NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kareem Hunt 2020 Outlook

K197040

1 hour ago, devaster said:

I believe the Rams are in cap hell due to the recent contract splurges and FA acquisitions. They had to trade away Talib and Peters last season to offload salary because they brought in Ramsey.

If they trade Gurley and get Hunt on a 3rd round tender they save 2.5ish million against the cap this season.  They aren't really in cap HELL, they have 21m open as of right now with easy ways to get that closer to 30m (cut Mathews cough cough).

2 hours ago, daynlokki said:

Ya, it was in a backpack on the back seat.  The officer used discretion there.  It wasn't within easy reach of the driver, and the officer didn't see the driver place it in the back as he was being pulled over.

Well it says he smelled like booze. Easy enough to connect the dots.

Also the open container is illegal and as far as I know not a discretionary thing. God forbid he drives off and gets into an accident.

20 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

If they trade Gurley and get Hunt on a 3rd round tender they save 2.5ish million against the cap this season.  They aren't really in cap HELL, they have 21m open as of right now with easy ways to get that closer to 30m (cut Mathews cough cough).

And they haven't resigned Ramsey yet. Along with other extensions. Are you sure they can dump Gurley so early into his contract without cap penalties? Most of Gurley's contract was guaranteed.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, devaster said:

And they haven't resigned Ramsey yet. Along with other extensions. Are you sure they can dump Gurley so early into his contract without cap penalties? Most of Gurley's contract was guaranteed.

Not to mention - what are they going to actually get for Gurley. Dude is damaged goods and everyone in the league knows it.Rams are left holding this bag.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

They would take on approx 25 mill in dead money if they cut him.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

He should get suspended at the very least from the NFL.    Also, if it was an everyday Joe Blow American, they would already be in the can and probably fired from their job. So I have very little sympathy.

How would a regular person be fired from their job unless they drive/fly for a living? This would just be a DUI

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

How would a regular person be fired from their job unless they drive/fly for a living? This would just be a DUI

?

Most jobs out there - including McDonald's - require that you report convictions. When you don't - in a "timely manner" - or even if you do - you get fired.

29 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

?

Most jobs out there - including McDonald's - require that you report convictions. When you don't - in a "timely manner" - or even if you do - you get fired.

1. You are not required to self report an arrest to your employer unless you work in the public sector or are required to do so by your employment contract

2. You are not required to report a conviction to an employer unless you work in the public sector or are required to do so by your employment contract.

3. arrests are public records so if asked the question by the employer you must be honest with your employer but you do not have to provide any details other than what is publicly reported. 

11 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Well it says he smelled like booze. Easy enough to connect the dots.

Also the open container is illegal and as far as I know not a discretionary thing. God forbid he drives off and gets into an accident.

The backpack in question was well out of reach of the driver and the officer didn’t see him put it back into the back seat. Easily a discretionary thing at that point unless he had go go gadget arms. 

10 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

They would take on approx 25 mill in dead money if they cut him.

And if they trade him they save about 4.55m against the cap this season. 

8 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

My job can fire me for a DUI. I have to directly report any tickets, misdemeanors or felonies within a week or else I automatically lose my license to work. 

2 hours ago, daynlokki said:

The backpack in question was well out of reach of the driver and the officer didn’t see him put it back into the back seat. Easily a discretionary thing at that point unless he had go go gadget arms. 

This would be false in Mass. Not sure if laws are different. 

Either way, I dont want this cop patrolling my town and I hope Hunt gets kicked out of the league. Guy is a trash human.

He admitted to the police he would not pass a DRUG test.

That means he drove around under the influence, and that threatens everyone else he shared the road with.  Again, if Joe Blow admits to being high in drugs, and their employer finds out.  It is bye , bye.

15 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Not to mention - what are they going to actually get for Gurley. Dude is damaged goods and everyone in the league knows it.Rams are left holding this bag.

The Rams would give him away this point if somebody would take his contract.  Not going to happen. They are stuck with him until at least next year.  

11 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

That means he drove around under the influence, and that threatens everyone else he shared the road with.  Again, if Joe Blow admits to being high in drugs, and their employer finds out.  It is bye , bye.

That's not accurate. Knowing you would fail a drug test does not mean you are under the influence, it can mean you have traces of drugs in your system that would be detected by a drug test and depending on the level of testing that could be for several weeks

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

?

That’s not true. Where are you finding this info? Plus a dui is a misdemeanor.

6 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

That’s not true. Where are you finding this info? Plus a dui is a misdemeanor.

Generally if a valid driving license is the requirement for a position (truckers,school bus, public transportation,delivery service,taxi) DUI's must be reported to the employer.

12 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Generally if a valid driving license is the requirement for a position (truckers,school bus, public transportation,delivery service,taxi) DUI's must be reported to the employer.

Which is why I said unless you drive or fly for a living. I’m combating the claim that most jobs require you to disclose that. 

This recent mishap certainly clouds his 2020 outlook.  Even if there wasn't an arrest for the weed, you know that Goodell could always discipline based on personal conduct policy.  And as always, we don't know how long this is going to take.  Given that it's only January, I would hope by the fall that any punishment is long determined.  Certainly sucks for his keeper and trade value if your league is active in the offseason.

On 1/29/2020 at 6:36 AM, Sivaro said:

For marijuana you won't pass a drug test for almost 2 months.  That does not necessarily mean he was under the influence at the time.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

For marijuana you won't pass a drug test for almost 2 months.  That does not necessarily mean he was under the influence at the time.

It really depends on your body and how much you smoke. I’ve passed a urine test after being clean for 2 weeks (moderate use) and had a friend who failed a test after 3 months (super heavy use though)

if its a mouth swab you can smoke the day before and pass (personal experience lol)

8 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

It really depends on your body and how much you smoke. I’ve passed a urine test after being clean for 2 weeks (moderate use) and had a friend who failed a test after 3 months (super heavy use though)

if its a mouth swab you can smoke the day before and pass (personal experience lol)

Ya it's a piss test.  It really does depend, but 2 months is about average.  THC is stored in fat, so if you workout a lot, it actually takes longer to leave your system for a piss test as it breaks down as you workout and voids your body.

On 1/29/2020 at 4:43 AM, dmb3684 said:

This would be false in Mass. Not sure if laws are different. 

Either way, I dont want this cop patrolling my town and I hope Hunt gets kicked out of the league. Guy is a trash human.

Would be a ticket, but that's it where I live.  If it is outside of reasonable reach by the driver a DUI can't be given.