NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kareem Hunt 2020 Outlook

K197040

3 hours ago, ponchsox said:

What a disappointment as a starter. I'm actually looking forward to Chubb's return. Hunt was better in his old role.

Came in here to see if I was the only one that felt this way. Weather was terrible but should have been a big day for Hunt. Don’t get it...

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 12:12 PM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

4 games with Chubb (including the Dallas injury game) ppr scoring:

11,23,13,19 = 16.5 per

3 games without Chubb ppr scoring: 18,7,18 = 14.33 per

... of course, the outlier in the second grouping is vs. the Stillers ... also note that the week prior it was the Colts, who came into that game as top ranked D across the board. 

so he had two very stern tests to start with ... not gonna hold a dud vs Pittsburgh against him, i think we can all agree on that. 

gist of this post is that this cat is gonna rack up pernts with or without Chubb - he is as valuable an asset as one could hope to have at the most volatile (and scarce) position. 

we good either way, folks. 

... vs Howstin after the bye, with full on Chubb expected - we'll take it, either way  😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Never thought I'd be rooting for a starting RB to come back sooner.

When I'm technically rostering his backup. 

Unfortunately, more plagues this team than their star running back coming back to save them. They need to show the ability to sustain drives and get crucial stops. Until then, the play volume will be squeeze, and game flow may bet crushed, making it bad for all running backs. Hunt needs 4-5 receptions a game and this coaching staff ain't doing that. 

6 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Unfortunately, more plagues this team than their star running back coming back to save them. They need to show the ability to sustain drives and get crucial stops. Until then, the play volume will be squeeze, and game flow may bet crushed, making it bad for all running backs. Hunt needs 4-5 receptions a game and this coaching staff ain't doing that. 

With Chubb back. Hunt will be fresh to do massive damage with his targets.

Odell done for the season. I'd like to see more of Chubb lining up in the backfield, with Hunt split out wide.

But I agree, Cleveland is very streaky. Hot or Cold team always

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, ponchsox said:

What a disappointment as a starter. I'm actually looking forward to Chubb's return. Hunt was better in his old role.

Hahaha, same freaking stuff I told my league this week, I'm with ya was expecting big things..

Edited by Rozr1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 4:59 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

Chubb was critical for the Cle offense. They ran more plays and sustained longer drives, which led to more scoring opportunities and more TD's for Hunt as well. In Cle's last 3 games they only had 22 rushes/game vs 35 rushes/game in the first 5 games. Hunt is still averaging 2-3 receptions per game, and so I think Chubb coming back, oddly will actually help the whole Cle offense and Hunt as well. They've got a decent schedule ROS as well, except Balt in week 14. 

• Thanks 1

Surprised to see this thread deserted. Man balled out on Sunday. I watched the full game and that was probably his best game of the year. He plowed through 3-4+ defenders consistently, cut with speed and just pulled all kinds of power moves. Looked incredibly good running, and for most of the night, outshined Chubb (who also looked good) if not for the 50 yarder on the final play from Chubb. Might be just because Chubb's stamina/conditioning isn't 100% yet, but Hunt also edged him out as the lead back even when the Browns were playing ahead. He was in on a lot of important drives, and the target share was healthy. 

Excited for future weeks, the man put up near 17 points PPR without any TDs. Hopefully his snap share holds at that 50-60% mark, but I do expect him to go back to his early season 40% in a week or two. Maybe not though, maybe he's earned the 55-60% role in the eyes of the coaching staff -- we'll see.

Edited by harck
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, harck said:

Surprised to see this thread deserted. Man balled out on Sunday. I watched the full game and that was probably his best game of the year. He plowed through 3-4+ defenders consistently, cut with speed and just pulled all kinds of power moves. Looked incredibly good running, and for most of the night, outshined Chubb (who also looked good) if not for the 50 yarder on the final play from Chubb. Might be just because Chubb's stamina/conditioning isn't 100% yet, but Hunt also edged him out as the lead back even when the Browns were playing ahead. He was in on a lot of important drives, and the target share was healthy. 

Excited for future weeks, the man put up near 17 points PPR without any TDs. Hopefully his snap share holds at that 50-60% mark, but I do expect him to go back to his early season 40% in a week or two. Maybe not though, maybe he's earned the 55-60% role in the eyes of the coaching staff -- we'll see.

I think the week off helped a ton as he was having nagging injuries and am wondering if that affected his output. Obviously Chubb being such a good talent and hard to take down person helps with Hunt closing out games...but in the RB2 land there's not many I'd want more than this guy...still have the RB1 upside any week, especially if they get him back in the receiving game. 

3 hours ago, harck said:

Just another day at the office.

Kareem Hunt was a home run hit of the draft. What an anchor he's been to my RB corps.

Yuck- still bailed us out but what are they doing not getting this guy receptions? Guess it's better when the Browns are trailing.

Jags run D doesn't look like a huge pushover...but this wreaks of a Chubb game. IDK man- I haven't felt that great about Hunt the last 4-5 weeks but I also have high expectations with the best or top-3 rushing O in the league. 

He seems to be getting 100% of goal line work, which is surprising to me, but I will definitely take it. Amazing for fantasy. Receptions + goal line is a dream for a run first team like the Browns. He didn't have many receptions yesterday, but I'd say that was likely an anomaly. The concern would be he eventually loses some goal line work to Chubb, but even though he got stuffed 3-4 times on that first drive, they still gave him all the goal line late in the game for him to punch a TD to save his fantasy day. Good hurdle to get it in.

11 minutes ago, harck said:

He seems to be getting 100% of goal line work, which is surprising to me, but I will definitely take it. Amazing for fantasy. Receptions + goal line is a dream for a run first team like the Browns. He didn't have many receptions yesterday, but I'd say that was likely an anomaly. The concern would be he eventually loses some goal line work to Chubb, but even though he got stuffed 3-4 times on that first drive, they still gave him all the goal line late in the game for him to punch a TD to save his fantasy day. Good hurdle to get it in.

Not sure how a power back like Chubb just struggles so bad in the red-zone, but Hunt's got a serious nose for the endzone no problem. Maybe that's what the coach sees and really does cap Chubb's ceiling. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Not sure how a power back like Chubb just struggles so bad in the red-zone, but Hunt's got a serious nose for the endzone no problem. Maybe that's what the coach sees and really does cap Chubb's ceiling. 

I believe during one series Chubb lost a contact and during another series he lost a shoe. So not sure what to make of it, but Hunt's still an every week start for most people... he isn't always going to put up bad rushing and receiving totals like he did yesterday. It also seem like he has a nice role in running out the clock when the team is up, which should be the case against Jacksonville. I'll be starting with confidence.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

why is one game relevant of this? He was wide open on an in route at the goal line and mayfield missed two wide open guys. That would’ve been a 8 yard td 

not only that but 10 rushes for 62 yards is no joke either

RB2 ROS set and forget

• Like 1