaded at RB.

Also, not that I put tons of stock into this... but Hunt seems particularly motivated for this game. Could be a sleeper DFS play.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Doesnt tampa have the best run defense or something?  Why arent you worried about Jones?

Their best interior run defender is out for the game. Not as easy as you think.

So to keep this on topic...why shouldn't I be worried about starting Hunt?

5 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Their best interior run defender is out for the game. Not as easy as you think.

So to keep this on topic...why shouldn't I be worried about starting Hunt?

because he's Kareem Hunt. He's better than, let's say, a james robinson

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

because he's Kareem Hunt. He's better than, let's say, a james robinson

100% this. Start you studs. Too many fantasy managers outsmart themselves trying to get cute with matchups, when - 99% of the time in the end - they realize they should have just kept it simple.

Hunt is one of the best RBs in the league, behind one of the best OLs in the league, in a dream situation without Chubb. Don't let matchup worries prevent you from making the wise decision to play Hunt wherever you have him, as long as he is healthy and Chubb is out.

• Like 2

I'm starting him, but the Browns are still criminally under-utilizing him in the passing game. His # of routes run is ridiculously low for his caliber of receiving back. Think he gets stuffed a lot tomorrow, but if he gets a lot of Baker dump-offs or screen plays, he'll put up a good game.

Wish he didn't speak up about the Myles Garrett shenanigans, because you know that brutal PIT D is going to be hitting him extra hard after that.

Edited by harck